New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
That is very true if they arent included that is a huge expense

Just a wild guess but couldn't I plug the ones that came with my DFGT into it? If, IF, the plugs are all the same...I doubt it, tho.

Assume on PC, not sure but you can use any pedals that have USB. Maybe even those serial plugs with an adapter or PC that accepts it.

Anyone confirm that DFGT, G2x, and T500's can be used stand alone on PC? I am sure Fanatec CSP do.

Assume on PC, not sure but you can use any pedals that have USB. Maybe even those serial plugs with an adapter or PC that accepts it.

Anyone confirm that DFGT, G2x, and T500's can be used stand alone on PC? I am sure Fanatec CSP do.

I guess it works on pedals with USB lead but DFGT is like a pin one

Just to compared. On F1 CSW Wheel:
-How many Rotary Encoder ?
-How many Metal Switch ?
-How many D-Pad/Stick ?
-How many Buttons ?

Looks like maybe 1 rotary, which is also the clickable D-pad somehow.

No switches.

1 analog stick, the aforementioned D-pad.

11 buttons, 12 if you count the clickable d-pad.

Looks like maybe 1 rotary, which is also the clickable D-pad somehow.

No switches.

1 analog stick, the aforementioned D-pad.

11 buttons, 12 if you count the clickable d-pad.

The two thumb rotary dials or buttons also work... only the ones in the middle dont.... Im not sure about the 3 metal switches though...

Your quote makes me look like I was spitting on the TM F1 ; it's a misunderstanding. I was reacting to a comment. Even if I still think the Fanatec one is using more quality materials and craftmanship (once again, from what I've seen so far), my original point was to say that a quality open wheeler/formula sober wheel (the Fanatec Formula rim) does not look like a toy compared to a F1 wheel which already looks like a gamepad. In other words, it is not because a wheel is not a replica that it is toyish.

It was not my intention to do that with my post, so I apologize if that's how it sounded. I only quoted you out of convenience because you had mentioned anodized metal, which the TM F1 wheel might be partly made out of. ATM, most people are assuming that it's totally plastic, which makes no sense considering the current quality of the T500 RS line, and in comparison to their GT5 wheel rim. For their sake, the front face of the wheel better be all metal if they hope to charge anything over 100 bucks for it.

The only reason I even care is because we have no way of knowing if or when Fanatec will release their F1 wheel for the CSR Elite. If the TM offering ends up being good, that wont matter anymore to those who already own a T500, who obviously don't want to buy another PS3/PC only wheel, just so they can have an F1 rim.

.... If the TM offering ends up being good, that wont matter anymore to those who already own a T500, who obviously don't want to buy another PS3/PC only wheel, just so they can have an F1 rim.

Exactly, I would like to just get this rim and call it a day since I already own the wheel base. After that I just want my t8rs shifter and then my shopping should be done for the year

Exactly, I would like to just get this rim and call it a day since I already own the wheel base. After that I just want my t8rs shifter and then my shopping should be done for the year

Sounds like a plan to me. Now if only TM would team up with the Ace Combat devs to make the HOTAS Warthog usable on PS3.

The firmware description say:

"- On PlayStation®3 and PC, the Ferrari F1 racing wheel is recognized as a "T500 RS" wheel.
This is the “Normal Mode” , offering 13 action buttons + D-Pad (in this mode, the D-Pads, shifters and L3/R3 buttons are combined)"

"- On PC (only), the racing wheel can be configured in “Advanced Mode” to offer 25 action buttons + 1 D-Pad (in this mode, the 2 rotary encoders, 2 D-Pads, 4 shifters and 4 L3/R3 buttons are configured individually)"

We must to understand that all the switches, regulators and buttons in the new F1 wheel works, and none are fake using it in PC?.

"- On PlayStation®3 and PC, the Ferrari F1 racing wheel is recognized as a "T500 RS" wheel.
This is the “Normal Mode” , offering 13 action buttons + D-Pad (in this mode, the D-Pads, shifters and L3/R3 buttons are combined)"

"- On PC (only), the racing wheel can be configured in “Advanced Mode” to offer 25 action buttons + 1 D-Pad (in this mode, the 2 rotary encoders, 2 D-Pads, 4 shifters and 4 L3/R3 buttons are configured individually)"

We must to understand that all the switches, regulators and buttons in the new F1 wheel works, and none are fake using it in PC?.

No, the only rotary switches that work are the thumb rotary encoders (the black ones that vaguely resemble water valves), the rest are fake.

No, the only rotary switches that work are the thumb rotary encoders (the black ones that vaguely resemble water valves), the rest are fake.
Hummm... some fake buttons... no displays... Does anybody know what´s the sense of to pay around 150 € for a Ferrari license?.

In this point Fanatec has win the match.

Hummm... some fake buttons... no displays... Does anybody know what´s the sense of to pay around 150 € for a Ferrari license?.

In this point Fanatec has win the match.
They win the match in your opinion.... not mine :P

Nevertheless this means that this wheel has more Rotary Encoder, more Metal Switches, more D-pad & more Buttons than any wheel on the market (except homemade wheels of course ;))

And it is very expensive...

Most overpriced piece of functioning Force Feedback ever. I saw the SimRacing review of this wheel. Why anyone would spend $600 on that (with no shifters, btw) is absolutely beyond me.

This information is also in the manual for the F1 wheel, which is now up on the thrustmaster site support section. Kinda a bummer that on PS3 you lose out on 12 functions, I guess it must be a limitation of the T500RS in PS3 mode? The DFGT proves that the PS3 itself supports more functions. I wonder if a firmware update could fix that?

This information is also in the manual for the F1 wheel, which is now up on the thrustmaster site support section. Kinda a bummer that on PS3 you lose out on 12 functions, I guess it must be a limitation of the T500RS in PS3 mode? The DFGT proves that the PS3 itself supports more functions. I wonder if a firmware update could fix that?

I think that limitation is set up so that its button configuration is universal and can work with any existing game on the PS3. AFAIK, on the DFGT, the middle horn button isn't usable for any game except for Grand Turismo, because it's not a button that exists on a DS3 controller. This might mean that more functionality can be available on the PS3 for the F1 wheel if program developers for each game choose to take advantage.

Peripherals are limited to the same number of axes and buttons as a DS3 controller. It's a PS3 limitation, not the wheel's.

Coxis
Peripherals are limited to the same number of axes and buttons as a DS3 controller. It's a PS3 limitation, not the wheel's.

Incorrect. The dfgt uses more.buttons than a standard ps3 controller. To be technical, most wheel peripherals use more buttons than a ds3 counting the pedals. Also the use of 2 controllers with gt5 shows that the ps3 is capable of having a more complex controller than the ds3.
I think you are confused with microsoft.

Back