New Update Incoming on 27th of April

• Thread starter Coolsy101
  • 784 comments
What May update?

I genuinely don't understand the expectation here.

GT Sport launched in October 2017. Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything about DLC apart from that it was coming, and you wouldn't have to wait a year for it. There was no content update in October.
Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything about DLC until the end of November. In November, Sony published a road map for DLC up to March 2018. In it, Yamauchi (and various regional brand managers) said that "approximately 50 cars" would come, along with unspecified new tracks, with no set schedule except "from now to March 2018" - contrary to popular belief, the word "monthly" was not in this article. The first update, it said, would come at the end of November, with three cars. In November there was a content update with three cars. It added that 12 more cars - which it named - would come in December.
Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything further about DLC in December. Then a maintenance period, with update, was announced in-game on December 21st. The update, containing the 12 specified cars, arrived on December 22.
Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything further about DLC in January. Then Kazunori Yamauchi made a Tweet on January 20 about an update arriving the next week. His Tweet had silhouettes - like the blog post - of 10 cars. The update arrived within the week, containing 10 cars. Oh, and a track no-one had said anything about.
Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything further about DLC in February. Then Kazunori Yamauchi made a Tweet on February 24 about an update arriving the next week. His Tweet had silhouettes - like the blog post - of 12 cars. The update arrived within the week, containing 12 cars. Oh, and a track no-one had said anything about.
Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything further about DLC in March. Then Kazunori Yamauchi made a Tweet on March 23 about an update arriving the next week. His Tweet had silhouettes - like the blog post - of 13 cars. The update arrived within the week, containing 13 cars. Oh, and a track no-one had said anything about.

This marked the delivery of all 50 cars, and the end of the road map published in November.

Ahead of April, the official GT Twitter account, along with both manufacturers, mentioned the GR Supra Concept and Audi Vision GT arriving in April updates. No other content was mentioned or teased in any way. The Audi arrived on April 9, the Supra on April 27. Oh, along with a track no-one had said anything about.

Neither Sony nor Polyphony said anything further about DLC in April. Or beyond April.

No announcements have been made for any other DLC in April, but for some reason people believe there should have been a 10+-car pack that was never mentioned. No announcements have been made for any DLC in May or any other month, but for some reason people believe there will be a "May update" with further DLC.

The 50 car DLC promise was announced and delivered on time. The Audi Vision GT was announced and delivered on time. The Supra was announced and delivered on time.

There's no reason to expect anything that hasn't been announced.

What about the 500 cars Kaz talked about all reason to expect more Content.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-could-eventually-feature-up-to-500-cars/

PD doesn't like to communicate with the gt community, very well at all. We are the ones who keep them afloat by purchasing their games. So the least they could do,is not keep us in the dark,but keep us informed with what's going on with gt sport.more updates will occur eventually. I get that developing cars and tracks take time,and I'm just going to be patient,and wait for things in gt sport to arrive,on their own time.

I stopped to hear more carefully & in a specific place you can hear clearly something like a club playing techno music!
Ha. Surely not. I always notice it when the chopper makes an appearance. I might do a cruise to see if I can find the club though. It’s in Croatia right? Will be full of stag parties.

It isn't GTS's sales numbers that are going to be significant. It is going to be the NEXT game that makes or breaks the franchise. To have gone from 1200+ cars and dozens and dozens of real life tracks to this crippled game with the worst track selection out there and close to the worse car selection won't burn the base now. But the next one will.

Hence the importance of prompt DLC and tons of it. Especially tracks. And yes, it had better be free! I wonder how many GT6 players would have wasted money on this game if they had been told up front how few cars were likely to be added and how even fewer tracks would appear in the first 6 months post release? And, I'm sorry, but additional layouts of already existing fictitious tracks (and, IMO far inferior to GT6's fictitious tracks) and only two real tracks added in 6 months makes PD look like incompetents. Other games with a fraction of the resources manage an order of magnitude better.

We have been played. We have been taken for suckers. A lot of us won't be buying the next game unless there is a paradigm shift in PD's production. Not now there are far better alternatives. PD need to realize they don't exist in a vacuum any more, they don't have the entire PS player base to themselves. So far, it doesn't appear as if they have...

