New GT-R Seasonal Time Trial

Finally managed to get into the 31's. Started to get better through the chicane. Main thing is managed to improve my time each time I tried this time trial, still doing my best laps where I'm chasing the ghost, not when I am a few tenths ahead. I think I can do a .5XX if I get a consistent lap without any big mistakes. I can see how you can do a 30.9XX but I know I don't have the ability or the patience to do that.

Congrats saidur_ali.

I too have just joined the 31's club as well. Very happy with that after starting it on Wednesday.

My lap was horrible in so many places so I'm tempted to try for a better time and then I'd say I'll leave it. But for now, mission complete :D

Congrats saidur_ali.

I too have just joined the 31's club as well. Very happy with that after starting it on Wednesday.

My lap was horrible in so many places so I'm tempted to try for a better time and then I'd say I'll leave it. But for now, mission complete :D

Congratulations on going ahead of me ;).

Your lap was probably similar to mine, I had a poor T1 and T2 and then catched a few tenths back in T3 and T4. Normally for me it is the other way around.

Congratulations on going ahead of me ;).

Your lap was probably similar to mine, I had a poor T1 and T2 and then catched a few tenths back in T3 and T4. Normally for me it is the other way around.

Ha, sorry about that. Didn't check the boards. Yeah similar laps I'd say.

Rundown:
Sector 1 was a 29.379 (very bad)
Sector 2 I missed the apex going into the right hander
Sector 3 I completely screwed up the downhill hairpin and ran wide, but kept some speed.
Sector 4 was fast enough.

I'm holding onto the ghost of that lap as I can see tons of time everywhere.

Ha, sorry about that. Didn't check the boards. Yeah similar laps I'd say.

Rundown:
Sector 1 was a 29.379 (very bad)
Sector 2 I missed the apex going into the right hander
Sector 3 I completely screwed up the downhill hairpin and ran wide, but kept some speed.
Sector 4 was fast enough.

I'm holding onto the ghost of that lap as I can see tons of time everywhere.

No need to be sorry, it is breaking over that 32 mental barrier I'm happy with. Did so many 32.0XX, it is almost unbelievable. Will hopefully put in a decent time by the time this TT ends.

I think you have the sector time wrong for sector 1. It should be in the 21's or 22's. If it is 22.379, then you are insanely fast, you could be challenging for No 1 spot.

Edit: I noticed you had a GT Academy 2012 in your signature, now it is gone?

No need to be sorry, it is breaking over that 32 mental barrier I'm happy with. Did so many 32.0XX, it is almost unbelievable. Will hopefully put in a decent time by the time this TT ends.

I think you have the sector time wrong for sector 1. It should be in the 21's or 22's. If it is 22.379, then you are insanely fast, you could be challenging for No 1 spot.

Edit: I noticed you had a GT Academy 2012 in your signature, now it is gone?

Yeah I was just updating my signature. Its getting a bit messy so I said I'd leave it out for now.

As for the time, yes I got that completely wrong. I was looking at data from a previous lap that i screwed up on :P Actual time was 22.053 which isn't that bad but still 2 tenths off the best.

Yeah I was just updating my signature. Its getting a bit messy so I said I'd leave it out for now.

As for the time, yes I got that completely wrong. I was looking at data from a previous lap that i screwed up on :P Actual time was 22.053 which isn't that bad but still 2 tenths off the best.

I think the best first sectors done I've heard off in this thread are in the mid to low .6XX . I usually do a time around .8XX on most of my goes, but mine was probably a high .9XX or 22.0XX on my current fastest run.

I think the best first sectors done I've heard off in this thread are in the mid to low .6XX . I usually do a time around .8XX on most of my goes, but mine was probably a high .9XX or 22.0XX on my current fastest run.

For some reason I rarely do a good first sector but I always drive on anyway and find time elsewhere. I have been getting better though. I just want to get a mid 31 and forget about this TT. I want to play some other games but I won't leave this until I'm completely satisfied with my time :dunce:

For some reason I rarely do a good first sector but I always drive on anyway and find time elsewhere. I have been getting better though. I just want to get a mid 31 and forget about this TT. I want to play some other games but I won't leave this until I'm completely satisfied with my time :dunce:
I rarely manage to do the first corner ;). Normally tap the brakes then throw the car in and then get on the power when I can. Best sector I've done with good entry into sector 2 is below .750. I have similar targets, another thing achieving them though..

