New GT-R Seasonal Time Trial

How many laps do you have to run to get your times counted?

1st lap counts. I think your problem is you are going off the track and you are making your lap time turn red. If it is white then it will count. Hope that helps 👍.

Heads up to people in the UK wanting new wheel: G27 £149.99

It is most likely for a limited time so order as soon as you can, that is if you want one.

Anyway if mine comes before the event finishes, I will definately try it on this and see if I can feel any difference in terms of attaining speed over the DFGT.

Last edited:
1st lap counts. I think your problem is you are going off the track and you are making your lap time turn red. If it is white then it will count. Hope that helps 👍.

Heads up to people in the UK wanting new wheel: G27 £149.99

It is most likely for a limited time so order as soon as you can, that is if you want one.

Anyway if mine comes before the event finishes, I will definately try it on this and see if I can feel any difference in terms of attaining speed over the DFGT.

You can run it now multiple laps so its easy to shave at least 3 tenths off of the first lap best time.

Back from a weekend away, just had a go on pad. Improved on my 34 dead, but redlined a 33.6 was just trying different lines through corners.

Line crossover is same as wheel: 162-164.

Main time to loose or gain is first sector as I said previously (I think), think a 22.3-.4 is the split time your after, and you can maintain 127 through the first corner.

Well, after taking a few days off, I decided to have a two hour session and made a slight improvement. Currently sitting in 34th with a time of 1:32.712. I'll do one more big push before the event ends to see where I end up. Happy Holidays everyone.

I thought my 1:34.2xx would be good enough to keep me in the top 1000. Last night I was 985 so it looks as if I might have to get back into it. I think I'm losing too much time in the 'corkscrew' and the final chicane.

I attempted this a couple of days ago but I forget my time.

Did any of you notice how fast that car changes direction? Now I know why it broke Clarkson's neck! :P

164!! 0_0
Ive got 163 a handful of times.

hehe ye, it's actually easier on a pad than a wheel to hit the 164 for some reason, did it on the odd occasion on the wheel, but can do it more on the pad. Its basically 121/122 under the black bridge and a perfect line round that last bend :).

Just finished what will probably be my last session, and did finally manage to break into 1:33s Just. Hopefully that will keep me on the top 1000 at the end. Did manage to get within 3/10th of Tidgney on 1st sector, but messed it up at the corkscrew. Good Luck if your on tonight.

Nice one Mark :)! Very well done :)! Im struggling to get the urge to play to be fair.... More thinking about xmas shopping lol. But I'll have a go in a bit with the pad no promises with times though as not expecting much as I've hardly played, I do expect a 33.xxx though.

Nice one Mark :)! Very well done :)! Im struggling to get the urge to play to be fair.... More thinking about xmas shopping lol. But I'll have a go in a bit with the pad no promises with times though as not expecting much as I've hardly played, I do expect a 33.xxx though.

Cheers Martin, today I was driving with no fear, maybe because I was happy with my position if I didn't go faster, so less tension maybe helped as I had lots of 1:34's, just getting it all together. Top UK position can't be bad, well done also. :)

Last edited:
Cheers Martin, today I was driving with no fear, maybe because I was happy with my position if I didn't go faster, so less tension maybe helped as I had lots of 1:34's, just getting it all together. Tope UK position can't be bad, well done also. :)

Hehe cheers :)! Obviously Edd wasn't involved but that would have been nice to compete with him :), but I think it would have still been close as im only 0.049 of Dan :)! Which im pretty pleased with :). But 1 of my predictions came true a .2 is a podium :)! I still say a .9 is a perfect lap to :P.

Pad time: 1:33.798 (Theres 3 tenths in first sector still, 2 in second, and 2 at the chicane and bits of time elsewhere). Not doing anymore on the pad though as I'm still a bit inconsistent with SRF on. Didn't nail first sector once properly on that go which is another reason im stopping with the pad for now. But 32 is there if I had the time and put the same time as wheel in I would definitely get close that's for sure!

I'll get the video PoVs up tomorrow at some point :).

Hehe cheers :)! Obviously Edd wasn't involved but that would have been nice to compete with him :), but I think it would have still been close as im only 0.049 of Dan :)! Which im pretty pleased with :). But 1 of my predictions came true a .2 is a podium :)! I still say a .9 is a perfect lap to :P.

Pad time: 1:33.798 (Theres 3 tenths in first sector still, 2 in second, and 2 at the chicane and bits of time elsewhere). Not doing anymore on the pad though as I'm still a bit inconsistent with SRF on. Didn't nail first sector once properly on that go which is another reason im stopping with the pad for now. But 32 is there if I had the time and put the same time as wheel in I would definitely get close that's for sure!

I'll get the video PoVs up tomorrow at some point :).

Yes it can be frustratingly inconsistant with the Pad, but congrats on beating my time man 👍. I'm the same as you, tonnes of time everywhere but getting it all in to one lap is tricky. I might give it another go soon to see if I can get it under 33.5, but being very busy this holiday I can't guarantee anything.

Dan

Yes it can be frustratingly inconsistant with the Pad, but congrats on beating my time man 👍. I'm the same as you, tonnes of time everywhere but getting it all in to one lap is tricky. I might give it another go soon to see if I can get it under 33.5, but being very busy this holiday I can't guarantee anything.

