New Track in GT Sport World Finals?

• Thread starter rocky1993
  • 310 comments
Jokes on everybody but me. They add Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course at the world finals :lol: That track is 2, 2.5 hours north of me, and I do all my track days there. A man can hope and dream lol

Oh yeah? Well top this, Im just over 30 minutes away from Road America!!!:cheers:

What do people mean by saying that PD largely ignores tracks in the US, they included Big Willow:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I didnt even know that was a real life track until it was mentioned in these forums. The US has so many great tracks, why would PD go out a find Big Willow to include but ignore our iconic tracks????

My guess? I'd say it's Hungaroring.
Why? Because they always showed a onboard video of the circuit during the American final, while the points where displayed.
You can see it in the screenshots below. It's the section after the "Esses" leading to a short straight before the final two hairpins.

Screenshot_20181114-011023.png
Screenshot_20181114-011026.png
Screenshot_20181114-011031.png

I think the Fictional/Real Circuit pattern is on hold so FIA certified circuits are the ones being promoted alongside their first FIA championship. No coincidence the consecutive real-world DLC courses started when the first final qualifier began. This strongly points to Silverstone as the new circuit.

What makes this reasonable:
  1. FIA.
  2. Silverstone vs Monaco, fighting to host F1's 1000th GP as oldest tracks ever on the calendar.
  3. Rumoured Gr.A touring car class, which Silverstone is famous for.
What makes this unreasonable:
  1. Final is set in Monaco - mentioning the 1000th GP belonging to Silverstone would trigger the microstate. :lol:
  2. N500 Final - Allows room for competitive play on tighter circuits that Silverstone & Stowe isn't ideal for.
  3. December DLC - Wouldn't be a Christmas miracle update without a highly demanded track getting confirmed. N500 on a GT classic is a fitting final.
Remember again, PD is full of surprises, and they hardly theme their DLC content, except La Sarthe and their teaser DLC that served as proof of their promise to support the game.
  • Toyota =/= Monza
  • Super GT =/= Tsukuba & Catalunya
  • Mercedes F1 =/= St. Croix
  • Porsche =/= Fuji

Last edited:
I feel the same way about VIR!!!!!!! I know it'll probably never happen but Virginia International Raceway is an awesome course and would be awesome to have it in a GT series!!!!
Never driven on it myself but VIR would be an interesting addition. As for what the new circuit is for the GT Sport finals I'm guessing Circuit de Monaco for obvious reasons.

Please let it be a rescanned Tokyo Route 246...

Spa :indiff:

Silverstone :yuck:
Tokyo R246 would be great to have back. Never driven on Silverstone and I don't know Spa that well but Spa would be good.

Would really like to see DLC packed with original GT tracks, it is quite some time since PD announced they are working on some of the original tracks, I am sure they already have them in their sleeves.

And awesome city tracks that merged over the years... Seattle, Rome, Madrid, Tokyo...

Also would like to see all possible layouts for current tracks, Suzuka is missing west part, Nurburgring is missing few of them, even newly added Catalunya is missimg shorter version, and then there is Bugatti circuit, part of the LaSarthe circuit...

If PD would pull this out, this would be great adition to variaty of tracks and possibility for more of the weekly races...

Still awaiting big names like Spa, Twin Ring Motegi, Silverstone, ...even Indianapolis and Daytona would be great...

I feel like it's pretty much confirmed that the next circuit is gonna be Côte d'Azur, simply because the new track is used for the N500 race only and not the final race with X2014s - and let's be honest, X2014s on the streets of Monaco would be the dumbest ****. Any other track, real or fictional, and it would have been chosen for the final race (think of Fuji and Barcelona, both hosting the final events of their respective region finals).

FYI the X2014's are heavily detuned for these FIA races. They're only about ~5 seconds off the pace from Formula 1 cars circa 2014. So to be honest they'd be kinda perfect for Monaco..

I disagree I think they're too wide for monaco. Almost everything is too wide there as its a narrow track. Drive down the middle of most of the track @ 50kph and no-one will be able to pass. Its a kart sized track.

I'm still looking forward to a new track whatever it is.

Monaco is one of those tracks where, if you have a really agile, grippy car, it can be a lot of fun.

Try navigating it in a heavy, understeer prone, classic car with cardboard brakes, on the other hand, and it will make you want to quit the game for good.

It really depends what car you are taking round its tight, cluttered layout.

