New (New) Aston Martin V8 Vantage

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 144 comments
https://global.astonmartin.com/en-gb/models/new-vantage
am6_asset_01.jpg

am6_asset_06.jpg

am6_asset_09.jpg

am6_asset_07.jpg

Not as elegant as DB10, but miles better than DB11. That begins the era of me preferring Vantage to DB again.

I was just about to post up some photos of this.

This has disappointed me, it looks like a bigger MX5. The front headlights are too small thus making the grille look ridiculous.
The rear end looks too messy and the exhausts are too small. The side profile and interior look lovely however!
It reminds me of a 1990s concept car in some ways. It's not the worst looking car ever but they could have done so much better than this.

The old Vantage looks better as does the DB11. However this still looks better than the DB10.

I think the rear and the front look amazing. The front looks like a mini Vulcan. But the headlights look so bland.

Yeah, I agree the headlights could’ve had a more distinctive shape. Also, the grille looks too large to me, and I don’t really like the look of the engine now.

Personally I, too, prefer the previous-generation V8 Vantage to this. It doesn’t look ugly at all, and I’ll reserve my complete judgment until more pics of the car in other subtler colours and silver wheels surface (other than the one with the animal poised atop it), but this new one just looks too agressive. But then I’ve always loved the direction of elegance, style, and (relative) subtlety taken by AM previously.

It’s going to take me quite some time to grow used to Aston’s new and more varied differentiation strategy for its different models. Or maybe I’ll never grow used to it. :D

Will take the DB11 over this any day.

Edit: just had a look at the car in silver. Looks better, but still not as good as the DB11.

Last edited:
Looks incredible! :drool: So sleek and compact, much better than the relatively plain looking DB11.

I was someone who didn't 'get' the DB11 until I saw one in the flesh, and in the right colour.

I spent the weekend at my BIL's, and the more I gaze at his DB11, the more beautiful angles and shapes I find. Out of the showroom, and in the right colour, it's a truly fabulous shape.

Now I've had more time to digest, I'm starting to understand the new design language for AM... and I think it modernises the brand in a way sticking spoilers/vents/wings on the classic shape really couldn't. This makes the current V8V look positively ancient.

But again, this seems a very colour sensitive shape. I saw the lime green car and immediately disliked it. Then I saw a video on YT of a red car with gloss black trim and it looked fabulous.

The interior looks like it's been lifted from a Merc GTS... which isn't a criticism!

Digging everything except the acres of mesh for the grill. Maybe needs something other than a number plate to help break up that void at the front.

I like that they've given it it's own identity over the bigger DB11. The previous one, nice as it was, did appear to be a truncated DB9.

The front looks ugly.....and the headlights makes it very generic looking. Prefer the front end of the DB11.

Edit: looks like a mix of current generation Mazda MX5 and upcoming Toyota Supra.

Last edited:
I will take it in this color please :

Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1600-01.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1600-03.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1600-06.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1600-0d.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1600-1c.jpg

https://www.netcarshow.com/aston_martin/2019-vantage/

And I want my "optional extras" installed, a Walther PPK and ejector seat... :D

Joking aside, this is actually refreshing to see new direction of Aston. It has it's own identity and much better than the bigger sister, DB11. I don't think DB11 is not pretty. It is good looking car, but in some areas it still can't match the everlasting beauty of DB9. However, Aston solved it by launching a Volante which imo makes DB11 look a bit better.

This new Vantage however have focus towards aggressive styling with it's sharper lines and leaner proportions compared to soft and subtle lines on DB11. Overall, I will prefer this over DB11 tbh. I liked how it is resembles DB10 but much better looking.

And also, this will be Aston drivers car. They even had ex-Lotus engineer to test this car, make sure the new Vantage have better control and handling. It is all because they're targeting Porsche and Ferrari with this one, especially in motorsport (We know Aston use Vantage in motorsport for years, and to use it again is make sense imo.) Here is the link to the interview for more info :
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/all-new-aston-martin-vantage

One more thing, I think the car appearence will match with strong yet elegant style of 007 personality or even Daniel Craig himself imo. As a Bond fan, I really want to see the new Vantage make it's debut on next Bond movie! :bowdown: :lol:

Only if you mean a '77 model. The previous gen was horribly bland design wise.

You sure?
config-bg.jpg

Bleh. Looks like a disaster, especially from this angle.

I meant the previous generation but yes the late 70s/early 80s models were better, although the twin supercharged 90s beast is and always will be the best Vantage.

The previous version may look a bit bland but there isn't an angle that it looks ugly. This new one has an ugly front from any angle that you look at it, I had a play on the configurator and changing the colours doesn't improve it.

As for the DB11 I wasn't sure at first but when I saw one in the flesh and sat and drove one they have grown on me. They do look good from most angles however the back end looks rushed/squashed. There's an orange one sat behind my computer as I type this.

Liking the new Vantage. Okay the front is polarising, but the rest of the car looks stunning. Really liking the influences in the styling from the DB10.

When I briefly saw the front, I knew I'd seen that mouth before somewhere...

patrickstar.jpg

But looking at the car more carefully, I really like it. Design-wise, it's clearly an evolution of the DB10 from Spectre, but more aggressive in its stance, and all the better for it. Perhaps this is what a production DB10 would've looked like had it passed the concept stage.

Cannot wait to see the GTE version.

What a fantastic looking thing! :drool: Really liking the the way this new breed of Aston is looking, super sleek but it still has the classic Aston "face".

That mesh grille is crying out for a darker colour. So much of it!

If anybody wonders - the configurator is up, so you can try any color Aston Martin and Q offers on it.
I done configurated one:

DPLXxwuWsAExk42.jpg

In general, I like it. Profile is amazing, front I suspect we'll get used to quite quickly (and its impact will be lessened by numberplates etc), and the back is really sharp. Not as keen on the interior, but I'm sure it'll feel better than it looks.

As for the configurator rendering above. There's method behind the potential madness. First, the contrasting side vent doesn't really work, so I've gone body colour. There's no carbonfibre, because it looks naff on cars like this, as do black wheels, so I went for the diamond-cut ones in the more ornate design that suits the car's shape. All the details that can be body colour are body colour, aside from the diffuser (which I couldn't grab a snap of on my phone), because the contrast looks a bit odd there, so it's black instead.

Elsewhere I tried to add just a little brightwork (the window line, the wheels, and again not pictured, the exhaust tips) because again, gloss black cheapens the vibe. Finally, the grille - the black there makes it look too much like a void on a darker paint shade like the above, so I went for a bit of contrast.

Interior also not pictured, because I couldn't do anything interesting with it that matched the exterior shade. So I went for all black, with the brushed metal highlights and a dark grey, rather than black headliner to try and lift the mood slightly. Oh, and went for the normal seats, as I'm tired of getting backache in supposedly GT cars with next to no padding and huge bolsters.

Blimey... What a beastly looking thing could potentially better my current favoruite GT machine; the Ford GT LM as being the prettiest looking GT car right now :drool:.

Last edited:
Okay, that really looks quite iffy in my opinion. Sure, the lines are great and it's aggressive as all heck, but the rear taillights really lost the Aston-Marton-ness of the older one. Also the nose bulges out way to much. Meh, I prefer the old one.

Latest Posts

Back