Dan

Ah, kinda forgot this thing ended today :ouch:

You win then Tidgney :lol:

I was hoping to put in a few more laps when I got home from work today...but alas, wasn't meant to be :(

Ah, kinda forgot this thing ended today :ouch:

You win then Tidgney :lol:

Hehe best waiting for when GT Academy comes round :)! I'll be putting time in both Pad and wheel, as im quite keen in getting rank 1 pad time in that again :D! So will be nice competition :)! Hopefully I'll also be competing with rank 1 on wheel time but will have to see there as Obviously some fast names weren't in this like Ti-Tech and Edd to name a few, but we'll see :).

Have a merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year, won't be doing anymore TT's till after new year :)! But I'll be racing about so feel free to add/race me whenever im free :) (Wednesdays I race in a championship for funzies but any other day is good :)!).

Anyhow here are the videos:

Wheel

[Youtube]LuU7xm0xCl8[/media]

Pad

[Youtube]nDgeyd8hWRc[/Youtube]

Feel free Lator :D! And congratz Mac :)! Keep pushing yourself to find time and you'll soon be in the top 250 :).

Tidgney
Hehe best waiting for when GT Academy comes round :)! I'll be putting time in both Pad and wheel, as im quite keen in getting rank 1 pad time in that again :D! So will be nice competition :)! Hopefully I'll also be competing with rank 1 on wheel time but will have to see there as Obviously some fast names weren't in this like Ti-Tech and Edd to name a few, but we'll see :).

Have a merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year, won't be doing anymore TT's till after new year :)! But I'll be racing about so feel free to add/race me whenever im free :) (Wednesdays I race in a championship for funzies but any other day is good :)!).

Anyhow here are the videos:

Wheel

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuU7xm0xCl8">YouTube Link</a>

Pad

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDgeyd8hWRc">YouTube Link</a>

That's insane driving! I'm in awe! 👍

Good stuff Tidgney, it is always amazing to see a top pad lap compared to say a faster wheel time. It requires much more finesse and more commitment than driving with a steering wheel.

Anyway I think I finished 2nd in the UK behind you, so not bad but the by the margin it is quite bad. I lacked motivation to improve since getting my new wheel as I'm finding the FFB to be really poor. I hopefully will return it soon for a replacement and see if a new one delivers what I expected, if not I will go back to the DFGT it seems. Do you get tyre feedback on your G25? I don't seem to be getting any on my G27, you can't feel understeer or say even going into T4 sector on this event, the transistion of going to grass and back to tarmac, feels like you are still driving on the same surface.

Finally Tidgney, why do your videos have black borders? Why not go in GT5 and edit the display settings so it fills the screen. Just a suggestion ;).

Hey Saidur I've not actually noticed the borders before lol, i'll do that next time :), its a bit of a faff filming as I have to switch between inputs and all sorts but will look at that next time cheers :)!

I get a bit of feedback I can tell when im on either or, But theres not a huge difference. Glad people enjoy the videos of the laps :)!

Hey Saidur I've not actually noticed the borders before lol, i'll do that next time :), its a bit of a faff filming as I have to switch between inputs and all sorts but will look at that next time cheers :)!

I get a bit of feedback I can tell when im on either or, But theres not a huge difference. Glad people enjoy the videos of the laps :)!

I'm surprised you have not noticed the borders as you edit them. I see it on quite a lot of GT5 videos though so it becomes more noticing. If only they had YouTube upload, or say MP4 output, things would have been much easier although would have taken more time ;).

Did you find the DFGT to have better FFB in the GT Academy Regional finals?

Well, I finished 35th, 1:32.712. Not too bad for a guy that just started road course racing a few months ago. My heart still lies at Daytona running NASCAR cars tho. Its been a blast. Peace.

I'm surprised you have not noticed the borders as you edit them. I see it on quite a lot of GT5 videos though so it becomes more noticing. If only they had YouTube upload, or say MP4 output, things would have been much easier although would have taken more time ;).

Did you find the DFGT to have better FFB in the GT Academy Regional finals?

I edit them but most videos I edit have always had them (So never really paid much attention to it), I didn't realise GT had such an option so its good to know for future :). The DFGT's at the finals were dreadful they were on FFB 1 im sure of it, and I used 1 on the g25 and it was worse than that you couldn't feel the car at all.

Well, I finished 35th, 1:32.712. Not too bad for a guy that just started road course racing a few months ago. My heart still lies at Daytona running NASCAR cars tho. Its been a blast. Peace.

Well done :)! You have to start somewhere and you can only get better so keep at racing on road courses as well!

I edit them but most videos I edit have always had them (So never really paid much attention to it), I didn't realise GT had such an option so its good to know for future :). The DFGT's at the finals were dreadful they were on FFB 1 im sure of it, and I used 1 on the g25 and it was worse than that you couldn't feel the car at all.

The Mercedes event I went to had them DFGT setups, even though they were low FFB, I find it is a lot better than my G27 currently and could drive even with no sound, just through feeling alone. Could be just personal preference but as I'm used to low FFB, I am finding it strange that the G27 maxxed out on PC sims or GT5 can't match the DFGT on low settings. I'm hoping it is just my wheel now.

Well done to everyone who met their targets or come close 👍.

Latest Posts

Back