I find I do my best times when I get into a rhythm when I'm doing times close to my best consistently.

I rarely manage to do the first corner ;). Normally tap the brakes then throw the car in and then get on the power when I can. Best sector I've done with good entry into sector 2 is below .750. I have similar targets, another thing achieving them though..

I find I do my best times when I get into a rhythm when I'm doing times close to my best consistently.

True that. Anyway nice talking to you saidur, I'm off for the night. Might try set a few more laps before bed and the at some stage tomorrow. Best of luck improving as well 👍

True that. Anyway nice talking to you saidur, I'm off for the night. Might try set a few more laps before bed and the at some stage tomorrow. Best of luck improving as well 👍

Thanks, good luck and good night 👍.

DJW_GT that's a very good time, I'm almost a second behind you and given up on improving it. I might get you to send that ghost over next time I'm logged in.

DJW_GT that's a very good time, I'm almost a second behind you and given up on improving it. I might get you to send that ghost over next time I'm logged in.

Ok no problem, I did the lap on my 'PureGT_DJW' account, so add me on there, and I'll send you over the replay.

I made quite a few mistakes in that lap, particularly in the last sector, but hopefully it will still show you roughly where you're losing time.

Dan.

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that I have absolutely no Idea how to send replays, I've got as far as exporting the replay data, but a little confused on what to do next, can anyone help me out here?

Last edited:
I tried doing it myself. When you select the file in replay theatre you have the option to "export" save. You log out of the GT5 and go into Game, then PS3 Utility, then select and copy the file.
You then realise you have to pay to be able to send it, unless I've got it completely wrong haha.
Anyone else with ideas?

Looks like nobody on there has beaten my pad time yet, unfortunately it's impossible to tell if anyone on the Euro leaderboards has gone faster (Unless anyone knows of a way). Surely there's got to be someone out there who can go faster?... Tidgney?? :)

I'll have a go soon enough :)!, but still very good pad times mate :)! Keep at it you'll seen be getting very low 33's or even break into that elusive 32 category. You'll see my pad times on my old account 'tidgney', and hopefully will be on the leaderboard just in the 32's haha but won't be very far up it!

@ Saidur and Dessy, great times! The patience to get into the 31's is annoying, now keep going you can do it. Don't worry if you fluff up a laps if you see a .5 you can do it :)! You know you can just got to be patient even if you blow it :D!

Im a bit like you dessy at the moment dont want to give up till im either on a low .2 or a .1

I'll have a go soon enough :)!, but still very good pad times mate :)! Keep at it you'll seen be getting very low 33's or even break into that elusive 32 category. You'll see my pad times on my old account 'tidgney', and hopefully will be on the leaderboard just in the 32's haha but won't be very far up it!

@ Saidur and Dessy, great times! The patience to get into the 31's is annoying, now keep going you can do it. Don't worry if you fluff up a laps if you see a .5 you can do it :)! You know you can just got to be patient even if you blow it :D!

Im a bit like you dessy at the moment dont want to give up till im either on a low .2 or a .1

Thanks :). Yeah it would definitely take a lot of practice (and a hint of luck) to get in to the 1:32's, but it's certainly possible though! And I've just sent a friend request to your old account so we can see each others times.

Great job on the wheel times btw, I really hope you crack that '31.1 👍 :cheers:

I tried doing it myself. When you select the file in replay theatre you have the option to "export" save. You log out of the GT5 and go into Game, then PS3 Utility, then select and copy the file.
You then realise you have to pay to be able to send it, unless I've got it completely wrong haha.
Anyone else with ideas?

You have to pay to send replay files?! 👎. If you're right then that's rather frustrating :grumpy:. hopefully there's some sort of way round this?

Well after having plenty of time to play this evening, I finally perfected some of the turns that were my bane! (both chicanes, t2 section). The lap was far from perfect but I managed to get a 1:31.708 due to some blazing last sections. I can see definitely see some more room for improvement so i'll try again tomorrow. :)

Well after having plenty of time to play this evening, I finally perfected some of the turns that were my bane! (both chicanes, t2 section). The lap was far from perfect but I managed to get a 1:31.708 due to some blazing last sections. I can see definitely see some more room for improvement so i'll try again tomorrow. :)
#1 lator-illa 1:31.708
Incredible lap dude!
I think its alot harder to set the pace than to follow it :D
i.e. It helps me alot to be able to download faster laps and compare data, study driving line.

