New Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League - Season I (Manny Challenge)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 450 comments
Well I don’t know how I would have done if my internet connection would have been functioning but I was lucky to have made the last race and the attrition factor kicked in with DC’s behind me, for what it’s worth I got 3rd for RA. Just like practice Arv and Shark were rocket ships.

sorry guys I could not get to a playstation on Saturday as mate mate went out on the bear and dropped me in it.

But my internet is back on now and normal service is resumed.

Hey guys whats happening? I am back racing and with two arms now 👍

Hi SteveO!

It's nice to hear your fine now! I saw you yesterday on PSN and invited you but I think there is still a problem with NFS servers: you can't see invites during racing, just when you are in the menu.

The 1st season is over now and I think we have a break this weekend before we start the second one!

sorry guys I could not get to a playstation on Saturday as mate mate went out on the bear and dropped me in it.

But my internet is back on now and normal service is resumed.

Well, you missed nothing good I think, this weekend was terrible (for me) with a lot of connection and lag problems.. and with only 5 drivers..

The videos of the first 3 races will be posted during the week if you want to see what have you missed

(as I saw Jay had enough a bit of the races this time, I totally understand him. maybe because the lot of dc, maybe because we had a lot of problems with those ***** blue things on the traks' sides. I think not in every case was the driver's fault that those things putted on the middle on the track, because when we practiced with Shark we recognized an other bug: I was driving with no mistakes, far away of those blue things, but shark always saw that I went into them when he came behind me.... )

Hi SteveO!

It's nice to hear your fine now! I saw you yesterday on PSN and invited you but I think there is still a problem with NFS servers: you can't see invites during racing, just when you are in the menu.

The 1st season is over now and I think we have a break this weekend before we start the second one!

Thanks mate, sorry I did not see you're invites :(

Very very sorry for disappearing like this! I have been extremely busy with family, work etc etc you name it.

I am expecting to even more occupied the whole of june. So then I am sorry I wouldn't be joining you guys in the up coming races. However, I hope Jay, Hoggie, Miguel and the rest of the clan would keep me on as default and let me in if i do happen to be online you guys are.

And I hope you guys don't delete me from the list. It took me a lot of effort you find you guys :) and love playing and chatting with you lot!

See you in July.

The crazy weekend videos:

Autopolis "how to push out Shark" :) /sorry again mate/

Donnington "those ******* blue things.."
Part1
Part2

Monte Grande "those ******* blue things again.."
Part1
Part2

Last edited:
No problem Jav and fasty.
We will take a break this weekend (I'll probably be to tired anyway have to work saturday then I'm going shooing)
Season 2 will start next week.

And a work of warning we have a 3 strike system (3 strikes and your out) so far none have been issued.
But If the aggression persists these will be delt out.
In race 1 last weekend someone hit me up the arse on lap 4 and caused me to snake off the track.
No waiting, No sorry, No kiss my ass, No nothing.
And the blue things being scattered all over the track caused by people going to fast.
This has to stop.
If your faster than the man In front give them space.

And a work of warning we have a 3 strike system (3 strikes and your out) so far none have been issued.
But If the aggression persists these will be delt out.
In race 1 last weekend someone hit me up the arse on lap 4 and caused me to snake off the track.
No waiting, No sorry, No kiss my ass, No nothing.
And the blue things being scattered all over the track caused by people going to fast.
This has to stop.
If your faster than the man In front give them space.

Absolutely agree with what you say! Even if I made a collision with those blue things and was a bit too aggressive in the first race too with Shark!

(a video judge may can help in these case, that is an other reason I always try to record races, the perfect could be if everyone could record his race, because even if I record it I can't watch back what happened a long distance before or behind me..)

I had an interesting moment in race 3 too, but as it was an insane run because the blue things and the lags, I have no anger with this driver, but if we want to stay between the borders of rules, we need this warning system, because without it this leage will change into distruction derby after a time..
Mainly if any newbies join us and see it can happen...

Anyway, I'm not sure that every colission or mistake is the driver's foult as this ****** game has a lot of lag problems, maybe he doesn't see anything about what he coused (it happened to me several times..). we have to hold this too in our mind...

I wouldn't go to the lenths of everyone recording the races just be a bit more careful. Including me before anyone says anthing.
This wasn't aimed at you Mo, It's for all of us.

It seems to me that if a racer over drives an area and impacts the evil blue things, exploding them on to the track, and is filmed by someone behind them, the blue thing assassin could be penalized by being moved back 1 spot for littering. LOL………

OlYallerIVCameraDrHerbie.jpg

This wasn't aimed at you Mo, It's for all of us.
I know Jay, I just wrote down my opinion..

OK, Lets forgot this hall thing now, I think everyone has good skills and gentl, fair driving here, and as you said Jay, we all have to drive more carefully!

Else: Do you plan any change in the schedule of the future races? I ask it because I liked this kind of 4 shorter races form, you have more chance to get points if you get dc... just a question!

Yes a little.
Fasty has had a brain storm too.
All you guys will love season 2.

Fasty still waiting for a line up off you.

Any news on the job front?

