NEW Release GTEYE Progressive Brake Spring Mod for G25 G27

• Thread starter GTEYE
  • 126 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more and more I use this pedal mod, the more I love it. Not only it has actually improved my driving, even though I'm still reluctant in saying that it'll do the same for everybody. However, I've broke into the top 20k for all GT Academy tests without breaking a sweat. In the GT-R R33 test at the Nordschleife I even managed 6k or something.

But the spring has shined the most in a more serious sim I just got in my hands: SimBin's GTR Evolution. The pedal works wonders in this sim. In GT5 I use ABS 1, but tonight in GTR Evo I just tried driving an Extreme WTCC class car without ABS (600HP, RWD, No ABS??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my comfort zone!) on the Nordschleife and didn't even lock up once!!! Sure, part of it is the perfect force-feedback of the sim but the pedal did most of the work frankly. Its resistance becomes an immediate and subliminal sign for "Don't push it more, you're braking already. Any more brake pressure and you'll lock up". First serious ABS-less experience gone well.

It's been a month or two since I've bought the GTeye and I can't say anything besides wonders of it.

Hey there GTEYE, just wondering if you are still selling your spring?

Noticed there seemed to be none left on ebay.

Cheers.

Hey there GTEYE, just wondering if you are still selling your spring?

Noticed there seemed to be none left on ebay.

Cheers.

Hi, sure are, try searching for GTEYE it should come up.

Ah, thanks, not sure why I didn't think to search ebay. :P

I was using the link on the VirtualR site which takes me to a page by rallykr as the seller... old account I take it?

Both of the listings are the same I take it?
Any preference to which one I use? :P

*EDIT* Yep, sorry mate, didn't even take note of the AU and USD prices. Been a long day. *facepalm*
Expect an order soon. ;)

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks, not sure why I didn't think to search ebay. :P

I was using the link on the VirtualR site which takes me to a page by rallykr as the seller... old account I take it?

Both of the listings are the same I take it?
Any preference to which one I use? :P

Cheers mate.
Yep, old link on VirtualR. You should select the current listing which is best for your currency.

What??!!! why??!!!:scared::scared:
They always felt to springy (Linear i should say?) I know load cell helps with the feel but not there yet. After getting the tunnig kit and replacing them they feel better, but still room for improvement.

This is the best one!!! :D

Why? Do you think the clubsports are perfect? So, no reason to come up with V2, then?

itrcd5 you gave me a heureka moment with that TH8 RS handbrake mod. Never thought of that. I got the nixim brake mod. I didn´t bother with the clutch spring it was the brake mod I was after (having owned the original it was a safe deal) so I now have both the brake and progressive clutch spring to try on my TH8 RS. Guess I would have to clean the brake spring from a lot of goo first :P

To me the rubber make all the difference. I have not liked any pedal that hasn´t used rubber. Frex, Fanatec Clubsports and the CST pedals. It´s quite impressive how close you can get the G27 pedals to those but of course it´s not the same but it´s a clever dustproof design which I can´t say of any of the previous :)

What are you guys using to hold the pedals on the floor? I currently wedge the pedals against my TV console:

But now that I installed the GTEYE (just got it today) the pedals obviously move around a bit more! My V2 rig with no center post is in the works (see sig for sketch), but until then I need to find a way to get the pedals more stable. I'm thinking yoga mat or tool box inlay (carpet underlay) non-slip foam, but any ideas are welcome :)

P.S. As a quick first impression, I likey the spring mod! I'm in the middle of finishing the AMG challenge and did all the wet old tests gold after max 3 goes and golded the intermediate full track in 3 goes (these were the first moments with the new pedal). The brake pedal now has a nice natural feel (natural to me).

any inclination I may have had to look into NIXIM's product was destroyed by their childish representation in this thread.

Same here.
Tried my GTEYE mod for the first time today. I really like it.
Still driving with socks, and it's not uncomfortable.
Also, my pedals are not hard mounted. The carpet grippers still hold them in one spot. 👍

Have just ordered my GTEYE brake spring mod!
Thank you for the great service, received my instructions almost instantly!

I choose the GTEYE not just because of the childish behaviour shown by nixim, but because it looks to me to be the better spring! I don't want to have to sit with shoes in while I'm playing my playstation!

