new gt5p ai...

Messages
2,980
United States
Greensboro/NC/U
Messages
jarod336/GTP_torque
Messages
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
a much more smarter persistant bunch of computer cars... i have found it imposible to gain the lead now..:grumpy: but still more fun to race in singleplayer now, and challenging:tup:
 
I noticed this to, they actually fight to get thir position back now.
 
Youp, Hmm, 20 laps on FUJI!
I still do not know what tire compounds they use. And seems sometimes when I pick a car, the difficulty bar is toooo high.
 
AI got pretty good in things they can do, but they still can't compete in Professional physics mode and that's making AI completely useless for me. Most of the races are too difficult when they all have much more grip to compete with you, they don't use the tyres you chose for your car and their back will never goes sideways. So you must compete with your NSX Type-R against Ford Focus and similar cars to be able to beat them. It's just silly system. Yesterday evening I was looking through all the races of the game for good 280HP competition for NSX Type-R, but nothing found.
 
The AI is crap, it's scripted and it cheats, see also this topic.

I would respect it if it were playing by the rules and actually showed some insight, but the way it is now, it's more of a starting grid lottery than a battle of skill.

Still, AI is always a hard thing to get right. I wouldn't mind the scripting as much if the AI would be playing by the rules. But it's a common trick among developers: instead of making the AI smarter at higher levels, they just make it cheat.
 
Back