New layout?

christara321

Computer never sleeps
Premium
England
Halifax, England
christara321
Not sure if the site or anyone has mentioned the layout in regards to IE11.
The menus are a little all over the place.

First there is this menu when creating new thread. Text seems misplaced.

1st.png

Then on the forums page the menu is stuck behind as you can see the banner.

2nd.png

After a quick browse its still looking messy?
The wording sports forum seems to be the wrong place to the banner and so does some of the other writing I presume is supposed to be in the banner?

3rd.png

Plus could I also ask @Jordan if you checked out the other post I made the other day about colours?
LINK https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/love-the-new-front-page-layout.356465/page-4#post-11846904

Thanks Chris

EDIT:
Will say I have tried all things my end in regards to zoom levels/resetting IE11 and everything I can think off.
Still no luck. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Last edited:
If you take a look at this thread @christara321 I think you'll find someone with the same problem. I believe it's caused because the the new GTP update isn't fully compatible with the MS explorer browser - currently.

If you were to try the newer MS Edge browser or even swap to another such as Chrome or Firefox I think your formatting errors would be fixed.

If you take a look at this thread @christara321 I think you'll find someone with the same problem. I believe it's caused because the the new GTP update isn't fully compatible with the MS explorer browser - currently.

If you were to try the newer MS Edge browser or even swap to another such as Chrome or Firefox I think your formatting errors would be fixed.

Not seen the thread but thanks for pointing that out. Glad it had been seen. :)
I guess it well help some, but its not just about switching browser because one doesn,t work. Its about being compatible to the masses?

I guess thats why I personally use a few browsers but thats me, Chrome no issues but am speaking hopefully for more than myself when I say IE11 has a problem.
Am guessing thats two of us now. Probably more out there.

I guess it well help some, but its not just about switching browser because one doesn,t work. Its about being compatible to the masses?

I guess thats why I personally use a few browsers but thats me, Chrome no issues but am speaking hopefully for more than myself when I say IE11 has a problem.
Internet Explorer has been outdated for years now, and given that it's discontinued I wouldn't expect GTP to be updated for it.

Internet Explorer has been outdated for years now, and given that it's discontinued I wouldn't expect GTP to be updated for it.
It may be out dated but its still being used by at least two of us in gtplanet ;) and am guessing many more out there.
I know now that for a fact with the message above there,s two of us. lol

Guess what there,s even people still using XP?

I will take a look at fixing this bug for IE11, but it will likely not something I will be able to work on for a few weeks.
Remember, @Jordan does all this by himself. The fact is that it's amazing there's so few bugs, despite the huge range of OSes and browsers used, and all the differences in compatibility. Not just all the different versions of Windows OS, Apple and Linux, but Windows Phone, Apple Mobile, Android & Blackberry, and then Playstation, XBox and Nintendo OS! And then people browse on Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, whatever the Playstation's one is... And that's assuming that the users have up-to-date software. Firefox 53.0.3 might behave differently than Firefox 53.0.2, or it might behave differently on Android 7.1.2 to Android 7.1.1, or 6.1, or OS X 10.12...

You're talking about millions of combinations of browser and operating system, and one guy making his website as incompatible as possible with all of them. We even had someone using the Odyssey web browser, with Amiga OS. Yeah.

As quoted above in the thread you were linked to, he's aware of the bug with IE11, but it will take a while to get to it and he's currently in Los Angeles at E3 anyway.

As quoted above in the thread you were linked to, he's aware of the bug with IE11, but it will take a while to get to it and he's currently in Los Angeles at E3 anyway.

And if you took the time to notice I did actually answer the person in question.
Thanks once again.

I also said am glad it had been seen. Which I never saw earlier before I made the post. Otherwise it would of saved me a job.
God you really do have it in for me. Not sure what your issues are?
Think I,ve said enough, time for me to move to my other browser to please the masses.
Thanks Famine hope I,ve been polite enough with my answer.
Thanks Chris.

I also said am glad it had been seen. Which I never saw earlier before I made the post. Otherwise it would of saved me a job.
After you said that you made this post:
That was the post I quoted and answered.
God you really do have it in for me. Not sure what your issues are?
I've no idea who you are and I've no idea how answering your post about how difficult it is to make a site 'compatible to the masses' means I have it in for you.

After you said that you made this post:
Never saw the previous thread in question, But when I was told and pointed to a thread I thanked the person as politely has possible.

Not sure where your going with that?

I've no idea who you are and I've no idea how answering your post about how difficult it is to make a site 'compatible to the masses' means I have it in for you.

I feel it goes a lot deeper than this thread? Not just about now but I feel like its any time I post. Been like that for many a moon.
Anyway forget it. Thats just the way it is.
Don,t want to waste my time or yours so just delete the thread. Since the questions I posted have been answered.
Saves getting into an argument. :( Since thats the way I feel when ever I post anything in you pop.
Thanks again, Chris.

Never saw the previous thread in question, But when I was told and pointed to a thread I thanked the person as politely has possible.

Not sure where your going with that?
You made the post I was responding to after you did that. Look:
It was literally the next sentence. It had a question in it - with a question mark (bolded above). I answered the question.

My answer explained how difficult it is to make a website that works flawlessly for everyone who ever visits on every device and every browser. It has nothing to do with who you are (I have no idea) or whatever quarrel you think I have with you (I don't know who you are) - it's literally a straight up and down technical answer as to how you can't get a website to work with everything. And a reminder that the issue has been noted before and is in the queue for a fix.

I feel it goes a lot deeper than this thread? Not just about now but I feel like its any time I post. Been like that for many a moon.
Anyway forget it. Thats just the way it is.
Don,t want to waste my time or yours so just delete the thread. Since the questions I posted have been answered.
Saves getting into an argument. :( Since thats the way I feel when ever I post anything in you pop.
Again, I have no idea who you are and no idea how you'd construe a technical answer to your query as 'having it in for you'. I have 57,000 posts. That's about 1 in every 200 posts on this site - I answer a lot of people. It's quite likely you'll see my name a lot, just by the law of averages.

There's no need to delete the thread, because it might help other people searching for a similar answer.

Back