New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
Jealousy over fanatec CSW wheel....gone. Also, Will Buxton breaking the news, awesome.

Looks like my T500RS is getting a new wheel rim.

Who is Will Buxton?
Will Thomas hire him?

Find out tomorrow.....
Same Bat time......
Same Bat channel.....

looks very cool, but tbh i think it's a fake.

- thrustmaster has made no such announcements or even hints
- if you look at wheel, there are no PS3 buttons, directional pad, select, start etc...

I agree this is an unlikely source, but not unheard of for stuff to be outed like this.

Didn't TM say they might do other rims when they first announced the T500?

Whilst the buttons are not obvious or in a regular pattern, they could be there...

There are two analog looking sticks, with 4 way arrows on them. Either of these could be the d-pad

There is a Start Switch

The o x ^ [] buttons could have been stickered over for the purposes of the demo.

The fixed paddles might work as well as the moving ones.

it is real........but don't know it for concept or other promotion purpose
alon_mass_ferr_monz_2011-1.jpg

This is bizarre with the CSW F1 rim out...I had thought TM had no reply...this is really great news for T500RS owners..looking forward...seems confirmed that T500RS will work with F12011. :)

The wheel rim is a bit overloaded, but looks great. But the most of it is pretty useless on the consoles anyway, plus there is no rev counter.

On the pc with the right sim it might be heaven, but otherwise it is somewhat crazy. It is also way bigger than the original. :/

Wow, I'm bound to buy one if they release it, but....

This thing will be terrifying. DO NOT EVER LET GO! :crazy:

Seriously, all those switches and paddles and the spin speed on the T500, there will be injuries. :)

So looking at that pic, is the bottom wheel the real Ferrari F1 real?

If so, how fricking close is that!

And secondly, what's behind the panel on the top wheel, screwed over where the readouts are on the bottom wheel?

The wheel rim is a bit overloaded, but looks great. But the most of it is pretty useless on the consoles anyway, plus there is no rev counter.

On the pc with the right sim it might be heaven, but otherwise it is somewhat crazy. It is also way bigger than the original. :/

Why do you think this will be useless on an F1 2011 game (even on console)? A proper f1 game should be using all these controls. I know rFactor can with ease. Never played f1 2010 but hopefully f1 2011 allows all of these functions to be bound because this is what people will expect on the PC port for sure. I was planning on getting f1 2011 on both PC/PS3

So apparently this wheel is obviously being produced by Ferrari. People should be trying to get in touch with them about this wheel rim

What do you reckon a new wheel or wheel rim?

Thrustmaster hinted several times in the past that they still hold a "Ferrari License" and that new "wheel rims" were planned. So a T500 Ferrari themed product isnt a surprise to some of us. Being an F1 wheel is a bit surprising though.

Chances are this will be available as an addon. It could also be sold as a new wheel package however that just creates more issues. Personally I think you will have to buy the T500RS and then this extra.

So apparently this wheel is obviously being produced by Ferrari. People should be trying to get in touch with them about this wheel rim

No it clearly says "Thrustmaster" on it and it is for the "T500RS" as the photo highlights.
It is a licensced product no different to other "Ferrari Wheels" they make. Ferrari is not producing it.

Then again to some its probably just more "Vapourware" :boggled:

Last edited:
Couldn't see the point in a 1030 degree wheel with a F1 rim.

Must be an add on IMHO.

Couldn't see the point in a 1030 degree wheel with a F1 rim.

Must be an add on IMHO.

The game developers decide to limit the rotation to what they want.
Nice to see that Codemasters have confirmed the T500RS works with F1 2011 and PS3 though.

Mr Latte
The game developers decide to limit the rotation to what they want.
Nice to see that Codemasters have confirmed the T500RS works with F1 2011 and PS3 though.

Oh I agree to that.
What I am saying is, if it's a fixed wheel and dedicated base it must be factory set to around 360/400 degrees maximum.

F1 wheels are designed to not have to cross hand over hand as I'm sure you are aware.

If it is a 1030 degree wheel with a fixed F1 wheel. It wouldn't really be any good for drifting or 900 degree steering.
Not saying it would be impossible to do but not the ideal wheel for it.

