New Toyota GR86 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport in 2021

ofcourse its coming, to be driven in daily one-make few times, ina nations cup one-make few times, in special time trial event few times, in livery contest, maybe even a special cup like gr supra cup.. who knows..
we need this special car, the more the marrier

Bias?

I am. But does reality have a Toyota bias? Toyota is kind of killing it. 86 and Supra have been popular. While Corollas, Prius and trucks have been pretty much best sellers for decades.

I get the hate, everyone would love more cars from every manufacturer. But hating on Toyota/GR is like hating on Nissan/Nismo in previous GT games. Looking back, the GT-R was in fact an icon which redefined the car world.

Yooooo :eek:

I like these recent deals PD made with manufacturers,reminds me of the old GT Concept games,you get to drive cars before anyone else.
On another note, I heard the new Renault truck will be unveiled in ETS2 before hitting the real world.

I checked this just now...it's getting revealed today!

"For the first time in the HGV sector, the French manufacturer will present its trucks in the Euro Truck Simulator 2 video game and offer a virtual driving experience."

Bias?

I am. But does reality have a Toyota bias? Toyota is kind of killing it. 86 and Supra have been popular. While Corollas, Prius and trucks have been pretty much best sellers for decades.

I get the hate, everyone would love more cars from every manufacturer. But hating on Toyota/GR is like hating on Nissan/Nismo in previous GT games. Looking back, the GT-R was in fact an icon which redefined the car world.
What hate? Where?

Yooooo :eek:

What hate? Where?

No idea about the 'hate' but none from me since I am happy with any variant/updated model of the 86 being added to the game.

It is surprising though and does this mean we will see the equivalent updated BRZ get added, I even already am starting to plan a design for the car
in game and will be my first livery in Sport for a long time.

Hopefully they pull out the stops and we get some other 'Toyota' surprises with the update as would be nice to actually have an update, I dunno like any other new cars they plan for the GR/Toyota brand for 2021....

Well it's a surprise that the GR86 is coming to GTS actually. It shouldn't be a hard car to create for PD. Toyota surely incentivized it some how.

Bias?

I’ve got nothing against Toyota, but a 4th GT 86 isn’t really needed is it? I’d rather a non Toyota/Duplicate car if we had the option, Toyota gets enough love from PD already.

Last edited:
I don't see how the GR 86 could be considered a duplicate if it's a completely new car?

We have 3 86’s already. A couple new body panels and 10 extra ponies doesn’t really make it any more exciting(to drive in game) than the other 3 we already have.

True, just mean it's only being added by request of Toyota, so the alternative is nothing.

True enough, I’ll take any new cars over no cars. :cheers:

Last edited:
We have 3 86’s already. A couple new body panels and 10 extra ponies doesn’t really make it any more exciting(to drive in game) than the other 3 we already have.
To be fair, it's a different, far stiffer chassis, with a longer wheelbase and wider track, lower COG, less weight, and 30hp more (or 15hp more than the GRMN).

It's quite like Mk1 to Mk2 MX-5, only with the weight going down a bit as opposed to up.

I’m excited to drive it.

I still think that saying we shouldn’t get the new 86 is a bit like saying a game shouldn’t get a 997-generation Porsche because it already has a 996-generation model. Yeah they’re similar cars and share some components but they can have very different driving feels and both have their own individual fanbase.

I’ve got nothing against Toyota, but a 4th GT 86 isn’t really needed is it? I’d rather a non Toyota/Duplicate car if we had the option, Toyota gets enough love from PD already.
Same. But why blame PD and Toyota?

Nothing is stopping other car companies from sponsoring a Series. But they decide to do it on other platforms or haven't got on board yet.

McLaren, Toyota and Porsche have invested in eSport. Others are more invested in protecting their products, which has been the standard, nothing wrong with that.

Not to sound too critical, but shouldn't things like getting rain in the south layouts of Tokyo, rain and actual night time in the regular and tourist layouts of the Nordschleife, be more important in terms of things already done in the game that could be implemented?

Ok it's cool that we have a brand new car in the game to keep it fresh but at this point these updates don't mean much anymore imho. It's just a shame the only GT game we got for the PS4 to be so FIA racing oriented... still one more year driving the same few tracks is kinda painful.

Not to sound too critical, but shouldn't things like getting rain in the south layouts of Tokyo, rain and actual night time in the regular and tourist layouts of the Nordschleife, be more important in terms of things already done in the game that could be implemented?

Ok it's cool that we have a brand new car in the game to keep it fresh but at this point these updates don't mean much anymore imho. It's just a shame the only GT game we got for the PS4 to be so FIA racing oriented... still one more year driving the same few tracks is kinda painful.
My saying. At the beginning, they said, GT Sport is the game for „everyone“. Now, at the end of lifetime, it gets to a full-fia-focused game. I can’t stand this way. Of course, GT7 will come anytime, but now, I am a bit confused. I hope, with GT7 they will do a clearly seperation between story and multiplayer mode. Like GTA will do with Singleplayer and Multiplayer as separates.

Last edited:
To be fair, it's a different, far stiffer chassis, with a longer wheelbase and wider track, lower COG, less weight, and 30hp more (or 15hp more than the GRMN).

It's quite like Mk1 to Mk2 MX-5, only with the weight going down a bit as opposed to up.
I like what they did with performance but styling is just terrible, the first gen was a beauty.

I'm just glad the back is more raked upwards. The flat deck of the Mk1, make the rear look too butt heavy. Now the car looks more athletic standing still and not so Z31 300ZX-butt-dragging-on-the-ground, while moving.

I'm sure there is a financial incentive for PD to include the latest Toyota cars.
All the comments mentioning, PD should work on X car or feature, should realize that it's probably happening already for the next iteration of the series.

At the end of the day we're getting free car dlc in 2021, when we all thought new content updates would have stopped by now. We also thought we would be playing GT7 on PS5 by now, but can't have it all.. :lol:

Oh Yes!! I was hoping it would come to GT7 but honestly wasn’t expecting it to come to GTS too. I also wasn’t expecting a confirmation so early.

Last edited:
It's yet another Toyota probably because PD has some sort of brand deal going on with them. In the PS3 era they were doing the same thing with Nissan. If I remember correctly the GT5 Time Trial Demo had you drive the Nissan 370Z around Indianapolis and the 2012's GT Academy qualifications were held in a downloadable standalone game where players competed for the best laptimes using only Nissan cars.

Last edited:
It's yet another Toyota probably because PD has some sort of brand deal going on with them. In the PS3 era they were doing the same thing with Nissan. If I remember correctly the GT5 Time Trial Demo had you drive the Nissan 370Z around Indianapolis and the 2012's GT Academy qualifications were held in a downloadable standalone game where players competed for the best laptimes using only Nissan cars.

Well it was the Nissan GT Academy, so....

Just like the MX-5s :D
Disagree, the new MX-5 is better :D
c27.jpg

Speaking of, it's interesting how all MX-5 have like a face on the front...gives the car character.

Well it was the Nissan GT Academy, so....

Well, yes. With the reason probably being some kind of deal between Nissan and PD. It could just as well have been the Mitsubishi, Honda or Daihatsu GT Academy. (Okay, maybe not that last one :lol:)

Last edited:
Back