New Track in GT Sport World Finals?

• Thread starter rocky1993
  • 310 comments
I'm really starting to think PD is going through some problems for adding back Deep Forest, Grand Valley and all the stuff. And I don't mean problems in recreation or adaptation, we all know they can do it, I'm talking about problems with FIA, now that the game has every track kind of "approved" by them, our classics seems not to have this approval at all.

I'm saying this because the original classics have now a really really really high demand to make a comeback, and PD is kind of ignoring it bringing back a new Tokyo Expressway layout. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate that track at all, but be honest, it isn't your favorite track of the game.

The FIA approval only extends to the real-life circuits and how they are modelled ingame. For the PD's own creations they can do what ever they like, no approval needed.

I am figuring the F50 is a typo as it has never been in the game and a very odd choice for a new model when there is the 488, Bentley, 918, P1 and so many others that I would have thought that people would prefer.

CJ

there is the 488, Bentley, 918, P1 and so many others that I would have thought that people would prefer.

CJ

It's one of the top 3 most liked suggestions on GTP*, and other cars such as the E30 M3 (the No.1 most liked suggestion on GTP) were not in the series before, and they still got added.

*edited to clarify, it's the 3rd most liked that's not yet been added.

All this hype about the new track, and it ends up being a Tokyo layout.
Sad really, that it takes PD 1 month to add one layout to the circuit

F50 tho. I think it is an all-new car for the GT series, am i correct?

All this hype about the new track, and it ends up being a Tokyo layout.
Sad really, that it takes PD 1 month to add one layout to the circuit

F50 tho. I think it is an all-new car for the GT series, am i correct?

Welcome to the merry go round that is the GTS monthly update.

Sometimes good.
Sometimes bad.
Sometimes doesn't exist.

Well that was a bit of a shocker. Just when some of us thought that it's a new track and bam it isn't instead we get another layout.

But low key I am a bit curious to see how the new layout looks like.

I am figuring the F50 is a typo as it has never been in the game and a very odd choice for a new model when there is the 488, Bentley, 918, P1 and so many others that I would have thought that people would prefer.

CJ
Can't be excluded the idea of a car that has never been in game.
Regardless hope it is not a typo and would love to see it in game.

Tokyo eh? I don't want to sound spoiled, I am grateful for the free content (still bolstering a game I paid full price for that was very thin on content at the start mind you), but this is kind of a gift you'll never use and find in the back of the closet a year from now with the tags still on. Uhhhh thanks! :indiff:

I don't feel as though PD does a lot of listening... I say this completely ignorant of what their development environment/schedule is like from end to end, specifically administratively, licences, fees etc. So, they may be constrained to a schedule of release that doesn't allow them to be more reactive other than what is decent bug fix reactions. Although I have seen the occasional request for city circuits I have seen far more requests for real world tracks, Laguna, Spa, Silverstone, Monaco, and more and of course the constant requests for the popular fictional tracks from before. And off the top of my head they can't possibly have missed the plethora of people who don't want duplicates from the daily gift. There's only a button that says "ok" to add to my garage and I say "no! no! it's not ok!" Even if they don't want to get rid of the duplicates for some wrong reason at least give me the option to decline so I don't have to go through the process of deleting it for nothing.

Tokyo eh? I don't want to sound spoiled, I am grateful for the free content (still bolstering a game I paid full price for that was very thin on content at the start mind you), but this is kind of a gift you'll never use and find in the back of the closet a year from now with the tags still on. Uhhhh thanks! :indiff:

You haven't seen or driven the track yet.

I don't feel as though PD does a lot of listening... I say this completely ignorant of what their development environment/schedule is like from end to end, specifically administratively, licences, fees etc. So, they may be constrained to a schedule of release that doesn't allow them to be more reactive other than what is decent bug fix reactions. Although I have seen the occasional request for city circuits I have seen far more requests for real world tracks, Laguna, Spa, Silverstone, Monaco, and more and of course the constant requests for the popular fictional tracks from before. And off the top of my head they can't possibly have missed the plethora of people who don't want duplicates from the daily gift. There's only a button that says "ok" to add to my garage and I say "no! no! it's not ok!" Even if they don't want to get rid of the duplicates for some wrong reason at least give me the option to decline so I don't have to go through the process of deleting it for nothing.

13 months on you probably would well have got your fair share of full price out of it without the potential new Tokyo track being added. Gts was thinner than other GT game because it's an online focused racer and not a CarRPG. Not forgetting that it has added many more tracks and added cars and the bare bones GT League.

Yeah nobody's saying its bad, but for a World Finals/Christmas present it isnt really great. Unless we get 2 tracks, but I doubt that...

I think it's good for a world finals event. If it was another real track, some old have an advantage of being used to it previously. With a fictional track no one has experienced it.

Yeah nobody's saying its bad, but for a World Finals/Christmas present it isnt really great. Unless we get 2 tracks, but I doubt that...

How do you know it isn't great? You haven't seen or driven the track. It could be a fantastic fantasy street circuit the likes of Rome, Tokyo R246, Special Stage Route 5/11 etc

It could be bad. It could be good. Simply put, we don't know, and everyone is being very spoiled and opinionated about content they know nothing about yet.

I'm really starting to think PD is going through some problems for adding back Deep Forest, Grand Valley and all the stuff. And I don't mean problems in recreation or adaptation, we all know they can do it, I'm talking about problems with FIA, now that the game has every track kind of "approved" by them, our classics seems not to have this approval at all.

I'm saying this because the original classics have now a really really really high demand to make a comeback, and PD is kind of ignoring it bringing back a new Tokyo Expressway layout. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate that track at all, but be honest, it isn't your favorite track of the game.
The upcoming update looks thicc. Give this time more american cars... maybe mercedes slr , clr, clk, peugeot 905, bmw m1
I certainly want the Peugeot 905 and Minolta Toyota Group C car. If we get some all new models alongside the F50 all the better. We’re also overdue some Group B rally cars like the Peugeot 205 T16 E2 and Lancia Delta S4.

Is anybody familiar with how dissimilar PD's Tokyo Expressway is compared to the real Shoto Expressway?
I'm the man for that. Most of the time the course's inspired sections work like teleport. Central is obviously the C1 loop and East is a mix of eastern Shuto routes that make up the 'New Loop' (Shinkanjou/New Belt Line).

Tokyo Expressway's layout names are accurate to their inspired location positions in the Shutoko map. A South variant with over 6km of road in a loop suggests me two things.

YT6l0u7.jpg

The next section would be based on Yokohane, Haneda, and Kawasaki Line, or the newly completed bottom half of the Yamate tunnel of the C2 Loop.

I'm the man for that. Most of the time the course's inspired sections work like teleport. Central is obviously the C1 loop and East is a mix of eastern Shuto routes that make up the 'New Loop' (Shinkanjou/New Belt Line).

Tokyo Expressway's layout names are accurate to their inspired location positions in the Shutoko map. A South variant with over 6km of road in a loop suggests me two things.

YT6l0u7.jpg

The next section would be based on Yokohane, Haneda, and Kawasaki Line, or the newly completed bottom half of the Yamate tunnel of the C2 Loop.
Sherlock Holmes thanks for your investigation I like Tokyo Express way .

Back