New GT Sport TV Commercials Focus on Nostalgia and Competition

Haven’t seen a single ad on tv get. What do you mean it’s in full force??? XBOX always advertises during MLB games, NASCAR races, and other gaming demographic telvism content. SONY didn’t air a single commercial for GT6, and they have no ad campaign on tv yet.

I would love one day to get a GT Classic game with big bold letters, unique menus and 90's cars up the wall. Everything is so sleek and minimalist now that everything looks the same and no character.

Haven’t seen a single ad on tv get. What do you mean it’s in full force??? XBOX always advertises during MLB games, NASCAR races, and other gaming demographic telvism content. SONY didn’t air a single commercial for GT6, and they have no ad campaign on tv yet.

They too busy focus on European and the Asia side. European get the most love since they sponsor a lot event there more than Asia.

I saw the GT Sport ad a couple times during Thursday Night Football, so they're probably aiming more towards prime time slots.

Less advertising and it still sold more than the past 4 forza titles :lol::lol:
The irony being you have been able to play 4 Forza games since the last GT released. Add up the sales of all 4 + DLC and let's see where we stand.:lol::lol:

It's decent, certainly not as cringe-inducing as FM7's musical cars commercial, though of the many ads that GT Sport has produced I have to say this is one of their weaker ones.

Less advertising and it still sold more than the past 4 forza titles :lol::lol:

Hmmmm, I thought that the GT as a franchise, despite its sheer volume overall, has worryingly declined in sales from GT3/GT4 onwards??

GT6 sales, were a third of GT3 A-Spec, in the list below. GT6 shrunk to half, compared to GT4. Yeah, it has trashed Forza historically, but if the trend continues, it confirms a long-term worrying shift. It shows a bigger problem, and certainly doesn't show anything worth much boasting about from P.D's point of view.

If Gran Turismo Sport, is half as popular as GT6 (there is evidence here at GTP/online that this could well be the case) , maybe staff at Polyphony will have time to read (and action) real concerns from the die-hards that made the series what it was. That would be a positive.

If Kaz indeed feels lucky, or fortunate, that fans have allowed him to spend his life being passionate about the GT franchise (ref 20 years making GT), I don't see how he would risk splitting his community to the degree that GT5/6 and GTS has. It doesn't stack up. GTS seems the largest shift, but I could be wrong, there are no numbers to act on.

Gran Turismo Series Sales (as of September 30, 2015):
  • Gran Turismo -- 10.85 million
  • Gran Turismo 2 -- 9.37 million
  • Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec -- 14.89 million
  • Gran Turismo Concept Series -- 1.56 million
  • Gran Turismo 4 Prologue -- 1.4 million
  • Gran Turismo 4 -- 11.76 million
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue -- 5.35 million
  • Gran Turismo PSP -- 4.66 million
  • Gran Turismo 5 -- 11.94 million
  • Gran Turismo 6 -- 4.7 million
  • Total -- 76.49 million

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-series-sales-reach-nearly-765-million/1100-6433205/

Your point of course stands regardless, the facts speak for themselves.

:)

If the above figures are accurate though, the decline of GT over the years is nothing to make me feel happy. I guess in the 80's and 90's IBM was the most popular computing brand in the entire USA, then I think it had to be bought out by Lenovo before it went bust.

Interestingly, or not as the case may be, whilst we're on the subject of GT thrashing Forza as a whole. Eight months ago, FH3 had sold 2.5 million units. If GTS does indeed halve in popularity/sales again - this time out, that could realistically sink GT to a new low. Which is basically about neck and neck with Forza. But I still doubt Japan will 100% engage.

I had to laugh when Forza 7 owners recently became rather vocal about changes to VIP awards/rewards. Fair play to em. Sure enough, within a short space of time, a top bloke came online - said "we read your comments, sorry", and reversed the system.

LMAO, power to the people, if the dev actually listens.

I think the GT franchise trend is worrying. I'm a fan of the genre, which is why I've posted this reply. If you feel stressed by what I've typed here, it wasn't meant for that.

Interesting times ahead right

L8r

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I thought that the GT as a franchise, despite its sheer volume overall, has worryingly declined in sales from GT3/GT4 onwards??

GT6 sales, were a third of GT3 A-Spec, in the list below. GT6 shrunk to half, compared to GT4. Yeah, it has trashed Forza historically, but if the trend continues, it confirms a long-term worrying shift. It shows a bigger problem, and certainly doesn't show anything worth much boasting about from P.D's point of view.

If Gran Turismo Sport, is half as popular as GT6 (there is evidence here at GTP/online that this could well be the case) , maybe staff at Polyphony will have time to read (and action) real concerns from the die-hards that made the series what it was. That would be a positive.

If Kaz indeed feels lucky, or fortunate, that fans have allowed him to spend his life being passionate about the GT franchise (ref 20 years making GT), I don't see how he would risk splitting his community to the degree that GT5/6 and GTS has. It doesn't stack up. GTS seems the largest shift, but I could be wrong, there are no numbers to act on.

