New Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League - Season I (Manny Challenge)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 450 comments
It's Jim Gibson no Danny Chandler no no no It's David Bailey. Arse I don't know mate spill the beans.

LOL, Dude it was MAGOO's memorial, :banghead: :lol:

I know I know who the one one the right is, but can't remember his name.
The guy one the left was my inspiration when I raced MX.
All time Suzuki great Rodger De Coster.

1 down 1 to go. Very good BRP,👍 I was wrong about the amount of World Championships, together there was 6 and not 4 :dunce:. But does anyone know in which way one of his WC's was so unique, it has never been duplicated by any other championship winner in any other motor sport.

Here is a little help with the other champion

picture.php

Last edited:
Bad Brad, about 50lbs heavier than the last time I saw him.:)

BINGO:tup: But can you answer the 3rd and final question as to what made one of DeCosters WC wins so Unique that it has never been duplicated?

ALSO: I vote for Arv as the winner of the current season

160706_champion_full.jpg

Last edited:
The races from my view:
(on YouTube you can watch them in HD)

Nordschleife, CCX
Part1
Part2

Glendale, S3
Part1
Part2

Riviera, MP4-12C

ALSO: I vote for Arv as the winner of the current season
You're right man, we have no choice, except if Arv doesn't get any point on the last 4 races and if anybody from us win all the races and all with best lap time. It is impossible:)

So... Congratulation Arvore! You are the man:tup:

But in Season-2 we will strike back LOL:sly:

Yesterday Shark and me made some practice on the 4 last track...
The RX7 will be fun with a lot of bumps I think,
The GT2 at Donnington is really good and enjoyable for me too, but the other 2 races, well, i don't think I'll be able to get in the top 3! The Apollo remembers me for the Pagani race at the Ring, it is so difficult to stay the car on the track if you can't find the ideal setups, and the Maserati is very funny on that track, Shark showed me his teeth on that track, I was in 3 seconds plus to his times LOL

Last edited:
Mo It seems It was me that hit you to cause your 2nd off.
Not deliberate I assure you.
But I'm sorry anyway.

A valuable lesson too all though If you go off/Knocked off don't just jump back onto the racing line, you don't know what's there already and If there Is something there It's probably doing 50mph more than you.
Remember mirror, signal, manoeuvre LOL.

Mo It seems It was me that hit you to cause your 2nd off.
Not deliberate I assure you.
But I'm sorry anyway.

A valuable lesson too all though If you go off/Knocked off don't just jump back onto the racing line, you don't know what's there already and If there Is something there It's probably doing 50mph more than you.
Remember mirror, signal, manoeuvre LOL.

No problem Add!
It was also my fault, as you said I came back to the track too early, I thought I'll have enough space there as i didn't see anyone in my mirror (perhaps because my mirror showed the gravel on the side:) ) and i knew if I get back slowly, I'll have no more chance to get a good place. It was absolutely my fault and I'm happy that I didn't push Hog out of the track with my stupid movement. Actually I think it didn't change the result, you and Arv were a rocket comparing to me!

And yes, next time I will signal of course LOL
As in the beginning of the times of automobiles, I'll put out my hand of the window in the direction I want to turn:)

No problem Add!
It was also my fault, as you said I came back to the track too early, I thought I'll have enough space there as i didn't see anyone in my mirror (perhaps because my mirror showed the gravel on the side:) ) and i knew if I get back slowly, I'll have no more chance to get a good place. It was absolutely my fault and I'm happy that I didn't push Hog out of the track with my stupid movement. Actually I think it didn't change the result, you and Arv were a rocket comparing to me!

And yes, next time I will signal of course LOL
As in the beginning of the times of automobiles, I'll put out my hand of the window in the direction I want to turn:)

lol you make me laugh mate. still join as fast as you can I just try to pick a line nobody will be on if I can.
I'm guessing your tuning S3 was set up with handling and grip In mine ?
I will post me S3 tune In the group pages of ours later.

I could not get back to grips with shifts physics in the CCX race becase I had been playing GTR EVO but it was still a good race.

As for coming back onto the racing line think your self lucky as if you do that in the RACE DEPARTMENT league more than a few times your out lol its a good idea to remember about others coming behind you a lesson I have learned the hard way meany times lol.

