New Nissan on 10th June? Reveal on 16th

• Thread starter CanaryMan
  • 1,070 comments

Will the new Nissan conform to the shape under the cover?

• Total voters
Is it too confusing when I mock you for complaining about complainers?

You need to practise your inception-fu. Two levels isn't deep enough. You need to be able to go deeper. Complain about the people complaining that there are complaints about the complaints!
Imari, are you okay? You're not serious tonight :scared:

Where did I say that?

When someone posted saying that they liked the car you responded with this,

"Funny. If this car wasn't for GT6 and was for any other game like Forza, what will you say about that?"

Which you followed up with, "If this car was in Forza "ewww they get a ugly car"

Right, I wasn't clear in the first post but I did mean road cars. I can only hope they've got a whole bunch modeled and are either saving them for PS4 or planned DLC schedule.

Yeah that would be nice. I'm not a huge racecar guy so any new road cars (except maybe more GTRs) would be welcome.

When someone posted saying that they liked the car you responded with this,

"Funny. If this car wasn't for GT6 and was for any other game like Forza, what will you say about that?"

Which you followed up with, "If this car was in Forza "ewww they get a ugly car"

Yeah that would be nice. I'm not a huge racecar guy so any new road cars (except maybe more GTRs) would be welcome.
Too late man, everyone is back on topic. Should have said it sooner. :sly:

The car really is a mix of a GT-R, a Z, a Koenigsegg, a Lexus LFA Nurburgring package, R930 and Birdo
Birdo!? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I agree!
smileyslaughing_lol_dielaughing_100-101.gif

Okay guys, leave it to the PM's. This is about the Nissan, not about who is right. Now anyone find any more news on the car, or see any more modern Nissan design cues?

Haha!! Like they have respected their previous schedules. :confused:

The only thing they missed is Zahara.
But I tell you this to make you happy because there has been no official statement.

For the rest, yes, they keep their promises.
I know it annoys you but it's the truth. Bitching is easy but when it's done, it must be said too.

People are obviously sick and tired of both Nissan (GTRs) and PD for this to blow up into a full fledged hate fest.

I don't like the look much, especially not from the angle at the ground looking up at it, the front is much too tall. But when looking down on it, it's not so bad. Too bad that's just a perspective illusion though.

But I tell you this to make you happy because there has been no official statement.

I know it annoys you but it's the truth. Bitching is easy but when it's done, it must be said too.
First time I ever saw you say that. :sly:

Because a 2020 design concept is relevant to a 2015 LMP.... :rolleyes:

Not sure if this is an attempt to keep the conversation going; a request for a more articulate initial post or some other factor that I otherwise can't put my finger on. Since I'm not being paid to post on this website I won't bother to attempt or find out any of those three.

Take a look at the rear of this other Nissan Le Mans racer and tell me it doesn't resemble the back of the 2020 in any way shape or form?

5377467921_6684511803_z.jpg

Now Nissan has announced that they will be fielding an LMP1 GT-R next year and seeing that their VGT 2020 has Nissan GT-R written pretty much all over it you've got to be able to put two and two together and see that there is every possibility that their LMP1 will have visual similarities to this VGT concept.

Now Nissan has announced that they will be fielding an LMP1 GT-R next year and seeing that their VGT 2020 has Nissan GT-R written pretty much all over it you've got to be able to put two and two together and see that there is every possibility that their LMP1 will have visual similarities to this VGT concept.

The VGT is designed by newbies at Nissan Design in London. The LMP will be designed by Nissan Competition engineers from Japan, UK and America, with some input from Nismo (according to all the press releases anyway). I can't see there really being any link, or any need for a link even, between the two. Will the LMP have a big wing, some under body aero, and circular tail-lamps... yes probably, but I think it's grasping at straws a little to link the two.

The VGT is designed by newbies at Nissan Design in London. The LMP will be designed by Nissan Competition engineers from Japan, UK and America, with some input from Nismo (according to all the press releases anyway). I can't see there really being any link, or any need for a link even, between the two. Will the LMP have a big wing, some under body aero, and circular tail-lamps... yes probably, but I think it's grasping at straws a little to link the two.
I'm almost certain I read somewhere the technical bods from Japan got involved and had some input into this vgt
Edit: apparently a group of advanced engineers at the Nissan technical centre in Atsugi, Japan.

