New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
England
Europe
GTP_Slim
PzR Slim
Looks to have a T500 base with a couple of extra paddles. Anyone shed any light on this.

@willbuxton
Ferrari launch new playstation and PC steering wheel. Awesomeness.

f3aj.jpg

Not bad. A little bit of competition for Fanatec, which is always good for the consumers. 👍

Last edited:
Not bad?? Are you kidding? that one seems miles away from the Fanatec... design and button wise... a bit too much for console players IMO...

And it seems like a add on for the T500RS because it as its pad shifters plus the ones on the wheel...

I, for one, am loving this Fanatec/Thrustmaster arms race. This is definitely a step up in functionality over Fanatec's first F1 wheel. This does look a little more plasticky, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be low quality.

In my honest opinion that looks much more realistic than the Fanatec f1 rim we've been shown. Like I posted in the Fanatec thread real f1 rims have like 20+ buttons. And for sure on PC sims you can use 20+ buttons easily. So this gets me super excited I need more info about this!!!!! :dopey:

-- good question where did you get the photo from?!

Last edited:
Wow he is actually pumping this thing up. Yay now i can stop eyeballing that CSW and just stick with my t500rs and put on this f1 wheel. Please have this thing ready for Christmas TM 👍

Wow he is actually pumping this thing up. Yay now i can stop eyeballing that CSW and just stick with my t500rs and put on this f1 wheel. Please have this thing ready for Christmas TM 👍

Wait, you already have a T500 RS? Stop drooling over the CSW! You already have a fantastic wheel. 👍

I, however, have a "lowly" GT2. Yes, I'm a real charity case.

Weird I wonder why Thrustmaster would keep this secret then? They could at least put out a press release

Yeah I should've known better than to be swayed by Fanatec's films, etc. But I honestly thought Thrustmaster had no intention to make an f1 wheel for the t500rs let alone a realistic f1 wheel. My mind is blown. :boggled:

Still the 23rd is just right around the corner I wonder how much this baby will cost :scared:

Ha, Ha. Seems like Fanatec and Thrustmaster both have moles working for them. Maybe a Double agent.

It's the cold war over again.

Weird I wonder why Thrustmaster would keep this secret then? They could at least put out a press release

Yeah I should've known better than to be swayed by Fanatec's films, etc. But I honestly thought Thrustmaster had no intention to make an f1 wheel for the t500rs let alone a realistic f1 wheel. My mind is blown. :boggled:

Still the 23rd is just right around the corner I wonder how much this baby will cost :scared:

At least 250$

Ha, Ha. Seems like Fanatec and Thrustmaster both have moles working for them. Maybe a Double agent.

It's the cold war over again.

But this one spins much faster :D :D :D :dopey:

Mark my words, someday a sim mod crew will release CSW (or CSR-E) to T500 and T500 to CSW wheel conversion kits. The sim racing community is crazy enough to support it. I'm actually impressed by all the niche gear that exists to serve the die-hard racers.

lol Spagetti69 it sure does feel like a cold war. I hope this continues so both companies stay on their toes and keep pushing to make new products 👍

lol Spagetti69 it sure does feel like a cold war. I hope this continues so both companies stay on their toes and keep pushing to make new products 👍

... and maybe logitech will make a F1 wheel (DFGT price range) for us in the third world :guilty:

Btw, just noticed that wheel rim even appears to have little paddles that turn with the wheel I wonder what's up with that

looks very cool, but tbh i think it's a fake.

- thrustmaster has made no such announcements or even hints
- if you look at wheel, there are no PS3 buttons, directional pad, select, start etc... yet on picture it mentions F1 2011 for PS3
- seems a bit awkward to have fixed and wheel mounted paddles ... the neck of the wheel would need to be a bit longer so one could fit their fingers

if it does happen cool, maybe they will also make a Ferrari GT wheel w/ leather (which i would love to swap for current one) as i am not fussed about F1 wheels

Last edited:
Weird thing is that guy is supposed to be well known and reliable but it is indeed fishy there was no press release or anything.

Btw, just noticed that wheel rim even appears to have little paddles that turn with the wheel I wonder what's up with that

but the weird thing is, the old big paddles are still there.
Plus there's no visible screws on the wheel's face.
so..
I wonder if it has a "quick release" feature :)

I think that is a replica ferrari f1 wheel. In the background it looks like it is just in front of another wheel.
Then again doesn't thrustmaster have a license with ferrari?
Who knows, personally I think it is too detailed to be a wheel for ps3 but hopefully I am wrong!

So does the thrustmaster have the same quick release as the Fanatec?

Great Job amf7.

Nice Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes!

Hopefully Hamilton can take it this weekend!!!

So does the thrustmaster have the same quick release as the Fanatec?

Great Job amf7.

Nice Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes!

Hopefully Hamilton can take it this weekend!!!

Can we now increase the speculation a bit... :D

Will there be another wheel rim(s) lineup for T500 ?

Back