New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 264 comments
If you look through the pictures on the official Gran Turismo page there is one at what looks to be Brands Hatch and the car in front has a massive fixed wing, this might be the GR.
i1ahj77OsHRrESB.jpg

The car also seems to display some kind of proximity message on the side window.
I hope these are jaguar renderings? as it doesn’t look like brands hatch

Looking at it more accurately they might be going roun the wrong way round. It probably is Graham Hill corner, as a second road can be seen after the barriers and before the garage building.

I knew that the English are driving on the wrong side of the road but I thought that wouldn't apply to racetracks. :sly: ;)
/s

I hope these are jaguar renderings? as it doesn’t look like brands hatch
The garage in the background seems to suggest it is.
A not too accurate one I will say, but definitely leans more towards it.
Looking at it more accurately they might be going roun the wrong way round. It probably is Graham Hill corner, as a second road can be seen after the barriers and before the garage building.

It's true, all of it.

It is Brands, and it is being driven in reverse.

The 'garage' in the background is the Paddock restaurant/bar.

I'd say it was a photo being used, it's very accurate, it's just the cars are pointing the wrong way.

Just gorgeous. I love the Vision GTs. To me its so exciting to see what car companys are thinking of. Fun to see now that a number of the design cues from the original VGTs are making their way to road cars. This excites me for what the FType Electric will look like.
Can't wait to paint it British Racing Green... and drive it.

Just gorgeous. I love the Vision GTs. To me its so exciting to see what car companys are thinking of. Fun to see now that a number of the design cues from the original VGTs are making their way to road cars. This excites me for what the FType Electric will look like.
Can't wait to paint it British Racing Green... and drive it.
It's also exciting to know that a newborn in the world of cars will be in our hands soon...

Love the design, both inside and out. That rear wing is a piece of art :drool: I'm poring over all the sketches and technical drawings on the GT website. You can tell they really spent a lot of time on this and didn't just phone in a generic design.

i1Zt9FzuOirMD8c.jpg

A bit bummed that it's electric though. GT physics doesn't simulate e-propulsion well and the thrill of electric acceleration doesn't come across well in games due to the lack of g-forces, making the driving experience boring at best and awkward at worst. At least they could've made 2 versions, one hybrid and one fully electric like the Audi VGT.

It looks like they copied the first Mercedes VGT with a little bit a XJ220
car_1156_46737_555f9ebd6388a.jpg
car_1156_50961_52d840706be40.jpg

And I hate it's electric :banghead:
They needed to bring back the V12.

Although Jag probably won't admit it, I bet the VGT will offer an early glimpse of the next generation F-Type, especially in regards to the electric powertrain and technology.

That may well be very prophetically true !

Should be in light green as it is the best Jag colours

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but received an email from Jaguar highlighting what they are doing for NHS etc.

Buried near the end was this link to a colouring in template for the VGT, something to occupy the more creative in the family...

http://2871c77d9bcbaad8e982-4f281050d0f8264df6117e83834c48c3.r75.cf3.rackcdn.com/Gran Turismo Coupé/DesignYourOwnJaguarVisionGranTurismoCoupé.jpg

View attachment 913135

View attachment 913136
What Jag/PD should do, is gift the Jag VGT and let us color it in, using the LE. ;)

Back