aston_martin-vantage-2019-1600-01-jpg.693021

_r-max-earey-am-db10-37.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1280-0d.jpg

_r-max-earey-am-db10-40.jpg
dewc0almbtopjb6f9gv7.jpg

20022016-Car-Aston-Martin-DB10_06.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage-2019-1280-1c.jpg

Last edited:
This has disappointed me, it looks like a bigger MX5.
Completely agree, first thing that sprung to mind when I saw the homepage. An MX5 isn't the first thing that should spring to mind with an Aston Martin.

I think it's the headlights, aside form that it looks good. Rear end looks fantastic.

I love the rear end. It’s got quite a mouth on it, though. Agree with TheCracker that they’ve given it its own identity though. Past Astons suffered heavily & blended together.

I love the rear end. It’s got quite a mouth on it, though. Agree with TheCracker that they’ve given it its own identity though. Past Astons suffered heavily & blended together.

It'll be intriguing to see if any future models mimic the Vantage design, or become their own thing.

I really like it. Modern and yet still very much an Aston, it has more identity than the previous V8 Vantage did. It's got 500 bhp, but then it's £120k so it's a fair bit more expensive than the outgoing model. I wish it had a manual option, but that was never going to happen.

I really like it. Modern and yet still very much an Aston, it has more identity than the previous V8 Vantage did. It's got 500 bhp, but then it's £120k so it's a fair bit more expensive than the outgoing model. I wish it had a manual option, but that was never going to happen.
I thought they said manual option would happen next year. Same that was in the v12 Vantage

I have never wanted a DayGlo yellow car more than this Aston.

Based on what I what I found out while researching the article, a 7-speed manual might be coming next year. However, I'm guessing it'll be a low number sort of thing for the handful of buyers that want one. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see it with the V12.

I think it looks OK, but I still much prefer the styling on the DB10. It's the grille I have a gripe about more than anything. The horizontal lines of the DB10 looked classy, but the Vantage mesh looks like it was supplied from a Halfords / Supercheap Auto store. Still makes it look menacing I guess.

I'm not a fan of black interiors, sorry. Absolutely not.
Nor am I, but grey, off-yellow and fluorescent yellow is arguably taking things a little too far in the opposite direction. I'd have been tempted to keep it simple with that exterior colour - the grey works, but with no contrasting colours and have dark detailing rather than the Lime Essence and Satin Silver combo.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 13.51.36.png

The configurator doesn't quite go far enough to allow the best combinations though. I'm sure with a big briefcase full of money Aston would allow some slightly more inventive but still tasteful combos, but I searched for ages for something that worked with the Ocellus Teal paintwork on my own configuration and black was the only thing that really worked. A deep teal or a very light teal would both have been ideal. The former would work as-is, and you could tone down the latter with dark details and dark stitching.

Nor am I, but grey, off-yellow and fluorescent yellow is arguably taking things a little too far in the opposite direction.
The whole reason I went with Lime Essence inserts is the way two-tone interior looks (I try to go with two-tone interiors whenever possible). It tries to look sporty rather than classy like I expected it to be. And, somehow, I found lime inserts the most fitting to the grey-beige interior of what AM allows. They also somewhat compliment the color of the car's brake calipers (which I'd actually rather have in Lime Essence than yellow)
The only other color of inserts I'd pick would be white, but in that case I'd rather go with a single color grey interior.

I dunno, it looks alright to me. Probably the only way Lime Essence inserts work at all.
Also, any secondary color that's more saturated than beige will make the interior look like something that was designed by Nike or Reebok, regardless of inserts' color. Try grey and blue (or pretty much any contrasting color combo with at least one highly saturated color), for example (well, though if you find my setup above eye-damaging, I think you should rather refrain from that).

These are going to be quite expensive if you get greedy with the options. Just heard from prospective owner... Q paint plus the carbon interior/exterior/engine bay stuff is >£175k :crazy:

BIL's DB11 is pretty highly specced, and had a list of £182k... and that has the proper AM V12, not a re-badged AMG V8.

I'm concerned less by the method and more by the irreparable damage it's done to my eyes...

:yuck::yuck::yuck:

:lol:

It's much fussier than the old car. The interior is also particularly bad. Reminds me of a Nissan or a Hyundai...not even a new Hyundai...

I dunno, it looks alright to me. Probably the only way Lime Essence inserts work at all.
Well, apart from with black, where it works well as a contrasting accent to break up the darkness.
Also, any secondary color that's more saturated than beige will make the interior look like something that was designed by Nike or Reebok, regardless of inserts' color. Try grey and blue (or pretty much any contrasting color combo with at least one highly saturated color), for example (well, though if you find my setup above eye-damaging, I think you should rather refrain from that).
All the more reason to go for a more subtle combination. Neutral shades will tend to work well together (blacks and greys, for instance) and you can play bright accents against dark colours - that Lime Essence with black for instance, or white with dark blues.

With stronger interior colours though - burgundy, tan - you ideally want to keep accents fairly subdued. @Stotty has done a good job with the dark elements in the tan cabin.

The even more difficult thing is then ensuring all that matches with the exterior shade. For a dark blue interior with white accents as mentioned just a second ago, you'd be pretty limited on exterior colour choice. White would work, and dark blue itself would work, but I'm not sure much else would. Again, the tan interior works well with the red paintwork Stotty chose, but I couldn't find a single one other than black to really work with the teal on my own configuration. And grey, off-yellow and lime really doesn't sit too nicely with the rich metallic blue you chose for exterior paintwork.

Of course, it's all personal preference, but if all else fails then imagine how those colours would work if you tried to wear them as an outfit. Blue jacket, grey shirt, off-yellow trousers, lime trainers...
These are going to be quite expensive if you get greedy with the options. Just heard from prospective owner... Q paint plus the carbon interior/exterior/engine bay stuff is >£175k :crazy:
I'd ditch all the carbon stuff anyway. Very hard to make it look classy on a car like this. Or indeed virtually anything.
The interior is also particularly bad.
It's not a great cabin design. DB11's is better, but weirdly that has the same slightly naff vents. They feel better than they look, though.

I quite liked the look of the interior in the Vanquish S I drove earlier in the year, until a photographer said the stitching looked like "Spiderman had [insert word that doesn't get starred out but is an amusing synonym for ejaculated] in it" and now I can't unsee it.

vanquish-s3-mobile.jpg

Well, apart from with black, where it works well as a contrasting accent to break up the darkness.
That combination reminds me of Razer and certain Adidas products, making it an absolute personal no-go for me.

I came to the conclusion that two-tone is a no-go for this interior if you want something subtle-looking, as the pattern will look like a Nike sneaker. anyway.

Back