New stat page on the GT website (It isn't accurate)

Do disconnects not count as races? The website has me at 548, but both KP and I believe in game have me at 515. I don't believe I have disconnected/rage quit from 33 races, that is a large difference.

It's not all that different from 154 in 3000. PD might count the times you've entered matchmaking, including the disconnects before you even get in the lobby. At least that's what it did for the count for my Sarthe races. One race I was disconnected during the race, another while waiting for other players to join. It counted both.

Odd that you're missing races while the total is already over?

It gave me an extra 2 wins, and one more pole. Woo hoo!

I think it must be counting the disconnects and quits as the number of races is over 100 more than listed on Kudos. Even that sounds off. I've probably quit a dozen times and perhaps gotten booted twice that amount.

My guess would be that the star player is related to the stars at the end of the race. Ie if you get pole, fastest lap and the win, all three stars you get a nomination but only in an fia race?

Maybe what gains you DRS in the future?

Its a Top 24 race participation counter right now - except it only counted Test Season 24.

I would guess (basing on what I heard at the World Tour) after getting a fixed amount of nominations, the ability to apply to be a Star Player opens up for you. I will now confirm that yes, Star Players will be granted DR: S and the plan is to have your real name displayed rather than PSN if you are a Star Player.

I am glad this has finally come as I was manually tracking some of this by track /Group in Excel.

It is odd as some times are correct and some are not. Doesn't seem to matter if last year, this week or whenever. One course Mount Panorama last night I loaded my ghost so I remember that time and what is listed is off by 2 seconds from what I set a month ago, plus last night reduced it another 1/2 second. Though some are accurate as of last week so don't understand. In a quick look about 2/3 are correct.
I assume a work in progress but a nice have and will eventually stop manually tracking my best Qualifying and Race Lap Time etc.

Overall happy this is coming along and hopefully they can add some of this data to the Official Phone App.

Its a Top 24 race participation counter right now - except it only counted Test Season 24.

I would guess (basing on what I heard at the World Tour) after getting a fixed amount of nominations, the ability to apply to be a Star Player opens up for you. I will now confirm that yes, Star Players will be granted DR: S and the plan is to have your real name displayed rather than PSN if you are a Star Player.

So I guessed something right!

Makes sense I guess, not sure I like the real name thing from a privacy thing but think I’m safe! I guess they would pick live event players from the star players maybe?

So I guessed something right!

Makes sense I guess, not sure I like the real name thing from a privacy thing but think I’m safe! I guess they would pick live event players from the star players maybe?

If you want to challenge for/win an FIA title you kinda forfeit the right to being anonymous :lol:

If esports wants to get mainstream acceptance it needs to be using real names, nicknames almost always sound terrible live.

If you want to challenge for/win an FIA title you kinda forfeit the right to being anonymous :lol:

If esports wants to get mainstream acceptance it needs to be using real names, nicknames almost always sound terrible live.

I feel safe that I will remain anonymous :lol:

Yeah I agree, but not sure I agree this should be public on PSN. Live events then yes as some user names are not really pronounceable!

I feel safe that I will remain anonymous :lol:

Yeah I agree, but not sure I agree this should be public on PSN. Live events then yes as some user names are not really pronounceable!

I mean, very likely these online FIA races get live streamed too, meaning that some players having real names showing should go a long way for making those broadcasts better.

Not only that, the transition to live events is easier, at the World Tour we were going round asking each other our PSN names so we knew who everyone was :P If the Real names get displayed in the first place you skip that problem, this goes for the live stream viewers too.

I mean, very likely these online FIA races get live streamed too, meaning that some players having real names showing should go a long way for making those broadcasts better.

Not only that, the transition to live events is easier, at the World Tour we were going round asking each other our PSN names so we knew who everyone was :P If the Real names get displayed in the first place you skip that problem, this goes for the live stream viewers too.

