New Update Incoming on 27th of April

• Thread starter Coolsy101
  • 784 comments
I hope there will be over 500 cars in sport. I'm just being patient,with what is in the game now. Maybe more than 500 cars ?? Who knows. Only PD knows.and they need to bring back gt auto and gt seasonals. And the online car dealership !

I would gladly pay for dlc,but free dlc is good too. Need more gt league events though !!

My considerations.

I loved the new track. Loved it! A circuit with personality and own curves. I remember Magny-cours and a few curves in Istanbul. I loved the new Supra Gr.3.

I will think like a capitalist:

I am skeptical about the future of GTS. Earlier, when I said that GTS would be finalized, it was in the sense of the basic structure of the game is concluded.

I believe the updates will continue. But as the latter was, I believe it will be like this: one or two cars, one circuit per month.

Why?

Because Kaz repeated for the second time this year that he is already working on the new GT. He also said it is not GTS 2. By a market view, these statements are not positive for GTS.

This reminds me of the aperitive versions: HD, Concept, Prologue. Sport too?

Speculation: I believe that PD will continue with the events of the FIA GT (e-Sport), until the end of this year. However, I think the main team will be focused on the production of GT7, which would be released in the last years of PS4.

Well, GTS did not sell well. Had bad reviews! These reviews certainly hurt the sales. So I ask: What is the point of PD continuing to invest in a "stillborn" game?

GTS turned niche game. Only 14% of the player base is still active (kudosprime.com).

In a market view, it would be better to launch GT7 in mid-2019, with all that has GTS, plus the addition of new tracks and new cars.

After all, people who were disappointed with GTS would give the franchise another chance, and the current GTS fans would buy the game again.

It is very strange the way of managing PD.

If she declared that each month would launch a package, and every six would launch a paid DLC, perhaps it would improve the reliability of the player base. I think Polyphony does not even trust its own work pace.

Kaz said he would add 500 cars. I see no sense in spending resources on so many cars for a small player base, and that every day decreases. It's better to produce content for a new game in 2019.

I did not want this. But I'm thinking not as a player but as an businessman.

I do not want to live in a state of denial. But I have a bad feeling.

Last edited:
DRAGON_TRAIL.png

I like the drawing you did, as I was imaging the same type of layout! The only part of this drawing that may need modification would be the hairpin transition from Gardens to Seaside, as it would need to be adjusted depending on where the Seaside pit straight begins. No worries though.

I think they need to release an another update to fix all the weird black screen issues related to daily race qualification time trails :P

That would make it in the sea, no?

Besides, you can see the back of the Seaside grandstands from Gardens, so it's easy to tell where they are in relation to one another.

I'll take a little drive in few minutes, ...going seaside :) then come back here :D

And also, Gardens is much smaller track then Seaside... 4 vs 5km approx... and in that picture, it looks like a bit around XD

I'll take a little drive in few minutes, ...going seaside :) then come back here :D

And also, Gardens is much smaller track then Seaside... 4 vs 5km approx... and in that picture, it looks like a bit around XD

I've redrawn them and checking the curve lengths on the drawing against the listed track lengths in the game, I've made them to the same scale... I've also shown the link road that appears to come off the hairpin...

Db065woWkAAA9-j.jpg

make of it what you will..

upload_2018-5-2_11-25-19.png

edit: relative positioning of the two is approximate.

2z8t63c.jpg

This is current position of tracks. There is a road that should make the Gardens more oval like in the lower corner marked as red. Also there is possibility that they will, if they decide to combine those, make it there, question is, will they exclude the interior of Gardens?! Or even make new version of Gardens outfield or what ever they will call it.

Didn't notice any changes on Seaside though.

Also there are two bridges on the backstreight of Gardens, that could be used also for creation of new layout.

Does anyone have locations of Tokyo tracks? How close they are, etc? Couldn't find any reference points, and replay camera is pretty limited regarding height.

I posted this in the screenshot thread, but this seems to be a better place.

You can see a definitely road blocked off at turn 1 of Gardens II...

DcfBHcp.jpg

It curves out of sight, but when you get around to the hairpin, it's hard to miss the road coming right up to the track there, as well...

5oav7ko.jpg

kTV8qMo.jpg

I think it's safe to assume we'll be getting some sort of variation at this track. Here's a quick layout I drew, showing this sid road's position.

bQOqXza.jpg

There's quite a few runs of decent looking service roads that look track like, similar to the infield at Blue Moon, before they converted it.

XsZI8vz.jpg

9TPLIIo.jpg

I've redrawn them and checking the curve lengths on the drawing against the listed track lengths in the game, I've made them to the same scale... I've also shown the link road that appears to come off the hairpin...

Db065woWkAAA9-j.jpg

make of it what you will..

View attachment 733554

edit: relative positioning of the two is approximate.
I was checking the position of the two circuits.

Having the Seaside tower as a reference, it lies exactly parallel to the beginning of the starting line of the Gardens.

Seaside is a little further down from the gardens.

VXR
All I've read on the last couple of pages boils down to; Where's my Sunfire GXP Concept, Toyota Runx and Chevy SSR and PD are ruining GT by offering super premium, interesting cars instead.

Move on, it's 2018 not 2005.
I've never seen such a niche list of cars in my life. Like anyone remembers those things. GT4 is a great game but after i get my nostalgic itch scratched after an hour of playing I turn it off and play GT Sport or something else. could be that i just played GT4 to death years ago

I was checking the position of the two circuits.

Having the Seaside tower as a reference, it lies exactly parallel to the beginning of the starting line of the Gardens.

Seaside is a little further down from the gardens.

I just went a bit wild on imagination which led to another combo layout. It keeps the original directions of both tracks and contains most of their great sections ( except the super fast T1 of DT Gardens :indiff: ).

DT_v.jpg

Is it possible at all regarding the environment, buildings etc. ?

I've never seen such a niche list of cars in my life. Like anyone remembers those things. GT4 is a great game but after i get my nostalgic itch scratched after an hour of playing I turn it off and play GT Sport or something else. could be that i just played GT4 to death years ago

That was my point, that people can moan and whine for the days of GT having all those cars, but some of those cars were relative dross like the three I mentioned.

VXR
That was my point, that people can moan and whine for the days of GT having all those cars, but some of those cars were relative dross like the three I mentioned.

You see, I like new approach of the game, what I don't like is waste of 400 premium models that were pretty good even for today standards... Instead of using that time to make and add more tracks, we got super high quality models (I like them no doubt) and few tracks.
And even then, why not adding at least all layouts for currently real tracks like Suzuka West, and Nurburgring variants?
We have 5 layouts of US desert track, not that I don't like it, finally all layouts are there... But...

I hope you understand...

Back