Some thing like the Red Bull Standard (my current favourite car in the game) would fly around its tight corners and might well feel like a revelation.

Hot lapping is a lot different to racing though, (as we all know) and being so narrow it means Monaco isn't conducive to lots of overtaking.

It's almost impossible to pass, even into the one or two places most consider an overtake to be feasible (hairpin before tunnel and chicane after tunnel), especially if the driver in front knows how to position his car effectively.

There are other circuits I'd rather see, but any new content is a bonus and should be seen as a positive contribution to the experience...at least that's how I feel.

Last edited:
I do not rule out Monaco, but it's a very difficult circuit to be created. There are many details in the buildings that demand time and care for the PD. I think that would keep PD from creating Monaco.

Seeing the circuit list of the tournament, we only have famous and classic circuits.

So I do not rule out Indianapolis, Daytona, Silverstone and Spa to complete the cast.

Even because they are circuits that the PD already has the GT6 data. Just remaster them.

Monaco is one of those tracks where, if you have a really agile, grippy car, it can be a lot of fun.

It really depends what car you are taking round its tight, cluttered layout.

It's almost impossible to pass, even into the one or two places most consider an overtake to be feasible (hairpin before tunnel and chicane after tunnel), especially if the driver in front knows how to position his car effectively.

Exactly the reasoning that although perhaps iconic in name not one of the better choices for a racing game where a circuit must be more versatile in its uses.

Circuits that have multiple layouts incorporated that the different layouts incorporate or eliminate certain aspects of the circuit to make it more suitable for different classes of vehicles are actually the best circuits with more probability to give the players a good fun race regardless of whether they may use a layout for the Samba Bus or one better suited to GR1 cars, if one circuit can fit both bills plus the in-between classes as well it is a much superior circuit to include.

There are many circuits that meet that criteria better than some of the ones named and would be much better in the game than a circuit that feels to fulfill such a limited scope.

I do not rule out Monaco, but it's a very difficult circuit to be created. There are many details in the buildings that demand time and care for the PD. I think that would keep PD from creating Monaco.

Seeing the circuit list of the tournament, we only have famous and classic circuits.

So I do not rule out Indianapolis, Daytona, Silverstone and Spa to complete the cast.

Even because they are circuits that the PD already has the GT6 data. Just remaster them.
Yep, I don't think the PS4 can handle all these different buildings with high quality textures.

Exactly the reasoning that although perhaps iconic in name not one of the better choices for a racing game where a circuit must be more versatile in its uses.

Circuits that have multiple layouts incorporated that the different layouts incorporate or eliminate certain aspects of the circuit to make it more suitable for different classes of vehicles are actually the best circuits with more probability to give the players a good fun race regardless of whether they may use a layout for the Samba Bus or one better suited to GR1 cars, if one circuit can fit both bills plus the in-between classes as well it is a much superior circuit to include.

There are many circuits that meet that criteria better than some of the ones named and would be much better in the game than a circuit that feels to fulfill such a limited scope.

I have to agree, as a robust, well balanced addition to the track roster it lacks some thing.

It would probably end up a frustrating crash fest and/or follow the leader.

Yep, I don't think the PS4 can handle all these different buildings with high quality textures.

If I remember correctly, didn't previous GT games version of Monaco have less trackside detail?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monaco looks pretty good in f1 2017 and 18 on ps4.

Maybe not high end p.c quality, obviously, but the hardware can produce nice detail.

Whether the f1 games can manage it because they place less strain on the hardware compared to GT is, however, something I am not qualified to comment on one way or another.

I have no proof, it's just a feeling.

Ok, I don't know for certain either.

I was just trying to think back and I may been wrong.

It wasn't bad on earlier GT games; I just feel like it lacked a little detail, like you suggested for the new game, on the ps3 iterations and their version(s) of Monaco.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess? I'd say it's Hungaroring.
Why? Because they always showed a onboard video of the circuit during the American final, while the points where displayed.
You can see it in the screenshots below. It's the section after the "Esses" leading to a short straight before the final two hairpins.

View attachment 779879 View attachment 779880 View attachment 779881
Yeah it is definetly Hungaroring: Look at the video below - at 1:09:19 - where those screenshots were taken...
Not evident whether its real life or in-game footage.
But I hope that they wont add it for the World Finals, Im not a fan, its pretty much an overgrown kart track.

Back