New Thrustmaster T-GT owner - quick review as former G29 user.

• Thread starter barkohba
  • 156 comments
I'm with you, I dont think it's coincidence that people complain thst the G29 was better on GT6 when it was the official licensed wheel and now it is worse on GT sport than other games when it's not. I wasn't born yesterday
Supported and licensed are two different things ;). The G29 was never the officially licensed wheel for any GT game. The last officially licensed Logitech wheel for GT games was the DFGT for GT5 Prologue and GT5.

I wonder if T-GT will also support all those features on PS5 Gran Turismo 7 or they will just release new wheel

I wonder if T-GT will also support all those features on PS5 Gran Turismo 7 or they will just release new wheel

Why should they? It was said from the very beginning that TGT will support GT Sport and future GT titles. TDFB isnt anything exciting, mind you. But im confident the TGT will be the official wheel for GT7, too.

Ooof things have changed a bit. THis is now an $800 wheel? I heard it was as low as $650 usd say in 2019 when the world was in a better place, It is now a $1,600 wheel in my country. I shudder to think whats it like in Brazil etc.

I cannot imagine Sony dumping support of this wheel in ps5/gt7... and since GT7 is pretty much based on GTS then I dont see how continued support isnt like 'flicking a switch' as MS would say.

ALSO... witness the new Logitec G923... which is just a g29/g920 mashed into one. Apparently it *should* be able to run four consoles.... ie. the ps4/5 xbox one/series x.

At least your G29 will last longer than a Thrustmaster wheel.
Maybe for you, but my T300RS GT, which has seen much more long-term endurance racing, even a non-stop 8 hour race, has lasted longer than my G29 ever did, and still works just as well as when I got it.

ALSO... witness the new Logitec G923... which is just a g29/g920 mashed into one. Apparently it *should* be able to run four consoles.... ie. the ps4/5 xbox one/series x.
No. The PS model will run on PS4 and PS5, the Xbox model will run on XB1/XSX. Unlike the old G29/G920, which had significant differences, both models of G923 look the same except the PS/XB button and the face buttons (ABXY for Xbox, Trisquacirx for PS).

There's also a new FFB processor and they've ditched the rubber block in the pedals for a progressive spring.

For me T-GT with a 13” Sparco R383 add on wheel and T3PA-PRO Made my GTS Simulator software a great experience. I hope the PS5 and GT7 will make it feel even more . The 13” Sparco has less buttons and dials but it gives a nice feel of realism.

Back