New round of Travian, anyone?

• Thread starter TB
  • 154 comments

TB

Space Lord
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
For those that don't know what Travian is, you can read about it here, most notably post #1.

For those of you that have played before, didn't like it and can't believe that there are people that are still playing and have nothing to contribute, don't bother posting.

Anyone else who is interested in playing, here is the important information:
  • The server is s1.travian.com
  • Preregistration will begin on Wednesday the 9th of January
  • The server will begin on Friday the 11th of January at 6am GMT +1
  • For location, choose Northwest (-,+) so we can be close to each other
If anyone has any questions, send me an PM or post it here.

If you are going to play, put a link to this thread in you sig. We want a lot of people playing from GTP again.

I'll pass this time :P

The original S1 was fun (I had 4700 population, 8 villages, pitiful army of 1000ish Imperians, 450 Imperatoris, 30 Fire Cats), but it ate up a crapload of time.

Oh, man.

The original round of S1 that GTP did was good while it lasted....

But I dunno.
It ate up so much time.
And it was so long ago (What... Two years ago!? A year and a half?). I'll be completely out of the loop. And I'll have to re-learn the game.

Have there been any major changes to the game since the original round we all played?

What the hell, I'll prereg. Get a couple sitters on to help cover the time when I'm not around. Which, admittedly, will be most of the time.

Long live the GTP/Paragon Alliance!

(Oh, and we should start using the old forums again. Since it's set-up, and we're mostly all registered.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PLAYERLIST:

-Slicks (Slicks)
-Bee (Bee)
-G.T (GTJames)
-Azuremen (?)
-TB (?)
-TopHat (?)
-'85fierogt (?)

Update - 01-18-08 - Alliance is up and running. "GTP". Playerlist formed in this post - Anyone with (?) beside their name has not indicated their ingame name in this thread yet (Please do so!)

Sure you don't want in on the fun, Sharky? For old times sake? :lol:
Have there been any major changes to the game since the original round we all played?
If you look at Max's first post he updated the changes. Pretty much the only real difference is the addition of a Hero and Oasis'.
What the hell, I'll prereg. Get a couple sitters on to help cover the time when I'm not around. Which, admittedly, will be most of the time.
Atta boy!
Oh, and we should start using the old forums again. Since it's set-up, and we're mostly all registered.)
I think we'll just use a new forum. They are easy to set up and a lot easier than making an existing one work. Depending on GTP's interest, naturally.

TB
Sure you don't want in on the fun, Sharky? For old times sake? :lol:
Yeah, I'm sure :lol:

TB
I think we'll just use a new forum.
Not sure if the GTP-R alliance forum still exists, if it does you could use that. (if only because I'm an admin and so I can ban your asses :P)

I'll talk to dbartucci a couple days before prereg - I, for some reason, still have him on MSN.

Whoah. This looks like a real time-waster. I remeber I attempted to do this a while ago, and I realized I picked the wrong server/world. :lol:

Wow. Again!?

Not for me this time - I have a job now...

Good luck. And drink Red Bull. You'll need it!

Whoah. This looks like a real time-waster.

Only if you let it be.

I'll probably have it running whenever I'm on the computer, but I'm not going to make special accomodations for it (Like the last time I played).

I really played this game too much in the past, I might consider another try if there is a complete makeover of the game...

It was like a drug... in the end you only played because you had to, no fun anymore and I was very happy after I finally quit.

They should release this game for PC or consoles with animations and graphics, 3D engine etc. I'd buy it...

They should release this game for PC or consoles with animations and graphics, 3D engine etc. I'd buy it...
As would I, that would be a great idea!

If you guys do go with a GTP alliance, want me to set up a forum for you lot to use?

Oh god Oh god Oh god... must resist.

The last time I played, this happened and I retired.

Damnit.gif

Does Fly Fortress still run the game? That guy drove me nuts.

JOIN UP!!!!

Come on, guys. It doesn't have to be as serious as the last round was.

Also, I'm at -115, 26.
I've got thirteen future farms in my immediate area.

Edit - Four Iron, Clay, and Wood. Six Crop. Niiice.

-26, 121

Guals, as usual. Slicks, its always 4 clay, iron, wood and 6 crop for your first village.

Everything is all up and running for me. :) I'm at -11, 15. Northwest.

You are going to get eaten by the hardcore guys... the central hub is always insanity. MugenSeiki and I figured this out long away, and generating your village a day late almost always results in better farmer.

Good luck though...

And Slicks, saw your bit on special accomadations I think. Same here; I'll no longer be setting alarm clocks for 4:21 am to move troops for an attack... that was madness.

What kind of time(s) do you think you'll be on Travian?
I think an opposite-schedule sitter would be advantageous, especially in the early stages to help growth.

Just getting a couple things going for tonight...

I see that the top players are already up to 36 and 37 population. I've got some catching up to do.

It's good to be back :D :D

Back