I had an interesting moment in race 3 too, but as it was an insane run because the blue things and the lags, I have no anger with this driver, but if we want to stay between the borders of rules, we need this warning system, because without it this leage will change into distruction derby after a time..
Mainly if any newbies join us and see it can happen...

Mohamu only now I had a chance to watch your videos...been pretty busy lately:ill:

But I can see that I've hit your rear bumper and spun you in the downhill chicane :crazy:
Sorry for that but believe me when I tell you that in my perspective(don't know if lag or me driving in the cockpit view made me misjudg our distance) I never hitted you:ill:
Either way I feel you should take my winning points and Me being disqualified for careless driving:tdown:
Anyway about video assessement of one's mistakes there is a problem I don't have a camera (nor I intend on buying one) and your footage only shows your race:indiff: at Donigton (1 lap) for instance someone cutted trought the grass and rammed me off the track(I've tried watching on your review mirror but you're already to far away :) ) luckyly Jay watched but it was a mere coincidence I could easyly not have any proof:nervous:

Lag plays a huge part In most of the incidents that happen as It's been proved many times before.
I think the ping speed Is the biggest problem.

Mohamu only now I had a chance to watch your videos...been pretty busy lately:ill:

But I can see that I've hit your rear bumper and spun you in the downhill chicane :crazy:
Sorry for that but believe me when I tell you that in my perspective(don't know if lag or me driving in the cockpit view made me misjudg our distance) I never hitted you:ill:
Either way I feel you should take my winning points and Me being disqualified for careless driving:tdown:
Anyway about video assessement of one's mistakes there is a problem I don't have a camera (nor I intend on buying one) and your footage only shows your race:indiff: at Donigton (1 lap) for instance someone cutted trought the grass and rammed me off the track(I've tried watching on your review mirror but you're already to far away :) ) luckyly Jay watched but it was a mere coincidence I could easyly not have any proof:nervous:

No problem Arv:tup:
As I wrote, I was sure it was a lag, and a bit before (2 corners) too when you pushed Shark up to the wall LOL

(at donnington about your situation: I'm sure it was a lag too because the driver who made the mistake on you, told us several times to be careful, so i give him a chance and believe he was careful too 👍 and it was just a lag LOL ) You can always find out what happened on the track if you look on the actual driver's positions on the upper left side of the screen when you can't find it out on other way.. just try to look on the video again and You will find it out.

And Arv, please don't make me angry and keep your points man LOL!:sly::P :cheers:I'm not racing for points, just for the fun of racing and for the adrenalin and for the pleasure that I can drive between great racers! BTW, you can give me the half of your overall points, it wouldn't be enough to get a better position on the final ranking LOL:bowdown:

Lag plays a huge part In most of the incidents that happen as It's been proved many times before.
I think the ping speed Is the biggest problem.

I think we'll never find out what is the real problem: the Ping speed, the server, or the local internet speed of the user.. Actually I have a very slow connection (I hope it will be changed in a month to a much faster if my provider should be as dear and finally starts his service in my local area..) But once I've tried to play with Shark who has a very fast internet speed and once he had a big slowdown in their block and his upload speed was criminal, so if I buy faster internet this problem will always showen up...:(
But as I1ve seen, it is enough to get only one person in a lobby, who has problem with his connection, it kills the whole lobby....

Last edited:
No problem Arv:tup:
As I wrote, I was sure it was a lag, and a bit before (2 corners) too when you pushed Shark up to the wall LOL

Actually there I don't feel so much guilty:sly: we were having such a dog fight and there was no way our two cars would fit in those tight corners at the same time and our cars just glued and lost control...:nervous:

(
at donnington about your situation: I'm sure it was a lag too because the driver who made the mistake on you, told us several times to be careful, so i give him a chance and believe he was careful too 👍 and it was just a lag LOL ) You can always find out what happened on the track if you look on the actual driver's positions on the upper left side of the screen when you can't find it out on other way.. just try to look on the video again and You will find it out.

Yeah but you don't actually see the incident You just can see the position changes not the manouvers they involve...

But OKAY enought of this silly talk...we all made mistakes...actual racers do it all the time(take last F1 GP as an example...💡 ) in the heat of the moment it's pretty annoying but a few days latter I see it for what it's really worth...nothing.

Lets just keep the fun rolling:tup:

Hey guys whats happening? I am back racing and with two arms now 👍

Nice to see you back with both arms mate welcome back.

Very very sorry for disappearing like this! I have been extremely busy with family, work etc etc you name it.

I am expecting to even more occupied the whole of june. So then I am sorry I wouldn't be joining you guys in the up coming races. However, I hope Jay, Hoggie, Miguel and the rest of the clan would keep me on as default and let me in if i do happen to be online you guys are.

And I hope you guys don't delete me from the list. It took me a lot of effort you find you guys :) and love playing and chatting with you lot!

See you in July.

Don't worry mate we all know how hard it is with family commitments and general life it looks like I am in the same position at the moment.

Like JAY says if you have some one that is clearly faster than you it would be best for both parties if the slower car moved over as the pressure of staying in front will only lead to a mistake.

