New (New) Aston Martin V8 Vantage

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 144 comments
That'd be a big shame if it's the case, just so much more characterful with a V12, particularly the new Twin Turbo unit in the DB11.

If I recall, AM took the same stance with the previous Vantage. The V12 variant didn't appear as a concept until late 2007, with the production model coming two years later.

So by that logic, there's the possibility of seeing a full production (twin-turbo?) V12 variant of the new Vantage perhaps around 2020/21.

That is, if AM intend to make a V12 variant at all...

I had a chance to sit in a new Vantage today and I was very, very impressed. It's definitely a huge step up from its predecessor, but I also think it's a much more special place than, say, a 911 Turbo. It's not as big inside nor does it have the practicality, but it feels a lot more special inside which is how it should be.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this new grill by Revenant Automotive is a huge improvement over the factory grill.
redesigned-aston-martin-vantage-grille-by-revenant-automotive.jpg

https://www.motor1.com/news/428117/aston-martin-vantage-grille-redesign-revenant/

now suddenly a v12 suits its character

good lord do these marketing twits gots some spin

is it manual though??

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this new grill by Revenant Automotive is a huge improvement over the factory grill.

https://www.motor1.com/news/428117/aston-martin-vantage-grille-redesign-revenant/
I gotta admit, I don't like it. The rest of the car is too stylized for a simple grille to work. I think the factory grille, being as low and wide as it is, really cements the car to the ground, especially given the weird arced profile of the car. The overall shape isn't naturally low-looking and the factory graphics help quite a bit.

V12 Vantage

1647486117894.png

1647486130150.png

1647486137585.png

You're looking at the most powerful Vantage to ever be fitted with a combustion engine, a twin-turbo 5.2-liter improving the car's power-to-weight ratio by more than 20 percent compared to the V8 model.

Producing 690 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 753 Newton-meters (555 pound-feet) of torque from 1,800 rpm, the V12 Vantage has the juicy numbers for the model's last hurrah. With 385 hp per one metric ton, the supercar tips the scales at 1,795 kilograms (3,957 pounds) after a series of weight-saving measures. Chief of which is the generous use of carbon fiber, including the front bumper, hood, front fenders, and even the side sills. At the back, the deck lid and bumper are also made from carbon fiber.

[...]

Already sold out, the Aston Martin V12 Vantage will be limited to only 333 cars and the first deliveries to customers are scheduled for the second quarter of this year.

This is actually fairly smooth and classy for a go-fast Aston. Usually they ruin everything. I actually like the wing myself as it's going to be very necessary with that engine. Plus it'll make for a sick F1 safety car lol.

I mean it’s a bit of a throwback to the concept for the original V12 Vantage, the RS I think. That car had a fixed wing.

But yeah kind of sad to see the new V12 Vantage is covered in factory rice. I hope someone out there with some money and sense will spec theirs a little more tastefully.

Also petition to make Aston Martin base their next GT3 car off of the new V12 Vantage please.

Aston do not photo well these days, they always look terrible in pictures and great in person. The Vantage grill is a good example, hated it in photos, in person looks really nice and intricate. I hope the same happens with this car, from those photos it looks so gaudy and ridiculous, hopefully looks aggressive and cooler in person.

I will say, nothing will help that wheel design, i think they look terrible.

While the larger headlights and removal of the grille surround make it look less aggressive than the current model, it does have a more traditional look that is reminiscent of older Astons.

Interestingly, it's like they went the opposite route of the second F-Type facelift, which went from vertical headlights to horizontal ones. :sly:

Yeah it definitely looks a lot more traditional.

I originally didn't like the Vantage that much. The front design looked very much like something designed in a shed. It's too simplistic a roughly cut.

The DB10 concept looked much more cohesive in its design

77OTMBZADFD2UE75KQW7XQBYEM-scaled.jpg

It looks more traditional Aston but honestly I think stretched vertical headlights are played out and are a terrible look. Technically those older Aston headlights weren’t “stretched” like the trend of the 2000s - the rear portion of the headlight was wider than the front. They were still horizontal really. Vertical stretched headlights have the trait of getting skinnier the further back they go and it’s not a keen look at all. Unfortunately these new headlights appear to do the 2000s style stretch and get thinner on top the fender, reminiscent of many unattractive cars like that first F-Type, G35, etc.

Latest Posts

Back