New Nissan on 10th June? Reveal on 16th

• Thread starter CanaryMan
  • 1,070 comments

Will the new Nissan conform to the shape under the cover?

• Total voters
h5dbvvvn5vzgqgu5xh2o.jpg

oscddqsrva89q7pbghqy.jpg

ahbd36dn4wowhpbkhbu7.jpg

0F9B5737-md.jpg

u7zhtmhld4lgbfp7ynri.jpg

xptogzgmu3zheyycplzm.jpg

It looks amazing

I still remember the time when R390 was unveiled back in 1997 and how everyone was stoked with its appearance as a "road car"

Sentiments are probably the same - some love it, others hate it - but then internet was not what it is today

Same feelings, different era of communication

It looks amazing

I still remember the time when R390 was unveiled back in 1997 and how everyone was stoked with its appearance as a "road car"

Sentiments are probably the same - some love it, others hate it - but then internet was not what it is today

I love and hate it. Oh also the ugliness of the back kills it :sly:

It looks amazing

Totally understand the feelings/communication quote, also this car has jet fighter looks.

No problem :)
It is a very large / wide car and very impressive. The vision GT cars are very popular with the FOS visitors. I will post more items when i get home, hotel WiFi is kind of bad :)

I saw the reveal live, here is a movie I made.
I'm in that video. Quite a lot, actually - see the idiot in the white GTPlanet cap and white #eatsleepRACErepeat shirt at the beginning crouching to take detail shots of it? Yep.

Edit: Caught you :D

t_exige_nisvgt.jpg
[youtube]
Aaand in that one too :lol:

Last edited:
I'm in that video. Quite a lot, actually - see the idiot in the white GTPlanet cap and white #eatsleepRACErepeat shirts at the beginning crouching to take detail shots of it? Yep.Aaand in that one too :lol:

Did you get some good shots?

KazunoriAMA
The Nissan 2020 Vision Gran Turismo has a different drive system where the front wheels are driven by an electric motor and the rear wheels are driven by a standard combustion engine, so it's a hybrid system. We're working on developing that system right now and we're currently working on adjusting the recovery efficiency from the electric motors so that the car can complete a full lap on the Nurburgring using both gas and electric motor power.

;)

Surprisingly, having bad mouth the Nissan VGT prior to its release, i actually prefer it over the Aston.

Design-wise, i think the Nissan team did i better job after all.

The Aston tear eyes / killer robot headlight and the rear light blade a la BMW i8, all that put over an oval aerodynamic shape is simply too close to a Hot Wheel design... (PD should really contact Mattel Hot Wheels to do some VGT )

Althought truth be told, all VGT are pretty much concept cars done and inspire the same way as Hot Wheels...

Mattel should get in touch with PD to make those little cars... lol

For me the Nissan looks more ready to be a rear super/hypercar. It looks like a Supercar GTR.
The Aston is way more futuristic like 2050 vision :) but I prefer the colors on the Aston Martin.
The Vision 2020 is in "boring" GTR grey :-)
PD are doing a good job in marketing to be honest, the amount of references and vision GT cars at the Goodwood FOS was huge.

You know, years ago I would have viewed something like this as nothing more than an ugly, stupid idea. Years have passed, and I view concepts and ideas with an open mind. I actually have Gran Turismo to thank for that. I'm a Mustang guy, make no bones about it, however, I drive OTHER makes of car more than I touch my Mustangs in GT6. Somewhere along the line I grew an appreciation for what other auto makers had to offer, especially the exotics.

With regards to the Nissan 2020, my mind didn't recieve it well at first. After seeing it from all angles, thanks to GTP members photos and site coverage, I like it. Now I haven't liked EVERYTHING that's been designed or put into production, but this car has a uniqueness that interests me and the realization that it's "purpose" built. We all see things differently, and each person that likes this Nissan, likes it for their own reasons, just as well as the people who have reasons for not liking it. The main thing we can be thankful for, is that these Vision cars have a little something for everybody's interest. Looking forward to driving this one!

Back