- 4,136

- Netherlands
I’ll try RS sometime. But I don’t think so actually, the Porsche had the engine behind the rear axle, this one before it.There definitely are cars that will pop a wheelie off the line. Are we sure this isn't one of them?
I’ll try RS sometime. But I don’t think so actually, the Porsche had the engine behind the rear axle, this one before it.There definitely are cars that will pop a wheelie off the line. Are we sure this isn't one of them?
THANK YOU. I was using too much Sensitivity ( FB Torque 5 and Sens 10 to be precise) because before update those recommended settings 4/1 or 4/2 were definately too light for me.Yeah, that pretty much turns the feedback into an on/off switch (hyperbole).
Ffb torque = how heavy you want the heaviest feedback to be. General advice is to put it to the highest setting that your wheel can handle before clipping. Example I use 5 (still some clipping but not much), and lets say my Csl Elite max force = the max force comunicated by ingame setting 5. Then if I would set ingame to 10, everything from 50-100% force/weight would be clipping (feel the same). Kinda works like a compressor.
Sens kinda work the other way round, higher setting raise the weight/feel from the small/light effects comunicated to the wheel.
10 = least dynamic
1 = most dynamic
Personally I use Sens:1 for my Csl Elite. Because I like the feedback as dynamic as possible.
Though if you use a weak wheel base, you might need to sacrifice some of the dynamics in the feedback, if you can’t feel the lower/lighter forces comunicated from the road. But imo the higher settings just makes it feel like a damper squeezing all feedback together to make everything feel the same.
Yep. Seems allot more realistic noe really kicking you in the buttI also found the F40 to be a lot less rowdy… is this more realistic?
Only played 30 mins or so but initial thoughts; the FFB is more pronounced, cars behave with more subtlety.
People saying the race cars are understeer bricks are right and wrong. I had a theory that it was the new tire model and I believe I'm right. We start with cold tyres now. Ran the Audi GT3 at Spa and the first lap felt like butt. 2nd lap the tires got up to temp and was so much faster.
I agree. I went through Licences B and A all over again to get a better feel of different cars / corners / tracks. Trail braking is pretty much useless, no weight on the front tyres. There seems to be a weird "threshold" where the car stops understeering and the front suddenly bites, propelling you towards the apex or making you cut the corner. This is really evident in Licence A (I think?) Suzuka hairpin with the NSX.I am confused by trail braking in this update. It feels like trail braking is making cars understeer? It doesn’t feel like trail braking is less effective. More like it is working opposite of what it should be doing.
Can anyone else please share their experience?
Yes you are the only adult here who can drive! It's a game, a simcade at best, if you want total realism play iracingI just bought a PS5 3/3/23 i bought ratchet and clank as my first game . I'm like yes love this. Then I was up in the air between gt7 and nfs . I got nfs and driving the cars felt like driving on ice .. so i thought gt7 $40 why not . 27 days in got more then half the cars. 96% of the races are gold .. I fell in love with the game.. played it for the first time since the patch. And I want to smash my ps .. the death of video games are updates. I remember playing world of warcraft. it came to a point that there updates caused more issues then they fix. I don't want to go to work and think about a fat stank ass joint then get home to smoke Reggie . So I don't want to think . I'm playing a race simulator meanwhile it's more like playing cruise'n' USA.. maybe cause I'm an adult and can actually drive. But not one of these cars before this patch or after this patch feel like a real car. so where's this realness at from this patch ? are do I need a $500 vr and a $700 steering wheel setup to go along with my $600 ps5. That's a used Honda that I can actually beat on and take turn with.. Not sure about anyone but ps5 and gt7 might be the end of video games for me... It's one thing to add to a game or fix what's broken . It a whole nother thing to change the whole game mid season . It's like the design team all got Yaris's with bold tires and was told to drive in the rain. Then told every car starts off like this. There not even car guys this is way we got a van instead of a Silverado.. next patch will get minivan . Truly a waste of money well looks like I'll be letting my psn run out on Sunday
these kinda posts are brought to you only by GTPlanet. All rights reservedI just bought a PS5 3/3/23 i bought ratchet and clank as my first game . I'm like yes love this. Then I was up in the air between gt7 and nfs . I got nfs and driving the cars felt like driving on ice .. so i thought gt7 $40 why not . 27 days in got more then half the cars. 96% of the races are gold .. I fell in love with the game.. played it for the first time since the patch. And I want to smash my ps .. the death of video games are updates. I remember playing world of warcraft. it came to a point that there updates caused more issues then they fix. I don't want to go to work and think about a fat stank ass joint then get home to smoke Reggie . So I don't want to think . I'm playing a race simulator meanwhile it's more like playing cruise'n' USA.. maybe cause I'm an adult and can actually drive. But not one of these cars before this patch or after this patch feel like a real car. so where's this realness at from this patch ? are do I need a $500 vr and a $700 steering wheel setup to go along with my $600 ps5. That's a used Honda that I can actually beat on and take turn with.. Not sure about anyone but ps5 and gt7 might be the end of video games for me... It's one thing to add to a game or fix what's broken . It a whole nother thing to change the whole game mid season . It's like the design team all got Yaris's with bold tires and was told to drive in the rain. Then told every car starts off like this. There not even car guys this is way we got a van instead of a Silverado.. next patch will get minivan . Truly a waste of money well looks like I'll be letting my psn run out on Sunday
Interesting. We can check this using gt7 telemetry. If anyone has a video from 1.30 we can compare.
