New to Project Cars - some questions

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 69 comments
In your case switching to PC would also enable you to play ACC with your T500 wheel, something to consider when you ponder your investiment options, namely PS5 or PC.
Well the T500 is stated as no compatible with PS5.

Thrustmaster wheels compatibles with "next gen" are T150, T300 ,T-GT

So in case of that wheel.. better to go PC side or invest in an other wheel or wait and see if they make a drivehub for next gen .

But one thing is sure, for simracing,no place is better than PC.
I'm also looking to mount one and switch to PC

Hi everyone....I need help with PC2 transmission problems. I have not touched any of the settings on the cars I race in except for choosing 'stable setup'.
So, on a turn I notice the transmission seems to bog down on me....even at times seems to happen on straights too but not as often.
How can I fix this problem?
Thank you.

Well, when I press the accelerator nothing happens.....maybe I'm in the wrong gear while in the turn but I have downshifted to lower gears so I don't know....seems like the front tires slip a little too while in the turn....maybe a different problem there.
I'm using manual trans although I have switched to auto trans and it seems to be acting normal now.

Ummmmm, I'll have to check but I'm sure it's on.
If it is on, is there an on off or percentage adjuster for it?
Under ECU tab, at the very end, ABS and TC strength. Plus there is a difference in transmissions, older cars even without clutch need more time to shift than modern, and there difference in classes too.

God, this is alot to take in.....ok, my TC was set to high....I took it down to low.
I did this before reading new replies so I'll have to go back in and sniff around the SC. Thank you everyone that replied!

God, this is alot to take in.....ok, my TC was set to high....I took it down to low.
I did this before reading new replies so I'll have to go back in and sniff around the SC. Thank you everyone that replied!
In the options you can set all assists like SC, TC, ABS off/on or to authentic meaning if the car irl has any of these features then the car in the game will also have them. This is how I set it, authentic, but even then you can make adjustments to it.. As you have found out. Welcome to PC2, it's a great game.

IMHO, it's easier to set your own assists then try to work around the "authentic" setting, because otherwise it's more trouble than it's worth to turn things completely off.

Hi everyone....I need help with PC2 transmission problems. I have not touched any of the settings on the cars I race in except for choosing 'stable setup'.
So, on a turn I notice the transmission seems to bog down on me....even at times seems to happen on straights too but not as often.
How can I fix this problem?
Thank you.
I don't really understand what "transmission bogs down" means. Perhaps a video of the problem?

I don't really understand what "transmission bogs down" means. Perhaps a video of the problem?
The easiest way to explain it is when in the turn, it seems as if there is no engine power when I'm pressing the accelerator.....almost as if I'm in the wrong gear but I don't think it would act that way in a video game.

Couple of things.....

What car are you driving? If you are outside the power band on certain turbo cars you will bog down, make sure you change gear at the correct time.

Traction control being too high will kill power going to the wheels.

Stability control..... Just a god awful setting in this game, turn it off :)

LSD, I know you say you're using default settings but on some cars this could use a little tweaking.

Some cars the gear ratios could use a little tweaking aswell.

Combine all of these things together & there's your issue.

Also make sure you're acceleration settings are dead zone 0, sensitivity 50, this gives you 1:1 control so if you press the accelerator 75% you get 75% of throttle (same goes for steering & braking).

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it does this on any car and in addition to the bogging down, it also seems that the front tires slide when in the turn.....not enough to slide me out of the turn but enough to easily notice it.....in real life measurements, I'd say about a 6 inch slide on any track and any turn.
I will definitely try your other suggestions and hope they tighten the game up for me.
Thanks!

Though tires grip mostly depends on tires obviously, so make sure they are correct for each car and for each condition. This may seem not important at first, but actually essential. Default tires pressures are barely fit to any setting.
Each condition, yes.....but correct for each car?.......I don't think I've ever seen that setting choice.

Here's a handy guide for hot tire pressures from one of the developers. Keep in mind this is for hot pressures, so your pressure in the setup menu will be lower, you have to do a few laps and keep an eye on the pressure rise.

So, to understand better, why would one choose authentic settings for the assists?.....preference yes, but why.
Well, if you want to replicate the assists the car had (or didn't have) you'll trust the game to know. If not, you'll need to check/investigate yourself.

As an example some time ago I raced the BMW V12 LMR (Le Mans car from 1999), and because I had all assists available to switch on and off I lost some time trying to figure out if those cars had ABS or not. Should have switched the game's settings to authentic to check on that faster.

Back