Jay I will PM you the races tomorow mate.

lol you make me laugh mate. still join as fast as you can I just try to pick a line nobody will be on if I can.
I'm guessing your tuning S3 was set up with handling and grip In mine ?
I will post me S3 tune In the group pages of ours later.

Lol, the problem was not in my S3 tuning I think. I've tried to tune it up by myself first time for power, as that track was full of up-hills, but then i couldn't get into corners enough fast and my tires always lost the grip with tarmac. Then I asked Shark to share his setups with me, it was much better ,with more grip. So the conclusion is: I was simply slow on that track:)

I could not get back to grips with shifts physics in the CCX race becase I had been playing GTR EVO but it was still a good race.

As for coming back onto the racing line think your self lucky as if you do that in the RACE DEPARTMENT league more than a few times your out lol its a good idea to remember about others coming behind you a lesson I have learned the hard way meany times lol.

Jay I will PM you the races tomorow mate.

Sweet mate so that's where you've been hiding lol.

My S3 tune added to tunes In the social groups.

Last edited:
I don't know how my times add up but me and jim Beam ran
1) cracked 104
2) 109-6
3) 153-6 (FIXED) :dunce:
4) 203-4
LOL.........Lefty........

Last edited:
Just a question to the Government:

We finish Season 1 this weekend, my question is about the next few weeks.
How do You plan? Do we make a break before the next Season or next week we will continue it?

I don't know how my times add up but me and jim Beam ran
1) cracked 104
2) 109-6
3) 103-6
4) 203-4
LOL.........Lefty........

Your time at Monte Grande is a bit fast I think lol

We Rock on unless people want a week off.

I vote to Rock:tup:

I'll post my Apollo setup if you guys need it, I made 2:00:xxx with it after a few practice laps (actually it was minimum 10 laps lol) But I think this time the laptimes will not make difference, the final position will depends who will make less mistakes with that monster during 10 laps...
After the practice I decided it doesn't matter which position will be mine on the starting grid, I'll let all of you go ahead, because the first corner will be a drama lol

Well after looking a Add's times
it looks like I have a clue
And now that I have read Mo's post
all I want to do is Bue Hue Hue :indiff: :scared: :boggled:
:lol:

I vote for a wk off so I can concentrate on SCC 👍

Well I hope this doesn't sound very odd :) ,but since you guys brought the lap time talk over here...

Mohamu sorry for my comment on the MC12 GT1 combo :guilty: I was being to slow and breaking to soon(to avoid crashes which I hate because of the blury effect and they screw my concentration for a couple of minutes:nervous: )and taking at least two corners a gear short than I should:tdown:

I've just did a quick 20 lap race there and managed to drop my time to a 1,48,735 and it was far from a perfect lap:grumpy: my AI (when praticing offline always use 5 contenders to pratice overtakes and alternative racing lines) oponnent did 1,47,053(I usually lap them in 20 laps:grumpy: )and fight me to the finish line for the lead:)

I found this combo so much more harder than the Apollo/R.A one because this track is very wide and there are few slow corners in it:tup: these powerfull beasts were ment to be driven fast:sly: and the over rated hbp of the MC12 in those thight hairpins and over the curbs makes him pretty unstable and tail happy:yuck: so very hard to taim:dunce:

I guess this is more your beach...👍 I'm better with stock snails:)
But as you've so well putted this race is going to be much more about avoiding mistakes and luck with those evil blue things than about raw speed:dopey:

I would also vote in a week intermezzo

Edit:
Here are my other praticing lap times

-I did the exotic us endurance race at R.A. with the Apollo and did 1,59,336(you can check it at the friends leaderboards for that event... but most of my laps were in the 2.00,xxx.

- A.L with the stock RX-7(my beach) I did 1,02,700

-Donington with the BMW GT2- 1,07,778

Does anyone intend racing a little bit tonight?:)

Shift or SCC, event tracks or not I just in for some fun:tup:

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

All about pratice man:tup: I know you can be as fast,or faster,as me in any track You put some time in:)

Wanna upgrade your times tonight? :sly:

WOW Arv!👍:bowdown:

Your times cleard the smile from my face mate:)

As usually, this time you'll beat me lol

Hey guys, don't you think Arv should get some handycap?:sly::rolleyes::mischievous::lol:

WOW Arv!

