New to PC2

Tried Formula cars for the very first time in my life. Never been into it, and really never before drove any Formula car in any game, except may be vintage Formula in Mafia game. Expected the worse, because also heard that this class generally hard to drive with controller, but it turned out opposite. Strangely Formula Renault and Formula Rookie was locked, after I have completed the whole GT line. Debut. in Formula A, was quite successful, except, that my pit crew hasn't changed tiers on pit and I have had to restart the race. Turning angle in those cars very insane, liked this very much.

Generally wasn't impressed and it hasn't changed my life either, still think touring cars are the best. Anyway will try to make it to Indy 500 race, and see it all, or what game will allow me to see:).

Last edited:
Tried Formula cars for the very first time in my life. Never been into it, and really never before drove any Formula car in any game, except may be vintage Formula in Mafia game. Expected the worse, because also heard that this class generally hard to drive with controller, but it turned out opposite. Strangely Formula Renault and Formula Rookie was locked, after I have completed the whole GT line. Debut. in Formula A, was quite successful, except, that my pit crew haven't changed tiers on pit and I have had to restart the race. Turning angle in those cars very insane, liked this very much.

Generally wasn't impressed and it hasn't changed my life either, still think touring cars are the best. Anyway will try to make it to Indy 500 race, and see it all, or what game will allow me to see:).

Last game I played for Formula cars was F1 2001, remember it because of the yellow shark face EJ11. Never been my favorite class to play with.

Last edited:
But still, why my career looks like this? How now I'm suppose to unlock those events?

6CPrEd6.jpg

Ok, if someone wonders how it works, I did found it. No matter, after the last race in tire one, which one you choose, but it will locks you in tier of your choice. And early and next tires in every discipline will only unlock after you will complete the whole way again. As if you, after completing WEC will choose Clio cup for example, it will locks you out from everything except the whole tire 5 and Group A races until you finish Touring Car International in tier 1. Silly stuff.

Ok, if someone wonders how it works, I did found it. No matter, after the last race in tire one, which one you choose, but it will locks you in tier of your choice. And early and next tires in every discipline will only unlock after you will complete the whole way again. As if you, after completing WEC will choose Clio cup for example, it will locks you out from everything except the whole tire 5 and Group A races until you finish Touring Car International in tier 1. Silly stuff.

I never saw your first post on this one. After finishing a season you can move up or down one tier, or do another in the same tier. So you can go back to do one you missed(I did that for Formula Rookie), but you can't skip around and have to waste the time to at least do a short season with minimum length races if you want to move more than one tier. One of the really annoying things for me is you can't do all the regional rounds of one car and then do the "world" championship, so if you want to race the different tracks you have to do another whole season and the major championship again each time. I don't know if it ever fully locks things out, but moving around takes a lot of time. I believe I've read that you can move back to the first tier after completing the highest, but then you won't be able to go back and will basically be starting over. Meaning if you want to do more than one discipline you really have to do all of one tier and then move on. Part of why I've been playing forever and still only half-way through. The other part is custom endurance races. :)

I can sort of see the logic for doing it this way, it makes sense if you think about it for 5 seconds... but if you think for a minute it doesn't make any sense since there isn't really an even progression through the tiers across different disciplines, it's just a bit of this and a bit of that. And also the fact that if you've been doing this for 700 hours you might just want to do whatever you please. That could be easily solved by using custom championships... but we can't have nice things I guess.

Back