New to GTP-WRS Online? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 431 comments
Hey guys - From NZ and been playing the Gran Turismo series since the original days, and been enjoying it. Played GT5 pretty hard out when I had it, had a G27 and raced in a series for a few years back then. Now my G27 doesn't align, so it's on my kids desk to play around with, and I'm back to controller.

Loving GT Sports at the moment, and most of my racing is the 'Daily Races'. Am looking for any like minded people and potentially from my area and potential weekly races etc. I am looking at getting a G29, but with the price, going to be a bit before I can afford one.

Looking forward to contributing here where I can! Have a good one, and potentially catch you on the track!

Hey guys - From NZ and been playing the Gran Turismo series since the original days, and been enjoying it. Played GT5 pretty hard out when I had it, had a G27 and raced in a series for a few years back then. Now my G27 doesn't align, so it's on my kids desk to play around with, and I'm back to controller.

Loving GT Sports at the moment, and most of my racing is the 'Daily Races'. Am looking for any like minded people and potentially from my area and potential weekly races etc. I am looking at getting a G29, but with the price, going to be a bit before I can afford one.

Looking forward to contributing here where I can! Have a good one, and potentially catch you on the track!
Welcome, any questions just ask 👍

Good to have you.

Hi! I'm new in GTS and I want to have fun racing.
The gtp bot registered me. Now I think my next step is to race a wrs trial.
Cheers.

Welcome - I'm fairly new here myself, but has been great so far - what kind of racing do you get into?

I'm just getting familiar with the GTPlanet planet. For example I'm registered via bot. What's next step to be a rookie?

TBH, I'm not 100% sure - You have to include yourself in events, I myself are currently doing the weekly time trial as I'm in New Zealand, and for me to catch up with people on here to race would mean racing while I am working, and that doesn't work haha.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will fill you in.

TBH, I'm not 100% sure - You have to include yourself in events, I myself are currently doing the weekly time trial as I'm in New Zealand, and for me to catch up with people on here to race would mean racing while I am working, and that doesn't work haha.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will fill you in.

Thanks. I'll try some time trial.

Hey just put in my first time trial. I’ve been racing with SNAIL and ARL for a few months now. Both are a blast for anybody interested. I came here looking for the next race but it looks like the last one was run back in January and I can’t seem to find the next one. What’s the deal?

Yes, I put in my time for that already. The new member guide in the online event folder said there’s online races every Wednesday, Saturday and a special event every month but it doesn’t look like there’s been anything since January. I’m lost and confused lol.

Yes, I put in my time for that already. The new member guide in the online event folder said there’s online races every Wednesday, Saturday and a special event every month but it doesn’t look like there’s been anything since January. I’m lost and confused lol.
Attendance was way down. So they stopped having them.

Attendance was way down. So they stopped having them.

Ok I see thank you.

If anybody in here is looking for good clean racing check out SNAIL and ARL right here on Gtplanet. SNAIL is on Sundays at 930PM EST and hosts 4 lobbies. ARL is Saturday’s at 1030 EST and hosts 2 lobbies. Both are great fun and very competitive. We have a few members from the international community as well so as long as the time difference works for you feel free to join up. I am not on the BOD for either league, just a member who saw an opportunity for a plug in.

I will however continue to compete in the time trials here and get to know some of you guys as well. :cheers:

I just wish I could compete in these online events with you guys, but unfortunately being here in New Zealand means that time, is while I am working.

Would love to know of any Aussies/Kiwis that might want to make a regular night!

I recently started into the world of online racing. I did one Wednesday night with ARL and met some fine people. I was working on the last WRS time trial, but my times were so abysmal compared to what I was seeing on the thread I didn't post them. I'm presently working on my application to SNAIL and I'm looking forward to that as well.

I was working on the last WRS time trial, but my times were so abysmal compared to what I was seeing on the thread I didn't post them.