DRAGON_TRAIL.png

We have been played. We have been taken for suckers. A lot of us won't be buying the next game unless there is a paradigm shift in PD's production. Not now there are far better alternatives. PD need to realize they don't exist in a vacuum any more, they don't have the entire PS player base to themselves. So far, it doesn't appear as if they have...
I think you might be taking this a little too far...

To have gone from 1200+ cars and dozens and dozens of real life tracks to this crippled game with the worst track selection out there and close to the worse car selection won't burn the base now.

1200+ cars. Most of these were standard cars. Taken from GT2,3 and 4.

I wonder how many GT6 players would have wasted money on this game if they had been told up front how few cars were likely to be added and how even fewer tracks would appear in the first 6 months post release?

I actually wasted money on GT6. It was more of a big DLC for GT5. Traded it in after 3 months.

We have been played. We have been taken for suckers. A lot of us won't be buying the next game unless there is a paradigm shift in PD's production.

We all knew what GT Sport was going to be well before it came out. GTS is online focused (nothing like the previous game. If the next GT game is full fat. Then there will probably be more buyers whether or not they change production methods.

It isn't GTS's sales numbers that are going to be significant. It is going to be the NEXT game that makes or breaks the franchise. To have gone from 1200+ cars and dozens and dozens of real life tracks to this crippled game with the worst track selection out there and close to the worse car selection won't burn the base now. But the next one will.

Hence the importance of prompt DLC and tons of it. Especially tracks. And yes, it had better be free! I wonder how many GT6 players would have wasted money on this game if they had been told up front how few cars were likely to be added and how even fewer tracks would appear in the first 6 months post release? And, I'm sorry, but additional layouts of already existing fictitious tracks (and, IMO far inferior to GT6's fictitious tracks) and only two real tracks added in 6 months makes PD look like incompetents. Other games with a fraction of the resources manage an order of magnitude better.

I can’t believe we really went from “why do standard cars exist” to why doesn’t GTS have 1200 cars like the last game.

Also, pretty unsure why so many people are angry with the amount of cars we’ve got since launch? We started with around 160, and we have in excess of 210 now, none of which we had to pay for. To put that in perspective, FM7 has added less cars in the same timeframe, and you’d need to buy them with actual money before you can use them ingame.

GT Sport is a games as a service with the most atrocious community management in the industry.
Umm, OK... Saying that GT Sport has the most atrocious community management is ignoring the fact that EA Games demands players to spend huge amounts of money on microtransactions. Take Star Wars Battlefront 2. That game has been ruined by loot crates, which you kinda need to get in order to gain an advantage online. Those with smaller amounts of money will not do as well. That's what I call atrocious community management. The consumer is milked dry and the game loses it's overall polish. Yes, Kaz has broken promises but he has not ruined the franchise through dumb business decisions. The fact we are living in a time where GT has an active Instagram, Twitter and Facebook account suggests that they have learnt from their mistakes to help a deliver a better gaming experience. Clearly, the worst community management in the industry.

I can’t believe we really went from “why do standard cars exist” to why doesn’t GTS have 1200 cars like the last game.

Also, pretty unsure why so many people are angry with the amount of cars we’ve got since launch? We started with around 160, and we have in excess of 210 now, none of which we had to pay for. To put that in perspective, FM7 has added less cars in the same timeframe, and you’d need to buy them with actual money before you can use them ingame.
The Free DLC we have received is brilliant, because to obtain the cars you only need to waste time, not money. Forza has come under fire for re-releasing content that appeared in previous games as DLC, not including the cars people want and charging too much money for lacklustre additions. And we haven't even got round to the loot boxes... Clearly, the GT strategy has been the best for all. You simply cannot complain about freebies.

Ha. Surely not. I always notice it when the chopper makes an appearance. I might do a cruise to see if I can find the club though. It’s in Croatia right? Will be full of stag parties.
Try to stop in the middle of the technical section with the repeated right turns & you'll see! It's not the chopper! Also change to the exterior view!

It's almost like you've only just realised that no-one is forcing you to buy a game blind. Congratulations on having this revelation.

Bit salty in here....

Personally I'm ok with fewer cars, I can't drive 1200 at the same time and half of those would be Skylines with different cup holders and vanity mirrors.

New tracks are where it's at but the current selection is agreeable if not amazing

However, I paid £50 for this game and I've only had 350 hours out of it so gimme my money back PD :mad::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Bit salty in here....

