New Update coming 9th April

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 298 comments
Which can only run for ~25minutes at 180kw then need retired so the driver can switch to an entirely different car (since charging takes too long -1hr- and would put the crowd to sleep...) to continue the race... and that glycerin is a fossil fuel as well... or, the byproduct thereof.

Formula E is doing the right thing... I like the idea of the research they are doing... cannot get excited about watching a race, but am genuinely appreciative of their commitment to being as green as possible and furthering electric vehicle research/development.

Look I understand electric is coming... but if they are going to mix fully electric in competition with petrol (game or real life)... then they best not be changing the rules to benefit the electric car.

I'm not really a fan of Formula E myself, but they are doing away with car swaps next I believe. My point is that the argument of whether electric cars consume fossil fuels is very dependent on policy and infrastructure and often whereabouts in the world you are. It's as green as you want it to be, within reason, and Formula E demonstrates that for a racing application it's doable. Glycerin is a by-product of bio-diesel manufacture and can be manufactured using natural processes, it is a renewable source.

As for EV vs. ICE on track, we're a way off parity being an issue, and as F1 and WEC can prove, at the moment, a combination of the two is currently the best option*.

*unless you're driving a Red Bull.

Nah Size dosen't matter imo.

tenor.gif

I just think it’s funny that you’re clearly angry at the fact that the car is electric/hybrid when it was painfully obvious it was going to be when the car was initially announced.

What did you think e-tron meant
Im not angry its just the fact that some people feel the need to attack someone who doesnt like what they like there is no need to be angry if i dont like a car and yes I know what e-tron is

I'm not really a fan of Formula E myself, but they are doing away with car swaps next I believe. My point is that the argument of whether electric cars consume fossil fuels is very dependent on policy and infrastructure and often whereabouts in the world you are. It's as green as you want it to be, within reason, and Formula E demonstrates that for a racing application it's doable. Glycerin is a by-product of bio-diesel manufacture and can be manufactured using natural processes, it is a renewable source.

As for EV vs. ICE on track, we're a way off parity being an issue, and as F1 and WEC can prove, at the moment, a combination of the two is currently the best option*.

*unless you're driving a Red Bull.
Yea from memory the ultimate goal was always a single car for the entire race but the tech wouldnt allow it so they introduced the car swap until the efficiency improved

Yea from memory the ultimate goal was always a single car for the entire race but the tech wouldnt allow it so they introduced the car swap until the efficiency improved

Hope they get there... outside of being a jackolantern (at me) that is the largest negative right now... followed closely by charge time... but, with sufficient range... charge time could become less critical... Until then, they are "town cars".

The gen2 formula e car will do the whole race next season, would like to see that in GT sport

most likely audi vgt was already in 1.15
after the installation of 1.17 was shown information on what's new in 1.15

Is the new intro video related to the VGT ingame or being streamed from the internet. If it is ingame, that is probably most of the 290mb, unless the video was already included in v1.15 and just "activated" with this update. We'll probably never know to be honest. It's such a small update though, I think it was probably already added in v1.15, along with the car(s).

Also, the size of this update suggests that the Supra hasn't been added yet and will come with another update - that seems to suggest an update later in the month similar to the ones we've had in December to April? We'll know whether that is the case or not around 21 April if we get a teaser silhouette image for cars. If we don't get one, before 23 April, we might only be getting the Supra added. No speculation threads this month though, please :P

So I bought the petrol engined Audi VGT and it's a proper beast, really like it and also like the fact it's not stuck like glue to the track as some of them are. That sound!

Me before hearing that car - ‘stupid electric vehicles and ones that have no personality - I’ll never get it!’

Me after that - ‘Petrol and only $1,000000 you say? Completely worth it’

So, thank you for posting that:D:lol:

I think some of the updates include content that is not made available right away. In other words, an update might contain 10 cars but at first only 3 are made available, then a later "update" actually unlocks cars that were already provided but hidden until now, and so on.

So, a Vision GT that actually exists and drives faster than 5 KM/H. Who knew? Along with a somewhat usable hybrid for Group 1, the car will not sit at the back of the garage. It's actually much better than what many of us anticipated...

Back