Gran Turismo Series Sales (as of September 30, 2015):
  • Gran Turismo -- 10.85 million
  • Gran Turismo 2 -- 9.37 million
  • Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec -- 14.89 million
  • Gran Turismo Concept Series -- 1.56 million
  • Gran Turismo 4 Prologue -- 1.4 million
  • Gran Turismo 4 -- 11.76 million
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue -- 5.35 million
  • Gran Turismo PSP -- 4.66 million
  • Gran Turismo 5 -- 11.94 million
  • Gran Turismo 6 -- 4.7 million
  • Total -- 76.49 million

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-series-sales-reach-nearly-765-million/1100-6433205/

Your point of course stands regardless, the facts speak for themselves.

:)

If the above figures are accurate though, the decline of GT over the years is nothing to make me feel happy. I guess in the 80's and 90's IBM was the most popular computing brand in the entire USA, then I think it had to be bought out by Lenovo before it went bust.

Interestingly, or not as the case may be, whilst we're on the subject of GT thrashing Forza as a whole. Eight months ago, FH3 had sold 2.5 million units. If GTS does indeed half in popularity/sales again - this time out, that could realistically sink GT to a new low. Which is basically about neck and neck with Forza. But I still doubt Japan will 100% engage.

I had to laugh when Forza 7 owners recently became rather vocal about changes to VIP awards/rewards. Fair play to em. Sure enough, within a short space of time, a top bloke came online - said "we read your comments, sorry", and reversed the system.

LMAO, power to the people, if the dev actually listens.

I think the GT franchise trend is worrying. I'm a fan of the genre, which is why I've posted this reply. If you feel stressed by what I've typed here, it wasn't meant for that.

Interesting times ahead right

L8r
No stress you've laid out straight facts. Gt3 at it's best was being sold once every 10ish ps2s sold(155million ps2s). Gt6 at the end of ps3s life was selling 1 copy per 16 ps3 sold, wether or not that was the ps4 stepping in ruining that who knows.

Right now ps4 is at about 61million sold. To beat gt6s console to copy sold ratio at the moment GTS would have to sell at least 3.8million sales in its lifetime.

I don't think we'll ever see gt3 console to copy ratios ever again, the racing genre just isn't as popular as it was back on ps2, and there's a lot more competition doing alot of the same compared to back then when gt was doing revolutionary things for the genre.

But I'm hopeful that we'll at least beat gt6 standards. Its all very interesting indeed when you look at the numbers..

"We're tired of racing against one's and zero's." I'm really getting sick of the adds that act like the GT player base was screaming for an online centered game without all the features that made the game stand out in the first place instead of an actual GT7.

Agreed, the new direction will either make or break the franchise...guess we'll find out when the sales figures are known and how it compares to previous titles in the series.

Seen it four times on my end so far.

Is it me or why this ad seems to be bashing the past of GT? "Oh we don't like A.I's" or "oh screw large variety of cars"?

Maybe it's just me but I actually prefer the Japanese ad instead...seems more about the fun racing rather than taking everything seriously.

Nostalgia. Hmm... It was neat to see the spots from the old games.

Now, I just hope and pray they will actually listen to their fan base. Sure, online is awesome. I'm not ever going to discount that.

But....

I dearly hope that they are working on the offline portion.

And I hope MOST sincerely that they are bringing back the tracks and events from the old games!

I would LOVE to see the original SSR11. And the GT3 version.

I would LOVE to see (all!!! of) the tracks from GT2! (And 1, and 3, and 4, and.... ;) )

And, I want to see the events from all of the previous games. Seriously! Who wouldn't like an updated version of the championships from GT1, 2, and 3? (and 4, and 5, and... ;) )

If they don't listen, I sincerely hope this game destroys them.

Enough is enough. Listen and respond to your customers and fan base! Please!

I was thrilled to be part of the closed beta and to see the actual attempts made to listen and respond to the comments and requests. If that continues and improves, this game has a chance.

"We're tired of racing against one's and zero's." I'm really getting sick of the adds that act like the GT player base was screaming for an online centered game without all the features that made the game stand out in the first place instead of an actual GT7.
I can swear that sometimes in previous GT like GT3 i find the CPU more entertaining than humans X)

Seen it four times on my end so far.
Watching the Bears game, I’ve seen COD WW2 and some other game for PS, wasn’t GTS so I blocked it from memory lol. Nothing during the Cubs game last night, except heartache.

I don’t really have a sense of nostalgia with the commercial, if they went to the history of GT, then that would definitely be nostalgic.

To
Nostalgia? Just give us trail mountain, grand valley, deep Forest, Seattle, red Rock valley, high speed ring ect ect
To be honest this is what I believe is missing. The tracks we all knew and loved. Trial mountain is my favourite of all time. I could do without the huge roster of cars but not the tracks I loved.

I think a lot of these originals are missing from GTS due to them not being up to par visualy and they need to be re made and future proofed.

Still wouldn't buy the game if they added these though. The GTS physics model seems to have been copied from a bowl of jello.

Back