Personally I'm ok with fewer cars, I can't drive 1200 at the same time and half of those would be Skylines with different trim.

New tracks are where it's at but the current selection is agreeable if not amazing

However, I paid £50 for this game and I've only had 350 hours out of it so gimme my money back PD :mad::gtpflag:

I knew what the differences between Sport and GT6 were, more or less, before I bought Sport. I decided that a focus on online racing would probably be fun, so I bought it. Sport turned out to be fun; I am enjoying it. The game is being updated, with bug fixes and new content, and I am not (yet) paying for the new content. Overall, Sport has turned into a great value. Is the game perfect? No. Are there things I wish PD would change? Absolutely. I still think the game is fun, I'm still playing, and I will likely continue to look forward to updates.

I'm not up to 350 hours (only 113 hours so far), but I think it was money well spent!

Lol, just looking at this display of psychological torment is enough to laugh. So you've gotten comfortable with a system that PD put out; and now little has been said or displayed, it's the end of GTS as we know it? There's still 3 or 4 years of GT Sport's life left. They could put in the extra amount of cars in there at that time. What we need to realise is that there's a lot more happening behind the scenes than we know, and that the heads at PD probably don't want to release too much info just yet in case something else comes up, or because they want to keep the suspense.

Now they could be working on content for the next update, but then again, who knows when the next update will come out? The FIA pre-season is underway this week so maybe PD didn't want to disrupt the game too much by putting the usual content-filled update in. But, the pre-season ends just before the usual content updates pop up so who knows? They could have a whole line of fantastic and amazing content planned until it's end-of-life date, if there is one, but who knows? There are people who expect the world from one single game and people who realise what can be done and how things work, and that differentiates the people who can't and can enjoy the game. If the lack of updates to a game some would say isn't complete is bothering you, then lessen your dependency of it so much. PD aren't robots; they need time just like us and there's only so much a team can do.

Don't ride the hype train until the train's schedule has been posted.

That seems pretty appropriate. I hope they do not put them together though. Two two tracks are so very different.

Hated the combo of kyoto

I don't hate the combo of Kyoto, but it is absurd if two tracks are in close vicinity that they should be automatically combined... for Dragon Trail it should stay as it is... don't wan't the combo at all...

We all knew GT sport will be a totally different game way before the game was released. This not GT6 or GT7 this is Gt sport like Kaz said something completely different from previous PD Games

“Gran Turismo 7 is not currently planned. All our studios are focused on Gran Turismo Sport and, once it is out, the DLC that follows afterwards.”

I didn’t hear any jungle drums during today’s daily race. Obviously gone back to work as it’s Monday.

They are still there. If you stop before the first right of the multi apex corner then it is coming from behind the last Harman sign on the right (when driving Gardens I). I have a pretty mean surround system and could pin point it quite easily - especially if you use chase cam and flip between front and rear view

CJ

I wonder how many GT6 players would have wasted money on this game if they had been told up front how few cars were likely to be added and how even fewer tracks would appear in the first 6 months post release?

:odd:

The rough car count for the game was known months before release. Considering it launched four years after the last game, I'm not sure why anybody would've expected a rate of additions that exceeded that launch figure (roughly 50 cars/year).

To add to that, five weeks after launch, the team announced the post-launch plans up to March 2018. Admittedly that wasn't as quick as PCARS2 or FM7, but the latter has operated more or less on a set schedule this entire generation, while the former's full DLC plans were only known via a leak.

A lot of us won't be buying the next game unless there is a paradigm shift in PD's production.

That's a guess on your behalf. Don't presume to speak for others.

I'm guessing it's a case of extremes. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair amount of people expected more carryover from the PS3 Premiums. They were "built for the PS4", after all. Although yeah, it's still funny to think there were/are some folks out there that genuinely wanted Standards back on PS4. :eek:

Actually, FM7 has added more cars than GTS (68 via the AUTD car list versus 53 via the AUTD car list), though it's five versus 53 in terms of free. As mentioned above though, one could argue a game that shipped with 170-ish cars needs free cars a lot more than one with 700.

Personally, I'm very much okay with free DLC for GT Sport, but I also wouldn't say no to paid DLC (provided it skewed more towards new-to-franchise content and not GT6 revisits).

And we haven't even got round to the loot boxes...

Probably because so many people seem completely and utterly misinformed on them. Case in point. 👍

Back