Were there any cases that when you found out someones PSN, that you thought 'oh you hit me off at [Insert Track Here] the other week'

Were there any cases that when you found out someones PSN, that you thought 'oh you hit me off at [Insert Track Here] the other week'

Yes. :lol:

I could take getting killed in the Semi-finals without losing composure, so an incident that happened a couple weeks prior definitely wasn't an issue :)

Yeah I can see the benefit, it does make sense. Prefer the privacy but not gonna worry about it, only gonna be a few like yourself with this status.

Yeah I can see the benefit, it does make sense. Prefer the privacy but not gonna worry about it, only gonna be a few like yourself with this status.

From playing iRacing, to my YouTube channel, to the World Tour, my real name isn't exactly hard to find anymore :P It doesn't bother me at all :D

These records seem far from reality in my case and contradictory. In my Driver Stats on the Gran Turismo website (and both the other sites) I have 33 wins from 62 races, which is spot on, but if I change to the Course Stats page on the Gran Turismo website I only have 24 wins from 47 races. I've even had 3 races and 1 win on a track I know I've never raced on :odd:.

Based on the comments here, it seems many people have stars that range from being slightly off to dramatically off.

This is disappointing and I was very excited about this feature when I saw it. I hope it may be corrected because it is a powerful feature but it is useless with incorrect data.

So exciting. At least PD are consistent: bring out an unfinished product and upgrade regularly.

Love it.

Wild speculation incoming

I believe @mthomas_95 said Dr S is coming back with a twist, right? The new Dr A+ was introduced with the "star player system ". There are star player nominations now.

Maybe once a driver is nominated enough, their Dr A+ will level up to Dr S?

I wonder, if true, how that would affect matchmaking for Dr A and B. Would we stbe forced to race with the top drivers?

I believe @mthomas_95 said Dr S is coming back with a twist, right? The new Dr A+ was introduced with the "star player system ". There are star player nominations now.

I wonder, if true, how that would affect matchmaking for Dr A and B. Would we stbe forced to race with the top drivers?
Yes DR S drivers would still race A and B drivers. Unfortunately there's no way to avoid this. If they didn't let S drivers race A and B drivers the top split races would often only have 4 or 5 cars in them.

You seem to be a bit confused on how the matchmaking works, the letter next to your name means nothing. If you are in the the Top 20 drivers between 90 and 99 SR signing up for a particular timeslot DR figure wise, you will always be placed into the top split, there's no way to avoid that, unless you seriously expect A+ players to be happy racing on a 3 man grid.

Ahh I see. Thank you for finally clearing that up for us sir.
So will it only be counting superstar entries from test season 24 onwards or will they eventually factor in past seasons? God I hope it's the latter... Otherwise it's a fresh start for me lol

Ahh I see. Thank you for finally clearing that up for us sir.
So will it only be counting superstar entries from test season 24 onwards or will they eventually factor in past seasons? God I hope it's the latter... Otherwise it's a fresh start for me lol

Would be surprised if they count the previous entries, I guess it only counted season 24 because that’s when it was introduced. I’m surprised that it’s not going to start fresh for the actual seasons.

K32
What does that mean? Did you get one for winning a test series?

I wonder if Famine has been clean or dirty, hmm... Is our administrator here a clean player?

:lol::lol::lol:

In my experience, he's clean and quick, he should have above average stats.

There looks like there's a problem with my stats as there's no info to show.

Maybe it'll be updated later.

I'm looking through the drivers profiles on the pre-season leaderboards and I'm really struggling to find a pattern...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/championship/816/rankings

GumballCGT has no nominations, HellzfireEJP has none either (?!), meanwhile hendrix323 has two.

Is it arbitrary?? Do they check the top split races to see how each one of them was doing?

Edit: I'm beggining to think it has something to do with the campaign completion rate...

Last edited:
I'm looking through the drivers profiles on the pre-season leaderboards and I'm really struggling to find a pattern...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/championship/816/rankings

GumballCGT has no nominations, HellzfireEJP has none either (?!), meanwhile hendrix323 has two.

Is it arbitrary?? Do they check the top split races to see how each one of them was doing?

Edit: I'm beggining to think it has something to do with the campaign completion rate...

*sigh*

Back