New Track in GT Sport World Finals?

• Thread starter rocky1993
  • 310 comments
It's Bahrain, where the Audi R18 raced for the last time..

wec-audi-r18-2016-in-detail-2017-8-audi-sport-team-joest-audi-r18-cockpit-detail.jpg
Uh, my bad, thanks for clearing that up.
Still want Sebring as a new track, not Bahrain :D.

(Is Bahrain also the answer when PD is asked for implementing weather effects...? :rolleyes:)

It is almost certain to be Monaco. Any other choice would allow for clean racing..!

You only have to look at the current Tokyo layouts compared to GT6's to realize that PD have decided their focus is on tiny narrow, almost impossible to pass city tracks where their fanbase of teenage psychopaths can bang doors and go 'Rubbin's racing!' to their heart's content.

Guess what real track perfectly suits that focus..? Yup. Monaco.

Just to make it perfect, maybe PD will release a hi-res London while they are at it!

Am I missing something?

If they are racing at Monaco then surely it'll end up in the game for all of us?

Isn't that a given?

Why would PD make such a well known circuit avaliable for one event and then not give it to the rest of us in the near future?

Or are they merely competing in a venue at the principality on current circuits?

As you can see, I didn't read the article.

I hope it isn't Monaco. Can you imagine the carnage on that track in weekly races
Nordschleiffe is just as tight as Monaco,its longer,twistier and it is a track featured in Daily Races.I don't believe it will appear in the world finals but it could come next year.

Macau for the banter.

The track that people can barely race in real life?Yeah put it in GTS i would love to see the chaos.

It is almost certain to be Monaco. Any other choice would allow for clean racing..!

You only have to look at the current Tokyo layouts compared to GT6's to realize that PD have decided their focus is on tiny narrow, almost impossible to pass city tracks where their fanbase of teenage psychopaths can bang doors and go 'Rubbin's racing!' to their heart's content.

Guess what real track perfectly suits that focus..? Yup. Monaco.

Just to make it perfect, maybe PD will release a hi-res London while they are at it!

Look,isn't it better to wait for the live event so you can confirm its Monaco so then you can complain?You talk like PD already announced it's Monaco.

And the Tokyo Highway track was never used in any of the live events that clearly goes against your argument of "PD have their focus on tiny narrow city tracks". Actually i would argue that GTS is lacking on City Tracks.

Certainly not Spa.
I think it could be. Look at the track roster:
-Interlagos
-Monza
-Le Sarthe
Probably three most well known tracks the game has... Add Spa and it would a very prestigious track roster and it would fit in very nicely amongst them...

-Interlagos
-Monza
-Le Sarthe
Probably three most well known tracks the game has... Add Spa and it would a very prestigious track roster and it would fit in very nicely amongst them...
I was just taking a piss at the people who continue to demand for Spa to be added to the game, I know it's very likely to come the game if PD is really listening.

I was just taking a piss at the people who continue to demand for Spa to be added to the game, I know it's very likely to come the game if PD is really listening.
Oh, ok lol. Sarcasm is hard to catch without tone of voice, and even more when you read diagonaly...

Hard to argue with how GTS's city tracks are so far utterly impossible to race cleanly on. Monaco only would continue a trend they have already set.

I am not complaining about Monaco. I am complaining that it would be a logical progression of what is undeniable they have already done!

-Interlagos
-Monza
-Le Sarthe
If it were Spa, it will be in the final race, and as we know, the final will be in Le Mans.

If it were Spa, it will be in the final race, and as we know, the final will be in Le Mans.
Le mans is more unique and arguably even more well known and liked than Spa. I think it would suit the Finale better but who knows, guess well have to wait for the weekend to arrive...

Laguna would be a good fit for n500 cars though, no really high speed sectors or straights with a lot of shorter transitions between corners or direction changes.

Cote d'Azur - or the French Riviera - is the name for the stretch of coastline where Monaco is located...
SuperCar Challenge Riviera track was quite nice.

Anyways, would prefer Silverstone and all it's layouts rather than Spa

Seeing as races 2 and 3 are held on tracks located in the Americas and Europe respectively, it seems fair to guess that the new track for race 1 would represent the Asian-Oceanian finalists. Could be Shanghai, could be Motegi, could be something else perhaps. Personally I'd have gone for Autopolis as it's a great Super GT track which has seen no representation in GT yet, suitable for anything from Gr.1 to the slower N-classes.

Or perhaps PD will hit us with the greatest troll move of all time by introducing Spa Nishiura located in Aichi, Japan.
spa_nishiura_600.jpg

I've had the opportunity to drive The Circuit of the Americas in real life. Going up that hill for turn 1 and then going through the fast Ss that followed were just exhilarating. The whole track is really fun and there's plenty of opportunities to overtake. I really think that COTA would be a great addition to GTS.

I've had the opportunity to drive The Circuit of the Americas in real life. Going up that hill for turn 1 and then going through the fast Ss that followed were just exhilarating. The whole track is really fun and there's plenty of opportunities to overtake. I really think that COTA would be a great addition to GTS.

As a world class venue it would be an awesome addition.

Circuit of the Americas (COTA) is a grade 1 FIA specification 3.427-mile (5.515 km) motor racing facility located in Elroy, Texas, on the southeastern periphery of Travis County, in Central Texas. COTA plays host to the Formula One United States Grand Prix and the Motorcycle Grand Prix of The Americas,[3] a round of the FIM Road Racing World Championship. It previously hosted the Australian V8 Supercars,[4] the American Le Mans Series,[5] the Rolex Sports Car Series,[6] the FIA World Endurance Championship,[7] and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

The circuit and Grand Prix were first proposed in the middle of 2010. The circuit was the first in the United States to be purpose-built for Formula One. The layout was conceived by promoter Tavo Hellmund and 1993 Motorcycle World Champion Kevin Schwantz[8] with the assistance of German architect and circuit designer Hermann Tilke, who has also designed the Sepang, Shanghai, Yas Marina, Istanbul, Bahrain, Yeongam, and Buddh circuits, as well as the reprofiling of the Hockenheimring and Fuji Speedway. The circuit has FIA Grade 1 license.[9]
Circuit-of-the-Americas.jpg

Back