Hi mate, Please don't be offended when I say that we all have to start somewhere and improving from one event to the next is where the fun lies 👍 Don't feel you have to hide your efforts with the WRS guys as they are a great crowd and nobody there will judge you.
Also... how else will we see the improvements if you don't show your speed from the start? watch a few replays and keep pushing and before you know it! the splits you see posted by others won't look so unachievable ;) Good luck and enjoy climbing the divisions! :cheers:

Hi mate, Please don't be offended when I say that we all have to start somewhere and improving from one event to the next is where the fun lies 👍 Don't feel you have to hide your efforts with the WRS guys as they are a great crowd and nobody there will judge you.
Also... how else will we see the improvements if you don't show your speed from the start? watch a few replays and keep pushing and before you know it! the splits you see posted by others won't look so unachievable ;) Good luck and enjoy climbing the divisions! :cheers:
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll give it a go for this week. You mentioned 'replays', I would love to look at these. Where can I find them?

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll give it a go for this week. You mentioned 'replays', I would love to look at these. Where can I find them?

Hey no problem glad to see you haven't lost interest 👍 As for the replays there are numerous ways to view them..

1. You can do it directly via your PS4 by searching replays with the tag gtpwrs106 would be for last weeks but you can view all from week 1 by putting gtpwrs001 and so on... 002, 003 etc..
2. You could watch replays via youtube for example: I have a link in my sig for my GTsport video channel where I also upload my wrs events I have run and I'm sure you will find many more people with youtube channels like me 👍

Imo the best way to view is via PS4 and that way you can load the ghost and view the replays in any view and see the inputs much better ;)

Have fun mate and enjoy some great competition at all skill levels :cheers:

Hi
I joined the TT in Dec but admit not done much with that event.
I what to join the racing side , but 1st I guess I need to put some work in TT to get my position at the bottom of the rookies.. lol
See you soon on the track

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to the GT-Planet although I'm a long time member (same nick) in the german GT-Forum (GTRP.de)
and therefore a few of the "older" members (e.g. Hugo Boss) know me,
Due to decreasing interest there and to find new online-buddies I joined your community.

Greets, Andy
:cheers:
As this is the right thread for introductions:

Andy from Germany
Involved in GT-Racing since GT3 (for PS2) was released
But still learning :sly:
Nowadays w G27 (and drivehub)
No skills in Tuning (a car)
so I always look for: "No Tuning allowed" lobbies :D
Mostly ontrack during weekday evenings

C U

As this is the right thread for introductions:

Andy from Germany
Involved in GT-Racing since GT3 (for PS2) was released
But still learning :sly:
Nowadays w G27 (and drivehub)
No skills in Tuning (a car)
so I always look for: "No Tuning allowed" lobbies :D
Mostly ontrack during weekday evenings

C U
Welcome. If you have questions, just ask. It’s a great bunch of racers here.

Hi
I joined the TT in Dec but admit not done much with that event.
I what to join the racing side , but 1st I guess I need to put some work in TT to get my position at the bottom of the rookies.. lol
See you soon on the track
I started looking into online racing in Dec as well. While the TT events are good, there's not a good way of finding out where you are slowest on the track. In Jan I joined 2 racing leagues, SNAIL and ARL. Both have a variety of options. Initially I wasn't much more than a moving pylon, and a rather dangerous one at that. Since, I've gotten better at staying on the track and driving in traffic. The best part is you can tell which corner(s) you are slow in, either the pack is up your ass or pulling away from you, both are instructive. ARL also runs a Thursday Driving School that has been great for learning tracks. It's not set in stone that the school will run, but it should be happening tonight. Good luck. Have fun. I've met a good bunch of people.

I started looking into online racing in Dec as well. While the TT events are good, there's not a good way of finding out where you are slowest on the track. In Jan I joined 2 racing leagues, SNAIL and ARL. Both have a variety of options. Initially I wasn't much more than a moving pylon, and a rather dangerous one at that. Since, I've gotten better at staying on the track and driving in traffic. The best part is you can tell which corner(s) you are slow in, either the pack is up your ass or pulling away from you, both are instructive. ARL also runs a Thursday Driving School that has been great for learning tracks. It's not set in stone that the school will run, but it should be happening tonight. Good luck. Have fun. I've met a good bunch of people.
Thanks for feedback.
The problem is the time difference between UK & USA. Most active league seems to be in US which is 6+hrs difference , ie 8pm EST is 1am UK.
Right now I have 1 league that I can get into, the others I tried to join race @ midnight or later.
I have started to look @ PC2 for league action, plus I love how PC2 more a sim than GTS is.

Hi, I am not registered here but would be interested in joining if there was a series in my time zone. I am in Australia, do you know of any WRS events that I could participate in.
3pm Eastern is 3am for me!

Back