New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
Hi guys, I'm gt_master. Sorry gt _masta that my name is so similar. I created my account before I knew you had a similar name. Anyway, I slide a Shuichi Shigeno AE86 Corolla. I'm not the best drifter out there, but I still like it:)

Hey, I'm Tunerguy21. I got into GT4 driftng when I read the FR Drift Guide by Boundary Layer and Swift. I did what it said and I've been addicted to GT4 drifting ever since. My current drift car is a '97 Nissan Skyline GTR R33 V-spec-stay with me here-, but I also have an '04 Honda S2000-Thanks Boundary Layer and Swift:)-, a Toyota AE86 Sprinter Treuno, a Nissan Sylvia S15 Spec R Aero, and a Mazda RX-7 Spirit that I use for drifting as well.

Hi There! :)
I've had an account here for quite some time, but I haven't used it yet. But I would really like to get into drifting. I started a little bit myself after I read a small drifting tutorial on the internet. I used GT4's Honda S2000 to tune. I just followed the example that the guy had made; I don't know what I did:indiff:. Anyways, I still don't really get it, but I have had a couple of good drifts once in awhile...

Hello everybody of the GTP fourms, Im Phill and I have been a huge fan since I got the first one and heavily gotten me with the rare JDM cars(espically with the Skyline GT-R:)) the Euro cars(love the RUF, Venturi, the Elise GT1 and the almighty Speed 12:bowdown:) Aussie and US cars(gotta love FPV, Holden Comondore SS/VXR Monaro/GTOs, Vipers and the classics like the GT40 and R/T 440;).) and I wan't 2 get to the nitty-gritty of drifting in GT4 and GT5(including GT5P) to the fullest. I know its gonna take time and practice and I don't mind. Its gonna be great 2 go sideways on the Nurburing:scared:.

Btw, I'm planning 2 buy a car and fix it up for Drifting/Track/Street use probably a 240SX coupe(S13 or S14), RX-7(FD3S), or a Supra(MKIV '92-'98) when I do I'll post you all the info :).

^ try starting with the 240sx as it has a more normal power curve and definitly try to not change your turbo out before you get the hang of it. The mk4 supras are difficult to drive period with out AIDS on. AIDS= No Dorifto

Hey. I just joined yesterday, but ive been drifting for a while. Got some videos on youtube of me drifting in gt4. One is just goofing off, the other is actually half trying. My favorite car to drift with in the game is my nissan gt-r vspec '95 using the drift settings i got off of here.

Hi, I'm Austin, and Im addicted to drifting (audience) hi Austin. Umm I'm 17 and I've been drifting my '02 Suzuki areo sx for a little over a year. I found out about this while searching for settings on Google lmao! I also have been drifting since gt3.

Hello everyone, i'm new to the forums and also drifting. i wanted to learn how to drift from the best so i decided to join gtplanet. when i look at other sites and trying to find out a good way to drift, its not showing anywhere. so i hope i can get alot of help from gtplanet. :)

Hello guys. I am not too new to the forums, I usually lurk and don't post. I recently started drifting, so I suck at the moment. But I'm trying to get better, and I sure hope GTP can help!

Hey Everybody,

Im not brand new to drifiting but i suck at it which still makes me a rookie. I love GT, waited very patiently for GT5 and the results were worth every minute. i said from drifiting, im a diehard racer and always enjoy competition.

looking to get good at drifitng so watch out:sly:

My PSN in Lordsmyty im im down for anything

Greetings, I am a long time race car game fan. Been addicted for a while now, just got GT4 about 2 months ago & I'm making excellent progress. down side is I don't think that I'm getting the most of the game without drifting. I've been doing my research reading treads & watching:gtpflag: videos about drifting. So far this is worth joining and learning. I have a passion about cars/learning. So if I can learn about cars (drifting) then I'm all in! For now, I'm gonna read thru more treads

:gtpflag:I humbly await tips lol :gtpflag:

Heya im new to the drifting side of thsi game but ive beaten it multiple times and well im wanting to try something new...

Hey all. Just created my account. Im kind of new to gt5 drifting but im allright. I use a DOME-ZERO concept '78 for gt5. It's feels really smooth and suits my drifting style. Also it looks pretty cool especially with the new spoiler and it's very different to the usuall 350Z and silvias every else is using.

Fine, I'm not too new to drifting in gt5, but driftingwise, gt4 seems like a whole new concept for me :scared:. Don't get me wrong, I played gt4 all the time when i was younger (around 8 years old or so) and still do now, but it was only a few months ago since i was first introduced to drifting. So I need help. Very, very, badly. Suggest a good drift Setup for an RX-7 anybody :nervous:?

hey everybody! im DriftBomb12 and new to Gtplanet! although,im not new to drifting on GT4, ive been drifting on GT4 for about a year now and im pretty good. well hope to enjoy myself here,seya!

god i feel stupid asking this.. how do i open a thread? i want to make my own. im starting a car club and a thread would help alot i think. sorry but ive never used a forums site really. thanks :) have a good one!

I'm new, and I'm a pretty good drifter. I love drifting on GT4/GT5. What are some good cars that I can drift with on GT4?? I'm still working my way up, and I'd like to know what car would be worth the money.

god i feel stupid asking this.. how do i open a thread? i want to make my own. im starting a car club and a thread would help alot i think. sorry but ive never used a forums site really. thanks :) have a good one!
Under the listed threads for any topic(ie drifting) look under all the thread links and there is a button called New Thread. Click it and you create a new thread. Quite easy to do, reply if you get stuck.

Oh, just curious what would you say is the best car for drifing in GT4?

Hi my name is Duke (14 yrs old) and only drift in GT4.I'm still learning
I can somehow manage to drift the Toyota GT ONE (TS020) race car around the corner befor the tunnel in the High speed ring track on the normal direction. My car was running 1158 hp, S1 tyres and traction control on 10

Last edited:
I need some help. I've got a Viper SRT10 and it completely dominates the rest of the field. Since I'm always in front and because I want to make my experience more exciting, I thought it would be great to powerslide some of the corners. Great idea but it hasn't gone so well.

So you know I have boosted the power to 984bhp and good selection of mods from all catergories. Bare with me because I can't give you all the details at the moment but I tried backing off the traction control and changed the tyres I think to racing tyres normal.

Has anyone got any tips to get my Viper sideways?

Back