You just can't abuse the ABS anymore for trail braking. You can still do it, but need to give about 50% brake pressure while turn in. I got gold the second try with trail braking. When entering the hairpin, right before turn in, you can load the brakes at 100% then while you turn in, lift off to about 40-50% and you can maneuver to the apex and accelerate out. It's pretty easy. The game is just more strict now with the traction circle with using ABS.I agree. I went through Licences B and A all over again to get a better feel of different cars / corners / tracks. Trail braking is pretty much useless, no weight on the front tyres. There seems to be a weird "threshold" where the car stops understeering and the front suddenly bites, propelling you towards the apex or making you cut the corner. This is really evident in Licence A (I think?) Suzuka hairpin with the NSX.
0 grip until what seems to be a certain speed, then all of a sudden the car turns, trail braking or not.
The only way I was able to beat the demonstration (as gold is still piss easy for me) was to unsettle the car by suddenly releasing the brakes, yanking the wheel and slightly tapping the handbrake, only way to make the thing turn at a decent speed.
This is what they had at launch and people complained about not wanting to deal with tuning cars, so they locked the BOP again.or petition them to remove the suspension/downforce figures etc from the BOP calculation and make it a weight/bhp thing,
This is what they had at launch and people complained about not wanting to deal with tuning cars, so they locked the BOP again.
They are still testing it, and adjustable downforce as well, in the GTWS exhibition series. Today's DTM race at Brands Hatch had the brake balance adjustment enabled.Whatever happened to being able to adjust your brake balance in sport mode? It was there for one week in Race C and then poof gone.
Just had to quote this for the hilarious hypocrisy of it. Many people here, myself included, have a lot of spirited/track IRL seat time in cars and love the new update. Tidgeny, Super GT, Kie, Igor Fraga and many other talented sim/IRL drivers think this is a huge step in the right direction. So, why is it that an "adult" such as yourself is struggling with it so much, while us "children" see how good it is and are having such a good time? I'm all for discussion and disagreement, but calling others children while acting like a child isn't going to do you any favors.Yes you are the only adult here who can drive! It's a game, a simcade at best, if you want total realism play iracing
Not the gold was the issue, beating the demo wasYou just can't abuse the ABS anymore for trail braking. You can still do it, but need to give about 50% brake pressure while turn in. I got gold the second try with trail braking. When entering the hairpin, right before turn in, you can load the brakes at 100% then while you turn in, lift off to about 40-50% and you can maneuver to the apex and accelerate out. It's pretty easy. The game is just more strict now with the traction circle with using ABS.
Oh absolutely.Same here, I'm not able to use the analog sticks unless I get cramps after... a matter of seconds. I tried on GT5 / 6 and now 7, but my body doesn't want to hear about it. As for the steering wheel, all the arguments explaining that we do not necessarily have the possibility of using / having one have already been presented a thousand times.
I tested directional pad sensibility before and after the update to be more aware of the change that were made. 1.31 -2 sensibility is more sensible than +10 before... The feeling is terrible. Cars are more teleporting than turning, awful driving experience as for watching race replays. I feel like I'm driving a hysterical fly that has fallen into coffee.
I can clearly feel that the new physics of the game are better, that's for sure, but the handling of this particular pad config is disastrous. They have to rollback on that specific one.
And I say it another time so it is clear for everyone: physics are better, the problem isn't here for me.
Bang on with all of that. I want to echo the comment on the Porsches, especially the expected behaviours of the power understeer and lift off oversteer. Both are markedly more present and are actually things you can subtly induce in the car if you want them to occur. They may be easier to drive than before but they drive far more as they are supposed to. Difficult doesn't equal a high level of simulation.Finally was able to make time to play last night and the results are overwhelmingly positive. Still have only put about two hours into things since 1.31, but here are my thoughts so far. For reference I play on a T300RS 599XX on PSVR2.
There are so many things to talk about! My T300 feels smoother and there is a ton more road feel that comes through, and most important of all... managing opposite lock IS A THING NOW!
Tires are markedly different from each other. Cars feel like they put much more weight on them, sidewalls have clear differences in pliability/flex depending on tire selection, and all this can be picked up through new communication through the wheel. Going from CS-SH-RS on a DC Integra presents stark differences in feel and the limit with which you can push into them before understeer. A race-suspended road car properly tuned on slicks provides a TON more steering weight and awesome load building as you find more and more grip that isn't present in road tires. My T300 did not need any adjustment for me from before, and the range in load from a CS to an RS is HUGE (LOTS of load on wheel when really pushing a slick for low speed grip, very light overall with a CS). The overall range and delicacy of the wheel is very much improved. When a slick is combined with stiff, well sorted suspension, there is so much communication coming through. It's amazing.