Basically my speculation is.

If it's a fixed wheel it would logically be around the 400 degree mark.

I am tending towards the swappable rim type though.
Same base, same degrees (1030). Software locked to 360/400 ish in F1 2011.

I am just trying to figure out if it's swappable or not.

Get me?

I'm not a fan of F1, however I'm liking this wheel considerably more than Fanatec's CSW wheel. Looks great, to be honest... perfect replica.

Mr Latte
Detachable (allows for future upgrades) :)

Ah, didn't know that. Looks Better than the Fanatec.

No Xbox means no deal though sadly.
There is always some fly in the ointment.

No worries mate, will depend on the price as an F1 wheel is pretty limited to the F1 games. However its good knowing it seems Codemasters will continue the franchise once the F1 Concorde Agreement is sorted.

Still a fake, lol?

NDEyx.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, didn't know that. Looks Better than the Fanatec.

No Xbox means no deal though sadly.
There is always some fly in the ointment.

If I had the money to buy such an expensive toy... I wouldnt be playing on console though... and this would probably be my choise...

For that kind of money you have an F1 wheel with no need to buy button boxes or use of keyboard... and with a PC you can use a D-Box.

If I had the money to buy such an expensive toy... I wouldnt be playing on console though... and this would probably be my choise...

For that kind of money you have an F1 wheel with no need to buy button boxes or use of keyboard... and with a PC you can use a D-Box.

Many consoles owners I'd assume have other expensive toys or AV setups, what makes you think just because they play consoles and like the simplisticness of them they still arent serious or quality conscious gamers?

As for D-Box
See the prices here on Vision Racers "New Website Now Inc Black VR3 & Adapters"
OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!

One day I will have my holy grail PC set up.

Just waiting for my compo claim to come in. He he.

Many consoles owners I'd assume have other expensive toys or AV setups, what makes you think just because they play consoles and like the simplisticness of them they still arent serious or quality conscious gamers?

As for D-Box
See the prices here on Vision Racers "New Website Now Inc Black VR3 & Adapters"
OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!

Dont tell me that a person that buys a 750$ wheel plus cockpit will be content to take advantage of the dodgy physics and FFB that console games provide... and the way I see it a DFGT or a T500RS (maybe with the exceptions of GT5 and probably FM4) on console dont perform all that diferent (again with the exception of the pedal set)

Cmon if I spend that kind of money on a wheel (at least 750$ with the F1 rim) I would have to buy a cockpit (more 500$) and a good PC (1000$) and the way I see it a DFGT for 80$ does pretty much the same thing... so I would have to be dead serious about sim racing and it wouldnt be another 9000$ that would put me off... of course I would have to sign the divorce papers...

Its all a matter of choises .. I spent 16000 euros (cash on site) on a new car in 2007 the mrs wreck it behond repair in 2010... so come to think of it I should have bought the D-box first... :D :D :D (might as well laugh about it now :( )

Last edited:
Trib. I am guilty of owning a GT2/CSP and G27 for consoles.

Sad but true.

One say though. When I am PC based I doubt I'll ever use a console again.

Well maybe :-/

Trib. I am guilty of owning a GT2/CSP and G27 for consoles.

Sad but true.

One say though. When I am PC based I doubt I'll ever use a console again.

Well maybe :-/

Dont be sad... I spent a lot of money on things I cant even remember... in DJ gear alone I spent over 5000 euros and I stopped Djing about 2 years ago...

Its all a matter of choises... but If I was working like I used to and earning like I used to I would buy a PC for sim racing and the best wheel money can buy and I wouldnt feel guilty about it... but the bare necessities come first...

Dont tell me that a person that buys a 750$ wheel plus cockpit will be content to take advantage of the dodgy physics and FFB that console games provide... and the way I see it a DFGT or a T500RS (maybe with the exceptions of GT5 and probably FM4) on console dont perform all that diferent (again with the exception of the pedal set)

Really?? Because my DFGT and my Turbo S are worlds apart. The Fanatec is 10 times more solid. Its simply a better build quality. That solid build quality also makes the force feedback feel quite different. Belt driven vs gear driven feels completely different.

Back