New Year Holiday Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F 10 Lap Survival Race

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 310 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F 10 Lap Survival Race

03_nurburgring_gp-f_10l-jpg.275144

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 17/12/2014 - 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 10 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Racing Soft or less .. Min: Racing Hard
Categories: Racing Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.550,000
Silver: Cr.275,000
Bronze: Cr.220,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT FLUORESCENCE 009-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Nürburgring GP/F
Track Length: 3.20 miles / 5150 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: **ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06
Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08
Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Used KEIHIN HSV-010 '12 for this, Intermediate for the 1st 5 laps, pit in for more Intermediate and 24 units of fuel. Won easily but in hindsight I would have gone 6 laps of the 1st set of inters and switched to RH for the remaining 4 laps as my 2nd set of inters were badly worn at end of the race.

Can you only collect credits ONE TIME on this event? My multiplier is at 2 because of all the days I didn't play GT6 lately and I'm not running the time trials until I max out my multiplier to 200%... I don't know if this is a typical Seasonal Race Event where you can re-run it as many times as you wish and still get paid or not...

Can you only collect credits ONE TIME on this event? My multiplier is at 2 because of all the days I didn't play GT6 lately and I'm not running the time trials until I max out my multiplier to 200%... I don't know if this is a typical Seasonal Race Event where you can re-run it as many times as you wish and still get paid or not...
Multiple times I think because it is a A-spec race.

Last edited:
Got gold with HSV on intrermidiate tires. Pitted at the end of lap 6 for new set of tires and some fuel. Was running 4th place after pitstop, top 3 ai drivers pitted at the end of lap 7 so I was back to 1st with 14 seconds of advantage. During lap 7 track went to 0% wet, so intermiate tires are not the best choice for the second half of the race. After first 6 laps left front tire was worn to 3, after changing the tires I finished with left front worn to 1, had to drive carefully for the last 2 laps to preserve the tires.

Can confirm you can earn prize credits more than once, only the 2nd time I ran I finished 10th so got only about 40,000 or something ahahaha.

Used Audi R18. RS Tyres until lap 5, then intermediates. The car is a pain. Set it up and all. Still won by half a minute though. Cutting the chicane is still faster even with penalties.

Two stop flat out strategy for me, using the Calsonic GTR. Racing soft for the first three laps, Pit for intermediates at the end of lap three. Pit in again at the end of lap eight for a set of fresh racing softs.

Very very slippery leaving the pits but grip soon gets up. I did loose the lead following the second pit stop, but easily reeled in the car that got by for a 16 second victory!

Fun race and a good challenge, very enjoyable all in all :) Car had been oil changed and some minor tweaks to gearbox and suspension made :)

HSV 2012. Used inters for the whole race, pited once on the end of lap 5. Is the rain % different every race? My race was half "dry" (laps 3,4, 8,9,10).

TS030 HYBRID RS 4LAPS, INTER 3 RS 3, won by about a minute, must be a tune from one of the TT's .

Same here, can't figure out where the tune is from either,
Something like
Rh 70/70
Sr 16.20/18.30
Comp 5/7
ext 7/5

If anyone knows I'd appreciate it.... I had praiano tune and replaced it with this and it's great

So is this event better to grind for credits in the meantime or should I stick with Redbull Standard championship? I want to know in terms of credits/time.

I figured out why they called it a survival race, because the AI take every opportunity to push you off the track or pit move you. Lost over 40 seconds thanks to the AI ramming me out the way so I didn't end up winning. Not a difficult event apart from the AI driving like a bunch of idiots. R18 will walk it easy, providing you don't get spun out.

Same here, can't figure out where the tune is from either,
Something like
Rh 70/70
Sr 16.20/18.30
Comp 5/7
ext 7/5

If anyone knows I'd appreciate it.... I had praiano tune and replaced it with this and it's great

Must be from the 600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway thread

Ran it again in the R18, AI didn't ram me once, won by well over 30 seconds. Might be possible to just run inters all race instead of pitting twice, probably win by even further then. Another option would be to run slicks for 4 laps, pit for wets and run those until the end of lap 7, then go back to slicks.

