GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
United States
California
GTP_WRP001
full

New to GTP_WRS Online / 3D3 Racing?

bb068b0b84d7db3730ef53a1f3b42c7c_photo.jpg

Be sure you've completed all the necessary pre-requisites...

You're listed in the Official GTP_Registry.

You've filled out the 3D3 Racing Driver Database Entry Form.

You've accepted the invitation to the WRS Community Club on your PSN account.

Now What?

Introduce yourself in this thread.

And then register for one of our current events found in the GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events forum.

If you have any further questions review the Comprehensive Guide and visit the General Discussions Thread.

Welcome!

3D3-GT6-Racing-Logo-CMYK (1).jpg
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to join

Welcome! See this thread for instructions on running the qualifier which is step 1: GTP WRS-Online : Comprehensive Guide.

It's a little more of an investment (and lead time) versus some other online series hosted here at GTP, but long run it'll be well worth it. Once you are listed in the registry you can join all our official GTP events: time trials and/or online races. Get your qualifier completed in the next week or so and you'll be on the registry in time for the next special event:

GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

Welcome Rutter200_VR46 (Thomas)!

I added you to the Database.
The only thing that needs to be done is you sending the FR's to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B 👍
I (or any other admin) will accept them as soon as they're sent.

Last edited:
Welcome Rikson (Eric)!

You are in the database now and I or any other admin will accept your FR's on PSN ASAP.

See you on track! :gtpflag:

Hey I would like to get started with official GTP events. My PSN is the same as my GTP. I have to create another game and put the tag before my online ID?

Last edited:
Hey I would like to get started with official GTP events. My PSN is the same as my GTP. I have to create another game and put the tag before my online ID?

Yes, you need a GTP tag PSN ID. But you don't have to throw away your original PSN account. The new GTP ID can just be your secondary account and you won't need much in it... Just whatever cars we are running and sometimes we use "recommended garage" cars which don't require any purchase.

We always choose cars that are either:
  • Premium so you can buy them in the New Car Dealership
  • Standards in the current OCD so you can buy them in the OCD
  • Recommended so you don't need to buy them at all
  • Tradeable so we can gift them to drivers who don't already own them

Basically, you need to (i) create the new PSN account, (ii) level it up to 16 to unlock the qualifier special event (AMG Driving Academy Intermediate), (iii) run the qualifier and submit your time, (iv) wait to get processed and assigned a division. At that point you can join any of our time trials or online races, but to run them you need to use the GTP tag PSN account.

As far as leveling up the new account... that's quick and easy. Share a car from your main account and run a few of the seasonal events. You can level it up and get a decent amount of credits in about 30 minutes in the Lambo seasonal for example. Again, you can still keep your original account so no need to go through and rerun all the A-spec, licenses, etc. You don't need any of that to compete in our events.

It's all here: GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5

PS> You don't have to run time trials to run in our online events. They are complementary and the time put into the time trial definitely helps for the online event since they generally use the same car/track, but each is completely optional. In any week you can run both, either or none. :sly:

Last edited:
Cool. I made a new ID and thought I could copy my original ID's save game but you can't. Its alright though this is my 3rd. I just did the 600pp race car at the Nurburgring seasonal to level up. Ill be submitting my registry thing in a little while

Cool. I made a new ID and thought I could copy my original ID's save game but you can't. Its alright though this is my 3rd. I just did the 600pp race car at the Nurburgring seasonal to level up. Ill be submitting my registry thing in a little while

👍 Look forward to seeing you on track.

I'd like to welcome DeanJ and CargoRat who recently submitted their 3D3 Online Database Entryform and signed up for the Academy! :gtpflag:

I'd like to welcome DeanJ and CargoRat who recently submitted their 3D3 Online Database Entryform and signed up for the Academy! :gtpflag:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward, (to be beaten by some propper guys), to race and to see if I can learn some things, from “the top”.

Welcome GTP_gmmatthew (Matthew) and GTP_Prophet (Elijah) who recently got added to the GTP Registry and almost immediatly submitted their 3D3 Online Database Entryform! 👍

See you on track soon. :gtpflag:

@Matthew, your FR's have been accepted so you are completely ready to sign up for the Special Event 2.4 Hours Enduro and/or the Weekly Event #64.

Welcome GTP_Airsick (Dave) who recently registered for the 3D3 Driver Registry 👍 Dave's been running the time trials since week 59 (April, 2012) from what I can see in the driver profile.

Dave, your FR's have been accepted for all the lounges so you are completely ready to sign up for any of our events. See you on track. :cheers:

I'd like to welcome some of the latest 3D3 Online Database submitters.

GTP_NOXRacing (Ice), GTP_b00gee60 (Jon), GTP_Phalanx (Joe) and GTP_Kreezydoed (Koen).

Welcome and have fun here guys! :gtpflag:

Hi Guys,

Hoping to have some good clean racing. Curious to see how much I've improved since I first ran the GTP Qualifier. I suppose I should take the Benz for a spin and see if I can beat my old D3-Bronze time...

Some more joined us.
Welcome Dan (GTP_Hyper-Dan), Tom (GTP_MajikTom), Mark (GTP_bsflagace) and BJ (GTP_Outrider)! :gtpflag:

You guys are all accepted on the friendslists and ready to join whichever event you want/like.

See you on track soon!

Some more joined us.
Welcome Dan (GTP_Hyper-Dan), Tom (GTP_MajikTom), Mark (GTP_bsflagace) and BJ (GTP_Outrider)! :gtpflag:

You guys are all accepted on the friendslists and ready to join whichever event you want/like.

See you on track soon!

Welcome to the fun guys!!!!

Welcome Paul (GTP_oink)!

You are added to the Online Database and can sign up for any future events.
Only the PSN friend requests need to be accepted by one of us admins.

Welcome Paul (GTP_oink)!

Only the PSN friend requests need to be accepted by one of us admins.

I accepted the friend requests from GTP_oink using all the lounge accounts so Paul is set. 👍

Also...

Welcome Josh (GTP_AnalogDad)!

I initiated the PSN friend requests from all three lounge accounts and all you have to do is accept those and you are set.

Welcome Anders (GTP_UnshavenYapp)!

Only the PSN friend requests need to be accepted by one of us admins. Then you're completely set up ready to go.

Hi, i'm Dries (from Vlaanderen) i'm quite new to GTP, just made my GTP account. When all the competetors go for no contact racing, i'm a very big fan of clean driving!

Now i've just got to wait till i get my division quali approved.

Hope to see y'all soon on the track. (like the real-life tracks the most)

Hi, i'm Dries (from Vlaanderen) i'm quite new to GTP, just made my GTP account. When all the competetors go for no contact racing, i'm a very big fan of clean driving!

Now i've just got to wait till i get my division quali approved.

Hope to see y'all soon on the track. (like the real-life tracks the most)

Welcome Dries. You are all set to register and participate in our online events. So feel free to take part by visiting the individual event thread and signing up!

We're running Rome Reverse this week and probably Cape Ring South next week (we normally follow the offline TT with an online version the following week) so you may have to wait a couple weeks for a World Circuit (also my favorite).

The WRS rotates through all the tracks and we try to mix up car types (road vs race), drive train, tires, track types, etc. However, our monthly special events are almost always on real world circuits with race cars. We just ran the latest yesterday at Fuji and the next one will be announced at the end of the week and scheduled toward the end of February.

Back