New track DLC every month?

  • Thread starter Thread starter veryferry
  • 157 comments
  • 14,724 views
According to Jordan, update should come today right? It's the seventh day of the 'in seven days' window. Although most likely will be another disappointment.
 
Today? I think I missed his comment on that. Lets wait, hope and see^^
 
I think it's fair to say that Jordan was lied to. It's bad enough when the mass public are lied to and deceived but when the head of the worlds largest Gran Turismo community is lied to then we truly need to start asking questions about exactly what direction are PD considering and even the relationship between this site and them. I run my own business and have done for many years. I have many loyal customers and never advertise as all my work comes via happy customers recommending our services. This is down to 2 things. Always deliver the exact job to the highest standard possible that you promised in the contract and if possible do a little extra as good will. And secondly have good communication with them from start to finish. If I failed on either of these things, let alone both then I would fully expect to be stood in the dole queue.
 
In a months time we find out the new track is just for photo mode ;)
 
They will give us two tracks together for february/march.
So....when is the Senna addition coming?
Ha Ha so many promises.
All I want is the Community and Course Creator Sections. Can run my league the way I did on GT5 and make as many new tracks as I want. What about all the Rhonda Spain B.S.

I love my GT6 but please finish it and fix the bugs.
 
Of course , I come from The Forza Franchise and after my experience on GT6 I will never buy another GT or Podi games.
Forza here I come back !!!

I have played both franchises since their beginnings. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I've always preferred GT's actual on-track action because of it's far superior AI. Unfortunately, GT's AI has been dumbed-down this time around. It's a different kind of dumb than Forza, but it puts GT at about the same level. For me, the AI is basically a wash. What is really starting to kill GT is the bumper car racing. How much of a simulator is it when a player (or AI) can ride the guardrail at 100mph or use his/her opponents as braking aids effectively bouncing around the tracks? Every time I hear that "THUNK" sound, I can't help but think how outdated GT has become. There's no damage to speak of, which is basically unacceptable in this day & age. The rest of the game (interface, menus, etc) is set up more like an arcade game than a simulator (this is also true of Forza). The feeling of being a driver and car owner who participates in races around the globe is gone. I can't put my finger on what gave the game that feeling before, but whatever it was is no longer present. To put simply, GT stopped growing. It definitely stopped advancing (in meaningful ways) along with current hardware capabilities. GT should have realistic & meaningful crashing/damage at this point. It should have (untuned) one-make/model races for all cars, right at the dealerships, just like in GT4. The vehicles should have the same purchase options as the real cars (wheels, trim level, interior color, etc). It should have true racing seasons with point systems. It should have qualifying and standing starts. It should have a lot of things other than driving NASA Rovers on the Lunar surface or meaningless car washes. PD needs to start working on making the game a true racing simulator again, rather than trying to please a dumbed-down, casual crowd.
 
I was just using GT4 because it was the last installment that I remember it (somewhat) being in. I'd rather have this than the novelty crap like moon buggies.

Moon buggy`s that sound like a tractor despite its meant to be in space 0_o maybe they should put KAZ in space and he can get it right ;)
 
Really good points and I would have been happy with that.

My day job is in marketing and sales and my automotive blog is my hobby so I believe I have some insight into this problem.

I think the silence is because they can't respond with certainty, for a variety of reasons we are not privy to. That said, they have decided it's better to be silent than over-promise and under-deliver.

Not communicating is harmful to your brand and customer relationship even though the premise of not over-promising is sound. The caveat to that practice though, is a trusting relationship with the customer. The trust here largely has been or is very close to, being compromised.

It's unfortunate the communication has stopped but there could be some very important reasons that only the staff at PD and Sony are aware of.


The very important reason is, that WE the customers found out that GT6 is nothing else than a moneymaking alpha-version of the future GT7. Every single sentence from PD that doesn´t say WE ARE SORRY FOR WHAT WE DID... will be ripped apart by people in this very forum. That is why they keep the silence. What other important stuff is there to be silent? If I work on something that will be ready sooner or later, I can say: Hey guys, we know we promised some, but we have problems and it will not be before May... good. That would be really good. Buuut. They keep silence. So

a) The dollars are still rolling and any word could stop that (sales, minitransaction, deals with manufacturers)
b) They only work on crap DLC like new Vision cars nobody wants.
c) They don´t work at all on any DLC for GT6 but work on GT7 since it has to be ready for x-mas 2014 for PS4. (Probably without trackeditor, b-spec, good AI and whatever)


Until I hear something official from PD, I will call this game GT5 Epilog. Since for me it is the end for the series. I paid big for little. I expect something for my money.


