Geneva VGT???

• Thread starter A_A_RO_N
  • 231 comments
Why is that?
Because if there is any issues the dev team is signing up to work over the weekend.

Tuesdays are normal, Wednesday if late... Sometimes they will do staging on Friday and test over the weekend but development on any weekend outside of crunch time and without the support of the rest of the team tends to be a wash :/

Adding it today is like staging and testers have 24 hours to test it in a production environment before release.

Because if there is any issues the dev team is signing up to work over the weekend.

Tuesdays are normal, Wednesday if late... Sometimes they will do staging on Friday and test over the weekend but development on any weekend outside of crunch time and without the support of the rest of the team tends to be a wash :/

Adding it today is like staging and testers have 24 hours to test it in a production environment before release.

Oh ok, got ya.

I reached out to SCEA again tonight, and, unfortunately, they are still unable to provide any comment on the status of a new Vision GT car in Geneva.

I know many of you were probably looking forward to it after my recent suggestive post. To clarify, I had confirmation from two independent and highly trusted sources that a certain car company would be debuting their Vision GT concept today (March 6th), but, clearly, there has been a delay or change of plans. I apologize if I've contributed to the disappointment; plans always seem to be changing behind the scenes.

Of course, the Geneva Auto Show still has more days to come, and the infamous "February update" for GT6 is now yet another week past due, so it feels like something has to happen sooner rather than later. We'll just have wait to see, but I'm now in the dark just as much as the rest of you regarding what's going to happen next.

I reached out to SCEA again tonight, and, unfortunately, they are still unable to provide any comment on the status of a new Vision GT car in Geneva.

I know many of you were probably looking forward to it after my recent suggestive post. To clarify, I had confirmation from two independent and highly trusted sources that a certain car company would be debuting their Vision GT concept today (March 6th), but, clearly, there has been a delay or change of plans. I apologize if I've contributed to the disappointment; plans always seem to be changing behind the scenes.

Of course, the Geneva Auto Show still has more days to come, and the infamous "February update" for GT6 is now yet another week past due, so it feels like something has to happen sooner rather than later. We'll just have wait to see, but I'm now in the dark just as much as the rest of you regarding what's going to happen next.
Question for anyone to answer here:

Does SCEA have a respective (job title) representative that also is in cohoots with the Japanese affiliation of SCEA? I feel as if more information from a representative from overseas could get more info. How, I don't know but I've pondered this for a while...

Well this is rather disappointing, I wonder what is going on? Thanks for trying to get more information @Jordan.👍

Sounds like the BMW VGT needs an update just like GT6 :sly:

Maybe their waiting until the interior is completed in GT6, assuming the real life car will have an interior. As opposed to when they released the M4 in GT6, and then updating it once the interior was unveiled.

After all this outrage and human drama, not a single word from PD has been uttered on the current state of GT6. I appreciate all your dedication and efforts @Jordan, but you actually having to deliver news or updates to us fans instead of the developers themselves or even a Sony rep is just downright embarrassing.

We all want the GT series to succeed, but at this rate, people just get tired of being knocked down by false hopes over and over and just ultimately give up. Interest in the franchise has been waning since GT5, feedback has been getting more aggressive, and even the long-time, hardcore vets are jumping ship. What have they been doing? Many have said that they're concentrating their efforts on GT7, cut support altogether due to lackluster sales, etc. The fact is, this is all just pure speculation and we really don't know what is going on. Remember when basically nothing was revealed at TGS 2013 regarding the game's core features? They stayed completely silent until a month before launch, when the 'Start Your Engines' trailer was released. Many perceived PD's lack of interaction then as arrogance, and the recent situation has undeniably only worsened their reputation. A little communication comes a long way, whether it be a simple tweet from Kaz or a short in-game notice indicating a slight delay in the planned update. It at least shows us that we are being appreciated as fans and that are voices are being heard and are not just falling into deaf ears.

I know my points have been reiterated across countless posts in the last month or so, but I just wanted to let this out. GT6 has the potential to blow all racing titles out of the water and become the best entry in the series yet as the physics are superb, but for now it is just so far behind everything else.

I've definitely learned my lesson! :indiff: I really did get pretty hyped up about some sort of update tied in with the Geneva show & didn't help things by contributing to the speculation. Sometimes it's so hard not to get carried away with the speculations you read.. Dang..

PD, we love you all... Please... Let us know what's wrong... Whatever it is we'll understand... We can get through this together... But you gotta talk to us... We're all here for you... Literally...

So please, tell us...

What's up?

The company I worked for rolled everything out on Friday...

I feel like a bbc radio 1 "our tune" moment has arrived.

Anyway, thanks @Jordan for the update about the lack of any update on the Geneva car(s) that you updated us on last Friday that hasn't arrived, and I look forward to your next update on this car whenever your sources update you.

I feel like a bbc radio 1 "our tune" moment has arrived.

Anyway, thanks @Jordan for the update about the lack of any update on the Geneva car(s) that you updated us on last Friday that hasn't arrived, and I look forward to your next update on this car whenever your sources update you.

The BMW VGT is in the middle of the design according to BMW's reply to me.
GT6 usually upates on tuesdays so don't be disappointed if there are no updates until tuesday.

Stay calm until then.

Friday isn't over yet .. so I'm gonna wait till it is. Just maybe, you never know guys.

Apologize for what? your updates are no doubt from trusted sources, they changed the plans full stop.

I think the theory of PD ditched GT6 for GT7 now is gathering pace.

Back