Last edited:

Darren Cox has mentioned that they're aiming to be different at Le Mans with how their P1 will look due to the fact that the other three P1s from Audi, Porsche and Toyota all look virtually the same bar the headlights and livery. We've seen time and again that when it comes to car design engineers will find a way to make the whole system run as efficiently as possible regardless of what type of constraints they're given so I envision the look of the Nissan LMP1 to be a cross between the VGT 2020, a GT-R GT500 and the R390. If that proves to be the case you heard it here first 👍

I'm almost certain I read somewhere the technical bods from Japan got involved and had some input into this vgt
Edit: apparently a group of advanced engineers at the Nissan technical centre in Atsugi, Japan.

They had technical input, this doesn't point in anyway to the LM project though.

Darren Cox has mentioned that they're aiming to be different at Le Mans with how their P1 will look due to the fact that the other three P1s from Audi, Porsche and Toyota all look virtually the same bar the headlights and livery. We've seen time and again that when it comes to car design engineers will find a way to make the whole system run as efficiently as possible regardless of what type of constraints they're given so I envision the look of the Nissan LMP1 to be a cross between the VGT 2020, a GT-R GT500 and the R390. If that proves to be the case you heard it here first 👍

Their is a reason why most LMP look pretty similar, because the shape is defined by a combination of packaging, crash safety, technical regulations, reliability/survivability, efficiency and aerodynamics. Unless Nissan do something radical like a Front engined LMP, I honestly can't see it being that different.

I still think people are looking for a link that isn't there. In my opinion, Nissan Marketing asked Nissan Design to get some young designers to design a car for a video game, with the the brief 'what might the GT-R look like in the future', they did it, and the technical guys had a quick look to make sure they designed something that had a grounding in reality. But, I could be also be wrong on that.

Because GTPlanet is just a single entity.

There couldn't possibly be two groups of people on here, one who wants features and fixes, the other who want more content.

That would be completely insane, and would make your snarky meme not nearly as funny.
Obviously, it's not necessarily the same people "complaining" about both things. But only two groups? False dichotomy. For or against, friend or enemy. Don't mention the war! :P

They had technical input, this doesn't point in anyway to the LM project though.

Their is a reason why most LMP look pretty similar, because the shape is defined by a combination of packaging, crash safety, technical regulations, reliability/survivability, efficiency and aerodynamics. Unless Nissan do something radical like a Front engined LMP, I honestly can't see it being that different.

I still think people are looking for a link that isn't there. In my opinion, Nissan Marketing asked Nissan Design to get some young designers to design a car for a video game, with the the brief 'what might the GT-R look like in the future', they did it, and the technical guys had a quick look to make sure they designed something that had a grounding in reality. But, I could be also be wrong on that.

Well yes a race-car will no way be ever similar to a road car in terms of structure. The GT500 GT-R only had 4 parts that had any link to the actual road car iirc.

However take these two images of the current batch of every road and race going GT-R (with the LMP1 under wraps) and the 2020 Nissan VGT.

teaser-for-2015-nissan-gt-r-lm-nismo-lmp1_100467995_l.jpg

nissan-concept-2020-vision-gt-3.jpg

Yes the LMP1 looks like it may be open top and yes the VGT is a coupe but if you cross reference that with the GT-R road car, the GT3 car and the GT500 you can see that as the cars progress through the motorsport performance ladder they retain the basic look of a GT-R while getting the maximum performance possible within the regulations each car has to meet. Naturally I imagine the LMP1 to be the most extreme case of this with virtually every part of the car except the front grills/lights/rear to look nothing like the original car and if this 2020 VGT contains the design philosophy of Nissan's flagship model for the future surely Nissan's PR team will try to get the designers and engineers to incorporate some of what you see on the 2020 into the LMP1.

With all due respect, I think you are wrong. Had they have kept their promises, we would have 6 new tracks.

Latest Posts

Back