Your times cleard the smile from my face mate:)

As usually, this time you'll beat me lol

Hey guys, don't you think Arv should get some handycap?:sly::rolleyes::mischievous::lol:

LOL

I'm sure that in the end you'll do better and faster lap times than me,as usual,mate:tup:

I already have a handicap...You just don't see it...my fat *** ,err better to type "Rear End":):dopey:

hey guys thought I would show you some proper video making skills not from me off course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxd_HKdBPV8&feature=player_embedded#!

Its the 1st season of the RACE DEPARTMENT GT championship looks pritty cool.
Unfortunately I am not good enuf to roll with those guys so I am in the same championship but in a entry level championship that only uses the corvette C5R.

Arvore you get any faster you will start damaging the track or get lift off and never seen again lol.
And I saw your E mail today the rocking horse all I can say is :lol::lol::lol::lol: those things will put us out of business.

LOL I figured you would like to watch it:)

Nice praticing with Shark and Lefty tonight:tup:
Was able to improve my lap times for a few tenths in all the combos but all in the seconds I've posted before...
But I can tell you that I predict very exciting,close racing for the season finale because the boys are really rocking speccialy Shark who pulled an astonishing 1,47,203 at Monte Grande with the MC12:scared:

At A.L we were all in the same second 1,02,xx:tup:
And at Donigton there were pretty close lap times with Shark also pulling 1,07,2xx in the second race:tup:

Only the usual DC's spoiled the fun:ill:👎:drool::indiff:

Last edited:
LOL I figured you would like to watch it:)

Nice praticing with Shark and Lefty tonight:tup:
Was able to improve my lap times for a few tenths in all the combos but all in the seconds I've posted before...
But I can tell you that I predict very exciting,close racing for the season finale because the boys are really rocking speccialy Shark who pulled an astonishing 1,57,203 at Monte Grande with the MC12:scared:

At A.L we were all in the same second 1,02,xx:tup:
And at Donigton there were pretty close lap times with Shark also pulling 1,07,2xx in the second race:tup:

Only the usual DC's spoiled the fun:ill:👎:drool::indiff:

I think you wanted to write 1:46 or 1:47 for Sharks time at Monte Grande mate! If he did 1:57 I'll eat my hat lol

I think you wanted to write 1:46 or 1:47 for Sharks time at Monte Grande mate! If he did 1:57 I'll eat my hat lol

You're right man,save your hat to a more apropriate ocasion mate:)

So are we in business for tonight?👍

You're right man,save your hat to a more apropriate ocasion mate:)

So are we in business for tonight?👍

Do You mean the SCC practice? Of course! I hope I can keep my eyes open after this ***** hard day lol

I had a quick practice yesterday with ris 1st time all week.
Won't be on tonight I'm at a 21st so I'll be rat arsed.

Well fellows I am again using my phone to let anyone who might be wondering where Lefty might be? My ISP is screwing me. I dont have an internet signal. So that more then likely ends this year for me. Good luck to everyone, and Ill see yah in church ;-(

Well, this weekend was a nightmare!! Lags, slowdowns, dc, whatever you want! So sorry for everyone who felt I hitted him, it was not intentional, i can sure you

On the first race I made some mistakes on Shark, as I told you then, Sorry mate! It was my fault that You didn't won that run, but please count in the lags in our situations. I felt a lot time I can go over on you, but when you closed my line i couldn't break enough in time.

The second race was lucky for me as i could start from the pole after restart, and I had luck ( Shark had a chance to win but he went into those blue thing what were putted to the track)

At Monte Grande I was the only one who could finish the race, the other 4 drivers had dc! thats how the last comes in 1st position on the end lol
1 time I felt someone pushed my end in the chicane after the tunnel when i was in 1st position, but no problem, after tonight I'm sure it was a lag, and it didn't change anything about the ranking mate!

And the Road america race, well I tried TC12's setup and I can tell It was uncontrollable for me LOL

Congratulation ARVORE, You are the CHAMPION!

Last edited:
And thanks for everyone for this season, it was fun and I learned a lot too, I hope the Government will not stop organizing this great League!

ps: And I hope we will have new members or the old ones come back, because racing with a full grid is better fun (even if the dc have more chance when we have more participiants)

Sorry for double post, it was a mistake...

Back