New GT Sport Gr.X Class Spotted at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 1, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

Class X = SRT Tomahawk X's in Route X.

Lubeify100, usmaan, ss3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. TeamCZRRacing

TeamCZRRacing

I may be in the minority here but I hope they have Red Bulls in the game. Those things are incredibly fun.

Lubeify100, Dan, girabyt3 and 9 others like this.
  4. Disco_Volante

Disco_Volante

Are the cars in this class balanced? If they aren't, it could simply be a way to organize the unrestricted VGTs.

For me it'd be bad if cars like the LM55 or even the Tomahawk GTS-R balanced for Gr.1 were gone. I actually like them, even if they stand out visually.

5. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Probably not just used for stock VGTs but just miscellaneous cars in general.

6. CCLOPES

CCLOPES

I'm happy they've decided to do this. VGT cars are cool but they kinda spoil the immersion of a realistic race.

Swellux, girabyt3, usmaan and 2 others like this.
  7. TheEvstar93

TheEvstar93

I was at the FOS yesterday and I had my first hands on experience of GT Sport and I noticed the Gr.X class too.

8. unit-one

unit-one

It's probably for the original VGT models, not race-tuned versions.

9. ss3

ss3

This makes me so happy. Finally we know what groups the Vision GT cars are in. But how will the slower ones (like the Subaru) race with the faster ones like the Mazda?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  10. usmaan

usmaan

I completely agree

girabyt3 likes this.
  11. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Some VGT cars are already confirmed for other classes. The VW GTI Roadster and Supersport are in Gr. 3 and Gr. B respectively, for instance.

ss3 likes this.
  12. ss3

ss3

@FT-1 I understand what your trying to say, but Group X is the regular non race versions, yet the Mercedes and the Mazda are in Gr.X together. And the Mercedes is no match for the Mazda. What I'm saying is how will cars that are slower be able to compete with cars that are faster. Will they have subclasses of Gr.X, like Gr.N for example having the Gr.N300 & 400s?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  13. JKgo

JKgo

...Why do I get the feeling that the Gr. X is actually a placeholder, until they figure out where to put those VGTs in? No, I'm not taking a dig at PDI, but it just kinda feels that way.

14. infamousphil

infamousphil

I'd like to see a more balanced PP rating system and/or a way to restrict specific car(s) in a room as opposed to politely asking some one to not use a 'boss car'.

Grouping or balancing a car's performance is not going to work if the average driver can run away from the field no matter how much weight is added or horse power is reduced as it is with certain cars in GT's 5 and 6.

Inferno251 and Johnnypenso like this.
  15. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

It's been replaced by the Beetle in Group 3. Don't know about Group B though...

morenoprieto likes this.
  16. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

I bet Gr.X is something reserved for the display pods only and won't be in the final game, but we'll see...

17. TA462

TA462

I can't drive them. Way to fast for me.

18. TeamCZRRacing

TeamCZRRacing

They were too fast for me too. Then I got used to them and discovered how addicting they can be.

Lubeify100 likes this.
  19. TA462

TA462

I've tried them a bunch of times. I can hold my own on the straightaways, lol. Once I have to turn I screw up. I guess it just takes a bunch of practise.

TeamCZRRacing likes this.