New Gran Turismo Partnership to be Revealed at New York Event

If its W Series, i can only imagine the "controversy" GT will get itself into with people saying they went "woke" or something
If they include it just to make a political statement, like many do today, they deserve to be criticized. Motorsports can be unisex, don't think anyone cares if there's a penis or muscles inside the cockpit, so unless W Series has anything exciting to offer content-wise, I think it's not necessary.

We all hope that this new partnership will give us access to more cars, tracks, etc. But there are soo many possibilities that I can't hope to predict what we'll get. I would love to have a partnership with Supercars, yet that seems HIGHLY unlikely. It could be IMSA, Formula E, Chevrolet, a driver, a new sponsor, or something really trivial that does nothing for the game. It's such a vague statement.

Hey guys, I live in NYC and would like to attend this invite. Any word whether this is opened to the public? If so, any exact location in NYC?

Would love to meet Kaz and perhaps get my copy of GT6 signed by him
It seems Is open to public, they post on Twitter about it

Hey guys, I live in NYC and would like to attend this invite. Any word whether this is opened to the public? If so, any exact location in NYC?

Would love to meet Kaz and perhaps get my copy of GT6 signed by him

I was in NYC last year and flew to Vegas for the Americas Finals (a guy I've done some work for in the past is connected to the venue where it was held so, knowing I love GT, he hooked me up) it was only when I got back to NYC the next day that I looked at my branded GT PS4 (I had it in the US with me) and realised what a colossal idiot I'd been!! Why I didn't think to take the console with me for Kaz to sign I will never, ever, know.

Still, at least I got to meet some of the people who are normally just names/faces on a screen and take a selfie with Kaz... oh, and Jimmy Broadbent :lol:

It seems Is open to public, they post on Twitter about it
Hmm, were the previous live events open to the public as well, or...?

'Cause this one is taking place at the PS Theatre which seems to be mostly used for music concerts, and so, being the guy who would love another Daiki Kasho concert, that got me a little suspicious...

How about something to do with Cadillac? Headquarters is there. Yes? Maybe the CTS-V coupe is in an event. Maybe these two, with the announcement of a GM partnership.
racing-overview-latest-le-monstre-m-xs.jpg

WEC with the upcoming LeMans hyper cars would be the match made in heaven, but if news of GTR 3 being official WEC partner are true, i dont see that happening.

Formula E would be even likely, as its competitor to official F1, but i cant get enthusiastic on FE other than giving us street circuits.

W series - yes it would work in adverticement sense at first, but i really cant see it ending well. Races with W series machinery and all male drivers or even worse male drivers outrunning any female competition in races just due to sheer difference in experience with the game would really work against the whole idea W series is trying to make. Making female drivers seem weak agains male drivers in similar vehicles. And I see zero change of female only races happening in game just due to numbers of player base.

Nascar could be possibility, but i dont see GTS, FIA, Nascar officials and Nascar HEAT fitting in one table.

Imsa would require a lot of US tracks so no.

Then we come to the eternal questions - is it Pikes Peak or is it Spa...:lol:

Dont forget VGT..

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of talk about it in this thread, but I doubt it's the W series. It's purpose is to accelerate women up the professional ladder to get more in top seats, and as far as I understand hardly functions differently and uses the same equipment as any other F3 series. It'd be more likely for GT to sponsor that series and not the other way around. Unless they do some sort of female-only series, but that doesn't seem like something W-series would need to be a part of, and sponsoring GT could be a drain of their resources.

Given that there's supposed to be a former F1 star at the event, I wouldn't be surprised if they're involved with the partnership in some way. I'm thinking it may not be Alonso and/or whatever he's currently partnered with, since he's to be the star of the new upcoming GRID game.

I'm leaning most towards Formula E, it's full of former F1 drivers, and the event is being held where the series concludes.

There's also Jenson Button in Super GT, which the GT franchise has always been close with.

Red Bull is a good guess too, with still ongoing developments of the Newey-designed X1 race car, usage of the RBR hangar for live events, and sponsorship of Newey's son's Super Formula car. There's Webber and Coulthard as potential F1 star material there, too. This could mean an RB F1 car or maybe eventually a Le Mans/WEC-spec Valkyrie if so.

It could be something smaller or less interesting (to us common folk, anyways) like the TAG Heuer partnership, being unrelated to the guest list and having little to do with new content. It could also be somewhere in the middle, like a new brand getting involved for special sport mode competitions/championships (like the Supra Cup), which could mean an influx of cars from said brand. Chevy has been close with PD historically with the C7 unveil through GT5, and would be timed well with the C8. McLaren have been delving into esports, and they could use GT Sport either as another extension of their Shadow project, or even just a standalone thing. Hamilton's involvement could mean some motion from Mercedes, though I don't know what it'd be. Maybe Lotus could make it's grand re-entry? Can't think of any other brands that stand out or are otherwise unoccupied/tied to another franchise/esports series.

If they include it just to make a political statement, like many do today, they deserve to be criticized. Motorsports can be unisex, don't think anyone cares if there's a penis or muscles inside the cockpit, so unless W Series has anything exciting to offer content-wise, I think it's not necessary.

Not representing women is also a political position. So it’s nothing to criticize, it’s something that adds up

New York GT4 track please! I’d love it if that came to the game. Doubt it though, I’ve been wanting that since GT5.

I’m still wishing that some V8 Supercars would make an appearance in GTS. They are in Forza but I don’t own that game. I did play it though very fun. Formula E was fun in FM6 that I played so really wish GTS can get some. Or even rally or rally X there’s a lot of potential for more series to make its way to Gran Turismo in the future. If Sony and PD can sort a fare deal with manufacturers, circuits and racing series I’d be absolutely ecstatic. I’m quite excited to see what GT7, PS5 can bring that’s different to GTS.

W series is a racing championship, not a car gender.

Cars actually don’t have a gender.

You made the point I was making about what such a partnership would actually add to GT sport. The current championship is already open to all genders. There is a reason why there are little women E-drivers and its not because of the game being male centered or even mysoginistic.

You made the point I was making about what such a partnership would actually add to GT sport. The current championship is already open to all genders. There is a reason why there are little women E-drivers and its not because of the game being male centered or even mysoginistic.

I don’t see that point anywhere actually. The fact that cars don’t have a gender doesn’t mean that W Series or a women’s esports series wouldn’t have a place in GT Sport.

Latest Posts

Back