Uh Oh. That would be mean and pisses me off. I have the PS because of GT. I will not buy the PS4 for GT7. I have other hobbies that keep me entertained for less money. Sorry Sony.

Makkan786 said
Can u change the question title to 'new track DLC every few months'
Change it to: So far no Track DLC at all. Will they ever come to GT6?
 
Last edited:
So far I'm happy with how GT6 is going. I like the single player setup and I also like how you can setup qualifying for online league races. Do I wish we had the community features already? Sure I do. The main draw for me is racing online weekly against friends. We can do that so GT6 is a win in my book, everything else is a bonus.
 
So far I'm happy with how GT6 is going. I like the single player setup and I also like how you can setup qualifying for online league races. Do I wish we had the community features already? Sure I do. The main draw for me is racing online weekly against friends. We can do that so GT6 is a win in my book, everything else is a bonus.

I hear you. But you already paid for the "bonus" (actual its major content missing) because it was announced and granted. So how will you feel when they pull out of developing the "Bonus"-stuff... but you technically paid for it? The game you play right now can be purchased for half the original money. I think that is the biggest issue, most players have beside the NON-Communication
 
I see they posted about a maint. on the 10th... Doesn't say anything promising about updates...So I wont hold my breath... If the update comes, it better be absolutely massive.. or im moving to iRacing. Kaz and Pd can shove it

And by massive it better ATLEAST Have B-spec, Course creator or Online community features... 2 of the 3 big features in the first update.. or the game and PD as a company is dead too me.
 
I hear you. But you already paid for the "bonus" (actual its major content missing) because it was announced and granted. So how will you feel when they pull out of developing the "Bonus"-stuff... but you technically paid for it? The game you play right now can be purchased for half the original money. I think that is the biggest issue, most players have beside the NON-Communication

That's why I NEVER do pre-orders or buy a Special Edition or buy a game at day one or do other "wow-can't-wait-to-have-it-it's-going-to-be-awesome-and-look-at-that-bonus-content-omg-i'm-fapping" things.
I paid 30€ for my GT6 Standard, 2 months after the launch, bought sealed from a friend that received it as a gift, but he has an Xbox One.
I have NEVER bought a game that cost more than 35€.
I DO care of my money and I learned how companies and marketing generally work.
 
Last edited:
That's why I NEVER do pre-orders or buy a Special Edition or buy a game at day one or do other "wow-can't-wait-to-have-it-it's-going-to-be-awesome-and-look-at-that-bonus-content-omg-i'm-fapping" things.
I paid 30€ for my GT6 Standard, 2 months after the launch, bought sealed from a friend that received it as a gift, but he has an Xbox One.
I have NEVER bought a game that cost more than 35€.
I DO care of my money and I learned how companies and marketing generally work.

I normally do the same. GT6 was the first GT game I bought right at the start (I bought the digital version and downloaded it). I think I was just a fool in believing what PD and Sony said. Trust me. This was the first and the last time I did this.
 
I'm hoping Drive Club can take over where GT has failed.

It looks like it will finally be released in early April and remember it is FREE to PS Plus members.

As far as "taking over from GT6" I do not think it will do this. It is my understanding there are no race tracks and it is more like the NFS series where it is just street driving :-(

At this point in time there **NO** racing games for PS4 :-( And this is why I believe Sony is pressuring PD to get GT7 out and this is why GT6 is being neglected right now.
 
It looks like it will finally be released in early April and remember it is FREE to PS Plus members.

As far as "taking over from GT6" I do not think it will do this. It is my understanding there are no race tracks and it is more like the NFS series where it is just street driving :-(

At this point in time there **NO** racing games for PS4 :-( And this is why I believe Sony is pressuring PD to get GT7 out and this is why GT6 is being neglected right now.

I guess what I should have said was I hope to see Drive Club become the PS4's premier racer, rather than simply taking over for GT. I am hoping that Drive Club turns out to be a simulator, rather than an arcade racer (like NFS). If that is the case, I don't care if the racing takes place on closed circuits or the open road. In all honesty, my favorite racing format thus far was that of (the original 360's) Test Drive Unlimited. A format like that would allow for open roads & closed circuits (like the track in TDU's Oahu.
 
*whispers* Project cars
 
Im so sick of waiting for GT6 phantom updates I might go all the way back to Prostreet!
 
Reckon these new monthly DLC are in the same place as the promised Nordschleiffe in FM5!!!
 
I wounder what Forza would be like if KAZ made it and the Forza team made GT...
 
Back