#1 lator-illa 1:31.708
Incredible lap dude!
I think its alot harder to set the pace than to follow it :D
i.e. It helps me alot to be able to download faster laps and compare data, study driving line.

thanks man! It was definitely alot of trial and error. But I definitely drew from different sources heh. (looking at different techniques and lines from youtube vids of tidg, dan, and using the #1 ghost as a point of reference at sections of the track)

I think there's room for a 1:31.5 for me, but that would entail a near perfect lap. I don't think I could string sections together any faster than that.

Not played much this weekend... Just did a 60 lap session got 8 31.5's in a row lol... consistency :D! Although all different times in a different sectors. Anyhow I think a perfect T1 your looking at a .5xx I can honestly see that now, with a .6xx being very good, .7xx good and .8xx average. Just nailing this lap together is proving rather tricky.

Congrats to lator-illa for #1 :)! Once you hit .5's you will see more time :)!

Aww Dan and Saidur I just tried FFB 3! It feels so much nicer! I literally dont have to be as violent and can feel the car a bit more while not working my wheel to hard. Was on for a low .3 then but back wheel hit the grass on start finish straight sent me flying and got a .465. I feel like im more in control at the chicane which is nice so will give this a go again tomorrow with FFB 3 :D!

Dessy, you're very fast but I wonder how come you're Division 2 silver on WRS?
Been wondering this for a while...

I don't ever take part in the WRS. I just set a quick time ages ago to become a member of it and thats what I was given. My GTP tag is more to show I'm a member of GT Planet, but I may start entering some in the near future.

On a side not I just did a better time. Not the top 10 but the best of the Irish for now ;)

Thanks although I wouldn't say great times as it will probably be a second off the pace if someone does a magical lap. I can visualise a sub 31 lap, but not good enough to come close to executing it unless I spent the rest of my life trying then I might stand a chance :sly:.

Aww Dan and Saidur I just tried FFB 3! It feels so much nicer! I literally dont have to be as violent and can feel the car a bit more while not working my wheel to hard. Was on for a low .3 then but back wheel hit the grass on start finish straight sent me flying and got a .465. I feel like im more in control at the chicane which is nice so will give this a go again tomorrow with FFB 3 :D!

3 I felt most comfortable with and have been using it probably since when I first got the game. Good to see Dan and you preferring it too 👍.

Awesome consistency on getting 8 31.5's in a row and also getting .5XX T1, wow.

I don't ever take part in the WRS. I just set a quick time ages ago to become a member of it and thats what I was given. My GTP tag is more to show I'm a member of GT Planet, but I may start entering some in the near future.

On a side not I just did a better time. Not the top 10 but the best of the Irish for now ;)

Congratulations on going above PR1VATEJ0KER.

yeah, I forgot to mention last night that I switched from 1 to 3 also. Immediately I felt that it was so much better and felt more at control of the car.

Regarding the .5's, my first two sectors have to be completely spot on with the last two similar to my .7 lap. I'm not sure if I can even compose myself to finish that sort of lap. lol :scared:

Anyone else having this problem with this seasonal. First lap is fine, and then, just before the start/finish line, it freezes. Same spot every time. Can hear engine sounds, but thats it. I've done the obvious, cleaned disc, cleared cache. It was working fine a few hours ago when I stopped to eat, but now its doing this silly stuff. Internet connection is the same as its always been. Any solutions. Thanks.

Anyone else having this problem with this seasonal. First lap is fine, and then, just before the start/finish line, it freezes. Same spot every time. Can hear engine sounds, but thats it. I've done the obvious, cleaned disc, cleared cache. It was working fine a few hours ago when I stopped to eat, but now its doing this silly stuff. Internet connection is the same as its always been. Any solutions. Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, someone a few pages back had a similar problem, and I think they managed to solve it. I would go dig it up for you but very short on time at the moment.

Sorry for not being of particularly much help :embarrassed:

And great times everyone, keep it up 👍

it happened to me with my old ghost. During the first lap, or after it, I would experience the same problem where the screen would freeze and all I would hear is the sound. It's not completely frozen though cuz I can still quit the game as normal. Which ghost were you following?

Back