New stat page on the GT website (It isn't accurate)

Would be surprised if they count the previous entries, I guess it only counted season 24 because that’s when it was introduced. I’m surprised that it’s not going to start fresh for the actual seasons.

Yeah I figured as much. I was a bit absent during that season but if I had known... Lol oh well.
And I agree that it should've been at the start of the official season, but the folks at PD have never been the most logical anyway.

I'm looking through the drivers profiles on the pre-season leaderboards and I'm really struggling to find a pattern...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/championship/816/rankings

GumballCGT has no nominations, HellzfireEJP has none either (?!), meanwhile hendrix323 has two.

Is it arbitrary?? Do they check the top split races to see how each one of them was doing?

Edit: I'm beggining to think it has something to do with the campaign completion rate...

I double-checked the test season 24 tables and the drivers that were in the superstars race, and there is definitely a pattern in line with what McLaren said.
Hellzfire and a lot of other fast guys were inactive that season and thus didn't receive stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a quick glance at my page and surprisingly most of the stats appear to be correct (or close enough to fool my memory :P). Curiously however those that are definitely off all relate to the Gr.3 records category. The tracks that were part of the pre-season for instance all show the records I got during these races, but most certainly not my all-time PB's.

#offlinelife

53C27B11-FBEE-43B1-9338-43AD05AD66E3.png

I was thinking maybe they are fastest race laps? But even that looks completely wrong for some of them. They're definitely not updating based on qualifying over the last few days.

I find it funny people are believing 3rd party stats over stats delivered from source. It's a pretty nice addition though :) .

They aren't 3rd party stats, just 3rd party websites/apps. They are directly from the GT Sport Database.

Also, all of us who have said there are mistakes, know that for certain, and aren't just basing it off the other websites. As I said in a post, GT website says I have done only 1 race at Tsukuba, and I can tell you, ignoring any 3rd party websites, that I have done way more than 1 race at Tsukuba. There are mistakes. We aren't just 'believing different sources'.

I was thinking maybe they are fastest race laps? But even that looks completely wrong for some of them. They're definitely not updating based on qualifying over the last few days.

Was hoping they would be your fastest times that you've drove each track....they're not.

I think it's the last time you did on that track.

My 2:04,06 in the RC F Emil Frey I did at yesterdays Mount Panorama now says 2:08 something in the Viper.

I think it's the last time you did on that track.
Indeed, that's also what I thought. 👍

EDIT: But after a quick check, it's not.
As a proof you can see on my profile that my best time at Brands Hatchs in GR4 is a 1.29.166 and date is 09.05.2018.
And to compare, here is a livestream of that day. You can see at the beginning of the video that my best lap was actually 1.28.872...

EDIT 2: I just double checked and yeah, I confirm that 1.29.166 is actually my very last best lap that I've done on that track in Gr.4. Proof at 45mn55 of the video.

So I confirm that the 'course records' tab only shows the last best lap that you hit on a track, not your overall best lap. 👍

Last edited:
Indeed, that's also what I thought. 👍

EDIT: But after a quick check, it's not.
As a proof you can see on my profile that my best time at Brands Hatchs in GR4 is a 1.29.166 and date is 09.05.2018.
And to compare, here is a livestream of that day. You can see at the beginning of the video that my best lap was actually 1.28.872...

EDIT 2: I just double checked and yeah, I confirm that 1.29.166 is actually my very last best lap that I've done on that track in Gr.4. Proof at 45mn55 of the video.

So I confirm that the 'course records' tab only shows the last best lap that you hit on a track, not your overall best lap. 👍

It can't be your best times...there is no way on earth that I could beat your Monza Gr3 Mustang time by 3 seconds.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/3734813/history/courseRecords

It can't be your best times...there is no way on earth that I could beat your Monza Gr3 Mustang time by 3 seconds.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/3734813/history/courseRecords
This is my best time of my latest session on that track. Maybe that I've just done only 1 lap and had to serve a penalty for cutting or a little crash, I don't remember. That could explain that slow lap time.
Cause according to Jason Guernsey website, I know I'm quicker.
The difference is that Jason's website records only our best laps overall on each track and Gran Turismo website only records our best lap of our LAST hotlap session.

IMG_20180605_222949.jpg

Last edited:
This is my best time of my latest session on that track. Maybe that I've just done only 1 lap and had to serve a penalty for cutting or a little crash, I don't remember. That could explain that slow lap time.
Cause according to Jason Guernsey website, I now I'm quicker.
The difference is that Jason's website records only our best laps overall on each track and Gran Turismo website only records our best lap of our LAST hotlap session.

View attachment 741380
That's more like it from you.

I've tried a few times to sign up to Jason's site....it just hangs on registration.

Was hoping I wouldn't have to with this new info from the GT website but alas....

....Will have to continue with the quill and ink on parchment!

I find it funny people are believing 3rd party stats over stats delivered from source. It's a pretty nice addition though :) .
The trouble is the stats in Sporting History from the source don't add up from one page to the next. Driver stats and course stats should add up to the same totals (ie. total races, total wins and total poles) but in my case they're way off.

I know from memory I have done more that one race at the kyoto combined race. The game however says I've never completed a race there... I don't need a third party app to tell me that is incorrect.

You say it isn't accurate, however my Viper GT3 lap last Saturday on Maggiore was saved as the fastest I'd done in a Group 3 car. I also found that Suzuka is my best track with 11 wins, 14 pole positions and a total of 31 top five finishes (including wins) out of 37 races. No other track comes close to those statistics, not even Interlagos where I've had 7 wins from 38 starts and a total of 25 top five finishes. Maggiore GP is third best with 6 wins out of 23 races, and a total of 18 top five finishes.

Records are updated pretty fast , i just made a record , went ti race , checked profile before race and the record was there already

It´s funny only for those that remain in ignorance...

As those who are believing on 3dr party information about GTS, use those for a long time.. and they know what they are getting and it´s usually very accurate...

And we ´re talking about some who tracks ever single information of data regarding their own positions and marks on the tracks.. on a daily base and sometimes after each race... so.. we know very well what we are talking about... and who´s giving and collecting the correct information....

Lots of track records are missing or incorrect... (I have more than 300 races on Sport mode)

Last edited:
It´s funny only for those that remain in ignorance...

I've already been replied to and conceded. Thanks.

But data is data. they're doing some funky filtering or something, they won't have less accurate data than kudos prime, they hold it all. Regardless of whatever garbage they're displaying.

It's not the last best time on the official site. I've noticed that I improved my time on the same day but my best time is stuck at the best one from an earlier session. It's just something they need to fix.

Back