So Thankyou again GTEYE, look forward to getting my purchase sometime next week!

As a Nixim brake and clutch user, I must say that I play almost every day and don't need shoes. I should add that I'm very satisfied with the product as well, and received it in about 10 days. I've been driving ABS 0 and loving it ever since.

I got mine now. Surprising thing was that I got a thank you card and email with my native language :)

Before installation I put small pieces of tape between top winds of springs to prevent possible clicking sound. Installation was easy. They feel very different coming from travel based brake but it is fairly easy to learn. Also spring is hard enough. I would not be comfortable with harder spring than this. Nothing wrong gets 10/10 from me.

I've been stuck between choosing one of these, and had been Googling to find an answer. This thread popped up, and I can say after reading through this I'll be picking up the GTEYE simply because of the ludicrous "marketing techniques" of Nixim.

I feel all companies, no matter how big or small should always act professional. I can see nothing more unprofessional than a company posting in a forum where their product had not even been mentioned, just to slander the other product and try to generate sales...ON A GAME FORUM, I repeat. I'm still surprised only one or two people pulled Nixim up on it.

I was worried when I read GTEYE had posted and assumed this was going to turn into a massive cat fight type scenario but they/he handled it well, and won me over even more based on that. Both products I'm sure are better than the stock, so getting either/or, will be an improvement.

I've just decided to use GTEYE as I really don't like to be pressure sold things in the way Nixim were trying to do here, extremely unprofessional and shows fear of the GTEYE product. I'll post my thoughts on it here if I have anything to add to what other have said about the product.

Maybe one day I'll also try the Nixim to see if their product really is better as they were trying so hard to force that down our throats, but for now they've lost my sale. A sale they probably would have had simply due to the fact they offer an accelerator and clutch option as well. Ah well, too bad for them. They'd do well to get their posts deleted, I'm surprised I even came across this. It's like the head of Adidas going on the Nike store site, down rating all the shoes and commenting "Buy Adidas instead", whilst being 100% open about it. Very, very unprofessional and childish. Two thumbs down.

Just got my GTEYE spring. First tried pedals without spring with NSX at Grand Valley reverse for 20 minutes. Put spring in and first lap gained .150 without any changes to setup. Find car settles better and trail braking much easier. Worth every cent and more

Thanks

The best bang-for-the-buck mod I've done so far,hands down. My first lap I hated it,started thinking what I could sell it for.. After a few laps,I'd never go back! Great feel and control. 2 thumbs up!!

the best bang-for-the-buck mod i've done so far,hands down. My first lap i hated it,started thinking what i could sell it for.. After a few laps,i'd never go back! Great feel and control. 2 thumbs up!!

+1

Now that I have some evaluation time in my new rig (see sig) and have also started to work with iRacing (totally different subject that will have lots of info coming :D), I can truly appreciate the GTEYE spring. I have also had the opportunity to do quite a bit of driving with a load cell in CSR-E pedals, and I can say honestly that the GTEYE spring in a G27 pedal is as good :) Yes they are different, but the ability to modulate with the GTEYE is a great experience and, after a short learning curve, yields very impressive results.

I've ordered 2 more, one which is in a friends rig and another that I will use as a demonstrator (oh yeah, I haven't told you about that yet!)

I just bought a GTEYE spring but not for my pedals, thanks to member: itrcd5 I will be using it for my TH8-RS shifter which is configured as a handbrake and the progressive nature of this spring will be perfect..!

I have been using the GTEYE spring for a couple of months now. I bought it without doing any research, I simply stumbled across it on ebay. After using the buy it now on ebay one evening, I came home from work less than 24 hours later to find the spring had been personally dropped in my letterbox! Great service, my good luck I happen to live near Mr. GTEYE himself.

Also after just coming across this thread now, over 2 months later, I am glad I never bought the NIXIM mod. Very childish behaviour on NIXIM's part.

I had a load-cell guy try my rig late last week and he was amazed how good the brake feel was :) He couldn't believe that a position pedal could offer that much portioning control! Bugger even beat my MX-5 time around Okayama Short :mad: :lol:

This mod IS that good!

So I just ordered the GTEYE spring for my Thrustmaster shifter. What is involved to install it and what is the recommended approach?

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back