I had an Idea:idea: to try to level the field...I think our driving skills are all pretty even:tup: and the edge that has been making the diference is ,for one side luck in the racing incidents and random pole atribuition:indiff: and for other-probably the greatest one is pratice time where I feel me,Mohamu and probably Lefty have advantage on others say like Javed,Jay,SteveO, Femky and Hog and Shark maybe?

So,and this is just an idea for all of us to cook,feel free to disagree if You find it stupid or ignore it if found intrusive...

Why don't we level the pratice time?
How? By only publishing the Combos for Saturday events,say,for example Fryday 8.00 GMT- or 9 or noon or whatever hour ,or even thursday night 12.00 pm????

probably the busier drivers wouldn't feel so discouraged in joining knowing the pratice time diference wasn't so huge...probably everyone would make more mistakes thus the podium positions would change much more:tup: and the Season would be more competitive:) which I think would be better for all...
Again just thoughts in the air...don't kill me :guilty:

I had an Idea:idea: to try to level the field...I think our driving skills are all pretty even:tup: and the edge that has been making the diference is ,for one side luck in the racing incidents and random pole atribuition:indiff: and for other-probably the greatest one is pratice time where I feel me,Mohamu and probably Lefty have advantage on others say like Javed,Jay,SteveO, Femky and Hog and Shark maybe?

So,and this is just an idea for all of us to cook,feel free to disagree if You find it stupid or ignore it if found intrusive...

Not a bad idea, but first we have to know what changes does the government plans!

And on other hand, specially I only have time to make some practice on Friday, or sometimes just on Saturday afternoon.
I'm just asking about the combos because I'm an curious person, and like to make my car's paint what we're going to use for the races lol.

But if anybody vote to your idea, of course I'm in it, go ahead! (BTW, it won't help on us against YOU, rocketdriver:sly:!:))

I’m kind of the opposite in the info for the weekly combos; I actually think that the combos should be available 1-2 wks ahead. It should be as random as reaching in a hat and picking the mfg cars as well as the tracks. We always have time after the current wk’s races are over and that is a great time to practice the next week’s schedule. As far as the mod cars go, I never have as good of luck w/ them as the stock stuff, so I’m kind of biased towards the stock cars.

Another possible way to keep the racing for the point’s championship closer, there could be a handicapping trick that could be applied. In real racing the promoters apply weight penalties to slow down the rocket ships. Since we can’t do that the only thing we could do might be to take a slice to the winner’s points for that week’s slaughter if he is the dominating driver. Example, if someone leads the points by dominating, a 10 % points yield penalty could be applied, 14 points would yield 12.6. Something to think about.

I’m kind of the opposite in the info for the weekly combos; I actually think that the combos should be available 1-2 wks ahead. It should be as random as reaching in a hat and picking the mfg cars as well as the tracks. We always have time after the current wk’s races are over and that is a great time to practice the next week’s schedule. As far as the mod cars go, I never have as good of luck w/ them as the stock stuff, so I’m kind of biased towards the stock cars.

Another possible way to keep the racing for the point’s championship closer, there could be a handicapping trick that could be applied. In real racing the promoters apply weight penalties to slow down the rocket ships. Since we can’t do that the only thing we could do might be to take a slice to the winner’s points for that week’s slaughter if he is the dominating driver. Example, if someone leads the points by dominating, a 10 % points yield penalty could be applied, 14 points would yield 12.6. Something to think about.

Well Lefty ,I know that you are one of the guys ,apparently, with more time to pratice,as me, but I was thinking about the ones with less time on their hands to pratice and thus for them it would be fair to level the pratice time and the only way I see it is possible to do that is to delay the combo's announcement shorter to the racing day...
The problem you raise about the stock cars is pertinent...less time to pratice less time to tune...so probably more default setup cars races...which is something that seems to please you:sly:

About the penalties system you propose I respectfully disagree since I feel that punishing the fastest racers is somehow (despite of the fact that many racing disciplines use it...)against the racing spirit and illogical...

But,then again we can leave it all as it is...

I guess it's the Government call:sly:

Well one would have to acknowledge the fact that weight penalties exist in the real world, look at go-cart racing. Look at Speedway racing they use handicap and scratch to make it more equal for the fans. Golf and Bowling use handicapping. It’s not a perfect system but it does equalize the dominance of some drivers, look at NASCAR they even have CD (coefficient of drag) plus and minus applications for different car mfg’s. It is all done to make the competition closer.

I would race with you guys but it's hard for me to wake up early on the weekends. I like to sleep in a lot. I usually stay up late though. I donno, I wouldn't care what the rules were I'm able to hang with you guys if i could just get the right time schedule down. I tried to wake up early to play with you guys this past weekend, but I didn't make it, then ended up watching nascar.

Ok guys sorry for not being around. My life Is mental at the moment.
Update on It's way.

Season II now posted.

Last edited:
Hey Arsenal,

There's actually a thread for Season 2 in the Shift forum as well. We didn't find out about this weeks combinations, but it'll keep you up to date more!

Back