New Video - Nürburgring from behind TGS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loeb80
  • 62 comments
  • 5,104 views
Anybody else notice that the in-car view hands never left the screen to shift? That is what I disliked most about cockpit view in previous GT games.



EDIT: Sorry for the double post guys.

GT5P is the only one in GT series that have cockpit view (GTPSP has the simplified cockpit with no wheel/hands) and there is shifting animation but not if you're paddle shifting (F430, IS-F, R35 GTR etc.). The demo at TGS 09 showed that there will be paddle shifting (458 Italia, SLS) in GT5.

[YOUTUBEHD]vQybVxSglkk[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]T751E4eXHZQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

The video (Kaz driving around the Nordschleife) wasn't meant to showcase GT5 but a tour around PD's office.
 
Sorry for the wording, I will go back and edit just so everybody gets it.
 
That there were no cockpit views in previous gt games maybe??...:sly:

Actually GT4 had shift animations as well. Driving convertible cars in Time Trial or Free Roam on a track with the top down you could see it
 
GT5P is the only one in GT series that have cockpit view (GTPSP has the simplified cockpit with no wheel/hands) and there is shifting animation but not if you're paddle shifting (F430, IS-F, R35 GTR etc.). The demo at TGS 09 showed that there will be paddle shifting (458 Italia, SLS) in GT5.

The only problem I have with the paddle shifting animation, is that the drivers hand leaves the steering wheel almost completely so that he can reach forward and pull on the paddle. Shouldn't have to do that.
 
As I stated in the comments on the news article:

"I noticed that, too. The shadows weren’t being broadcast onto the car itself, which is bad news for those expecting a full 24 hour cycle, unless this was a very early build."

Don't take it as a whole positive (as I know there will be night racing), but I still am suspicious about having a moving sun/sky/shadows full dynamic cycle.
 
Did it look like a lot of different options he was choosing and turning off before the Nurb? It also doesn't look like Prologue
No, you imagined him scrolling through a big list of developer options :rolleyes: Doesn't look like Prologue - not surprised given that Prologue does not have the Nurb in it.

Some nice driving though by KY.
 
Anybody else notice that the in-car view hands never left the screen to shift? That is what I disliked most about cockpit view in GT5P.



EDIT: Sorry for the double post guys.

The animation system might just not be implemented in this build.
We also havent seen shift animations in the GamesCom demo and see what we got in the TGS build.
 
The video, yes, the build could be even older.
 
Actually GT4 had shift animations as well. Driving convertible cars in Time Trial or Free Roam on a track with the top down you could see it


Yes, actually if you look carefully the shifter notches into correct gates aswell. Hopefully we'll see new animations in the upcoming demo, but we might have to wait for gt5.
 
No, you imagined him scrolling through a big list of developer options :rolleyes: Doesn't look like Prologue - not surprised given that Prologue does not have the Nurb in it.

Well they put the Nurb on a Spec II of Prologue, as I'm sure you have seen. But the rest looks a little different from Prologue
 
Watched some hours ago, kaz is pretty good and very familiar with nurb, he takes the driving line very well. BTW, i've already posted on some other thread but, I've got a feeling of a greater sense of speed.
 
The only problem I have with the paddle shifting animation, is that the drivers hand leaves the steering wheel almost completely so that he can reach forward and pull on the paddle. Shouldn't have to do that.

You are wrong ! 458 italia has paddle shift in fixed position, In sls for comparition, paddle shift is moving with wheel.

Italia :


SLS:


Just it made me realize me how gt5 is polished :drool:

also you can see from above sls and 458 italia tgs videos that confirm it... And i think it should be standard. I don't even want to think about drifting in ferrari 430 with g25 paddle shift (same moving type as 430)
 
Last edited:
Anybody else notice that the in-car view hands never left the screen to shift? That is what I disliked most about cockpit view in GT5P.



EDIT: Sorry for the double post guys.

in gt5p driver do change gears with hand.
 
in gt5p driver do change gears with hand.
Yup, but only in cars that have a manual gear stick, there is no animation for the cars that use paddle shifting.
 
If paddleshift animations were inculded in TDU, I would expect them to be in the final version of GT5. It's not like it takes as much animation as a manual car.
 
If paddleshift animations were inculded in TDU, I would expect them to be in the final version of GT5. It's not like it takes as much animation as a manual car.

and there are several types of animation just for paddle shift (SLS vs Italia)
 
I'm pretty sure prologue has them already.The f1 car has paddle shifters,turn to a side and shift and u see the fingers move.
 
Yes, the reason the F1 car had them so early is because it is so easy to include, only one finger (on each hand) has to move, but no other cars had paddle shift animations which we are starting to see now since TGS.
 
I wonder if you can modify your cars to contain a sequential 'box' in the final version. I doubt it as you'd have to fit paddles to each car individually and then modify the software so the hand knows when to move to behind the wheel rather than to the stick deeming the stick useless.
 
Well you can have sequential transmissions where to pull back to shift up and push forward to down shift. A lot of race cars have it.
 
BTW, i've already posted on some other thread but, I've got a feeling of a greater sense of speed.

I guess it's not just me then. :)
 
Good news for those with a G27 I think:

PDwithG27.jpg


I suppose it's safe to say the paddles will work in the final game.
 
G27 paddles did not work with GT5Prologue?
 
I'm assuming not because it did not have the sequential shifter (I have a G25).
 
in gt5p driver do change gears with hand.

Sorry, thats what I meant when I said I hate the animation, the hand moves so slow to the shifter and back.
 
Back