4WD cars no longer feel like RWD cars on corner exit. Before they would still oversteer on throttle even when pointed "straight", instead of it pulling you out with the fronts like in reality. Now you can play with the balance between trail-braking into a corner, loading the fronts and then exploiting all the traction available on exit with realistic on-throttle understeer/oversteer. Balance is important to avoid understeer, but it is so satisfying to finally have the ability to pull out of corners like an AWD car should. Really looking forward to tuning some oversteer into some 4WD cars.
I built my IRL RX7 in game and it was never really satisfying to drive. The same goes for a stock FD, they were WAY too unstable, super twitchy in oversteer, nearly impossible to hold opposite lock, slide at triple-digit speeds with little input etc., but now it is so much more manageable, much more planted, communicative, and more like its real life attitude. Now, you can safely push them into oversteer, find lock, hold it there with the throttle, and then power out while bleeding off steering angle and waiting for the tires to regain traction. Oversteer isn't just a time sucking, drop-throttle catch-game anymore! It's a fluid, realistic, exploitable trait now. This goes for just about any RWD car in game, and was truly one of the most broken characteristics of GT7 prior to 1.31. This is an amazing revelation in the model, and this one thing makes the whole update a win.
Porsches are much easier to drive, which leads to them being much more capable, if not a little less fun. The 930 Turbo is (broken record) much more stable, very prone to on-throttle understeer, but the rear-engine nature is still fully exploitable. The 997 GT3 is much the same, but amplified. It's a little bit of a learning curve to find my "center" with them again, but it's so much fun to do so.
I've only driven one race car so far, the GR3 SC430 at the new Nurburgring 800, and I'm having a hard time finding the same "understeer" argument many are coming up with. Firstly, the tire temps play a huge role in traction, and there is a marked grip increase when you've put some heat in them, so don't go wild or get judgy about driving a car fresh out of the pits. The cars definitely do not turn in on the brakes in the way they did before, but I don't find it in any way unusual, or hard to deal with, and they can be pushed far into their traction limits with satisfying load increases through the wheel. While I notice some extension in braking (which is also me likely being overly cautious), the car still felt very planted, capable, and exploitable. With tire-wear at 10x, it still had much left in its set of RHs at the end of the race, and despite needing to save fuel on the last lap, still beat 2nd by over 37 seconds with zero pre-race practice. It was a super fun race.
I also made some time to run the new TT with the Toyota Alphard and it was WAY more fun than I thought it would be. Got gold on lap three and had enough fun to keep on pushing for a few more laps. Got down to a 1:28.2XX, and there is still much more in that big ol' fridge. Very surprising how fun it is to drive!
All in all, I'm 100% enjoying this update. It is several orders of magnitude better than what we had before, and while still not perfect, it is so much closer to mimicking real-world car attitudes and abilities. The power-oversteer thing for me is such a huge thing, and means a lot for the tire model and driving realism. I can't wait to put more miles on everything.
I really don't understand the people saying that this "ruined" the game, complaining about too-much understeer, or the various other negative things that have been said. I know I can't speak for controller users, so some of these things might be selective, but if you have a decent wheel, there should be nothing but positives from 1.31 as far as I can see. The balance between under/over steer is definitely more delicate. You can no longer just stand on ABS and turn in like before. Trail braking is done with a progressive release of steering angle and brakes, and it still works just fine. If you have a wheel, this communication is right-there telling you exactly where you are with traction and when you've exceeded it. For some, simply slowing down and recalibrating your style may be necessary to find your balance again.
Just had to quote this for the hilarious hypocrisy of it. Many people here, myself included, have a lot of spirited/track IRL seat time in cars and love the new update. Tidgeny, Super GT, Kie, Igor Fraga and many other talented sim/IRL drivers think this is a huge step in the right direction. So, why is it that an "adult" such as yourself is struggling with it so much, while us "children" see how good it is and are having such a good time? I'm all for discussion and disagreement, but calling others children while acting like a child isn't going to do you any favors.
I'm a controller user (analog stick for steering). This update was a huge step forward for me as well. The new haptics are also helping me in understanding the limits. The biggest difference was addition of two new traction control settings below the old TC1. It has narrowed down my gap to wheel users considerably.I know I can't speak for controller users,
I've been racing with keyboard for 20 years. Less than a year ago, I bought Playstation for first time and since then have switched to analog stick for steering. I can attest to you when you say that D-pad steering is not really binary. Folks who raced me in past could never tell that I was using keyboard. Almost every racing game has implemented keyboard/D-pad perfectly. Sad to know that this update has broken D-pad steering. Hope they listen and revert this.D-Pad steering isn't as 'on-off' as it seems.
I don't know if it was just placebo but I wonder if tyre warm up takes a bit longer now, lap 2 definitely felt a lot better than lap 1 when I gave Trial Mountain a go, though I only got those two laps in before work.
Bit funny isn't it? We can see a red outline in the UI when the tires overheat but we get no indication when the tires are cold.If tire temps are a huge thing now, why can't we see what the temps are while we are racing?
Bit funny isn't it? We can see a red outline in the UI when the tires overheat but we get no indication when the tires are cold.