New GT5 demo???

• Thread starter whatbrown
  • 481 comments
I agree 100%. Plus I'm convinced we have to put up with this endless pathetic GT5 release saga thanks to all those who want Gt to become a perfect Real Car Wrecking Simulator.

thanks then đź‘Ť

You can't know or prove that, but you welcome anyways!:D
Firstly, I race cleanly and that way you can appreciate more when you actually manage to pass someone on the track, BUT if something goes wrong, and cars crash into each other or the barriers, I DON'T want to see pinball machine hilarity with cars bouncing around like solid peaces of metal!:yuck: That's unrealistic, retarded and breaks the illusion and immersion game tries to achieve!đź‘Ž
And I'm not talking only about visual damage and effects, it must be followed by mechanical damage, because one without the other is plain stupid!:crazy:(imagine a scene after a crash: perfect looking car which wont move, or totally wrecked one which goes like nothing happened!)
Also, there is some psychology involved, because you would start to care more for your cars and how you drive them(I'm guessing we'll have to pay for the repairs, which is logical), and that would ultimately make better and more aware drivers in my opinion.đź’ˇ
p.s. ...and yes, there are some cars which I would like to wreck on purpose!:dopey:

I just went into my local blockbuster and they have the GT5 promo boxes all over the store. They have 30th april release. Anyone else seen the promo stuff??

sorry posted in wrong thread

Pix or it didn't happen!

I can go and take pictures if you want. its real. I live in Wirral England

they also had just cause 2 boxes and something called Blur i think, anyway reserved for 2 quid

My wife thinks i'm a saddo for wanting to take pictures - but i will try and get back there later & post pics. I did interogate the guy behind the counter, he was fairly clued up. he said if they receive the promo cases / posters - release is within 1/2 mths

You need damage, to prevent people thinking its ok to drive like Alf on Acid in the Arizona desert.

Even if you "never crash" this will be more incentive not to.

Promo Schmomo.

My wife thinks i'm a saddo for wanting to take pictures - but i will try and get back there later & post pics. I did interogate the guy behind the counter, he was fairly clued up. he said if they receive the promo cases / posters - release is within 1/2 mths

If it's true You would be the next Jesus here ;)

this is the number for my local store. He can tell you the latest release date on their system

0151 608 9937

ask the guy, the boxes are opposite the counter

this is the number for my local store. He can tell you the latest release date on their system

0151 608 9937

Ok , but there is a little problem ;) Im in a far, far country called Poland right now and can't go there ;P

0151 608 9937

If we do phone him up will we have to speak with a scouse accent so he doesn't get suspicious! I've got visions of the Wirral Blockbsuters phone ringing off the hook with people all asking exactly the same question.

If we do phone him up will we have to speak with a scouse accent so he doesn't get suspicious! I've got visions of the Wirral Blockbsuters phone ringing off the hook with people all asking exactly the same question.

Do it mate - at least people will know im not lying. I only packed away my G25 yesterday aswell while i played god of war :(

I just called the store and the guy verified that they had GT5 Promo boxes opposite the counter. He sounded pretty legit, unless he is obviously in on it with you or that the guy who answerd the phone is you and you're pulling a con on us all. Really if this is true then the game will drop within 6 months.

I just called the store and the guy verified that they had GT5 Promo boxes opposite the counter. He sounded pretty legit, unless he is obviously in on it with you or that the guy who answerd the phone is you and you're pulling a con on us all. Really if this is true then the game will drop within 6 months.

Dude it's got absolutely nothing to do with me. I'm at work in Newcastle and have never even been to the Wirral. I was just commenting on what somebody else posted.

Sacrilege! Birkenhead isn't Liverpool! Although de do talk like us a bit don't de doh ;)

I'm on the other side of the water but if I pass a Blockbuster in the next couple of days I'll check it out. Even if they have got display stands up it's no indication of an immanent release.

well, I'm still disapointed in the damage demo they are showing. Aside from the fact that i'd love for cars to be completely wreackable and i don't much care about production cars because i want to race with modded racing cars (my own, or officials)... i'm still quite disapointed. Even if its just scratches and plunked bumpers, it still gives a very authentic/after race look at the cars... just like dirt like in GRID/Dirt2/Forza2/3. (yes i know, its a comparison, but they do it and GT doesn't). Aside from that, as usually, stunning graphics, stunning quality... albeit, perhaps a bit too clinical for my taste. This game needs a bit more visual effects aside from the bloomy sun.

I think P-D is not born from the first day (french expression), and they know Dirt 1 and Dirt 2 damage model level than it's for me the most good damage style for the moment.

So i m sure P-D can be more than we can see now.
Sure the important it's make the difference between carbon and firglass cars parts damage and steel cars parts damage style déformation.

I should have it tomorrow if everything goes according to plan :P

:confused: I don't care what method you'll use to get the thing, but you'll become a legend around here if you manage to get it. Good luck.

Talked to my friend just now, waiting for him to get back to me later today about all this. If i can't get it (seems to debug ps3s sadly) I'll try to get him to do some capture and what not :embarrassed:

*fingers crossed*

Talked to my friend just now, waiting for him to get back to me later today about all this. If i can't get it (seems to debug ps3s sadly) I'll try to get him to do some capture and what not :embarrassed:

*fingers crossed*

I can' wait to see you again on this forum Alba... maybe a new light will shine on us... like a sunrise (as you probably know Alba is the italian word for Sunrise)
I saw some oriental chars close to your name.. if they are japanese then... rising sun... there's a connection.
Thanks for your work in any event

So Blockbusters take the publicly released artwork and make up their own display boxes...big deal. Stores in my local town have been doing that for ages now.

I can' wait to see you again on this forum Alba... maybe a new light will shine on us... like a sunrise (as you probably know Alba is the italian word for Sunrise)
I saw some oriental chars close to your name.. if they are japanese then... rising sun... there's a connection.
Thanks for your work in any event
Oh dear, the melodramatics on this site never cease to amaze me!

Back