Thank you @shepzki! I was hoping this would be the case. Now I just gotta get back in front of my PS3 so I can do some laps... 👍
Why this event has a large payout because it is a 10 lap A-Spec race and not a 5 lap seasonal race, that's why I said in my post you can win it multiple times because it a A-Spec race. 👍

I used the Chaparral 2J '70 to easily win, despite three stupid penalties and having no headlights! Make sure you have racing line set to "on" so you can see the track! Also... I only pitted on lap 9 and only used intermediate tires for the whole race. I THINK I could have made it the full 10 laps without running out of gas.... BUT, I can't guarantee it. Maybe I will try later tonight and see if it is possible.

2J '70 Standings.jpg
2J '70 Car.jpg

Historically Racing Softs were the best option regardless of rain as they have more grip than either of the Rain tires. Has that changed?

Yes it appears to me to have changed. I ran RS on the TS030, R18, and then Impreza touring car. It seems that the back end snaps around very fast when braking on all of them, and that on the straights there is considerable instability. I always ran RS on wet races, but on this seasonal they are terrible. On the one race I replayed, the lead AI had IM, stayed out till the beginning of lap 8 and then changed to full wets.

The main differences that I see about the tires is simply how long they last on the mostly wet surfaces.
Intermediates last considerably longer in this race then RS. RH last the longest but have poor handling in a lot of tight places. The full wet tires are great handling, but like the RS tires, don't last long.
I haven't tried RM tires yet, as far as handling and longevity. Has anyone else?
Intermediate's so far are the go-to options that I see. And if you pit at all in the last 3 laps you could probably hit up RH? Is this what we have all decided is best so far?

And about the re-race money issue, all 'Trials' can only be won once for money. So if it isn't a 'Trial' then your all good to grind away. But considering the time this race takes to play out, this is not a very good idea to do for grinding reasons only.

The BMW McLaren F1 Race Car '97 can win pitting once (lap 7 for me) and using only intermediate tires. Way too close of a race... I almost got bumped out of the way coming out of the last turn. Wouldn't that make anyone mad by racing for 20+ minutes and then getting bumped out of the way in the last turn to finish 2nd? :banghead:

Snapshot_20141217_170652.jpg
Snapshot_20141217_171757.jpg

Got gold with HSV on intrermidiate tires. Pitted at the end of lap 6 for new set of tires and some fuel. Was running 4th place after pitstop, top 3 ai drivers pitted at the end of lap 7 so I was back to 1st with 14 seconds of advantage. During lap 7 track went to 0% wet, so intermiate tires are not the best choice for the second half of the race. After first 6 laps left front tire was worn to 3, after changing the tires I finished with left front worn to 1, had to drive carefully for the last 2 laps to preserve the tires.

I tried both RH and RM for the last stint and it wasn't pretty. The track reads 0% moisture but the car does not act like that is the case. Just coming out of the pits for the first right turn has involved trips to the fence.

The BMW McLaren F1 Race Car '97 can win pitting once (lap 7 for me) and using only intermediate tires. Way too close of a race... I almost got bumped out of the way coming out of the last turn. Wouldn't that make anyone mad by racing for 20+ minutes and then getting bumped out of the way in the last turn to finish 2nd? :banghead:

View attachment 275451 View attachment 275452

Yeah dude, that made me so mad, I walked away after. It was mid way tho last lap and I went from first to like 5th lol. Spun out almost every turn, no matter how much throttle and it was a halfway dry track. I was tryin to feel the pit strategy with zr-1 RM on inters, pitted at lap 6 and in 3 laps my new inters were complete garbage. I accidentally hit the same tires in pit but I wanted RS for the last 3 laps. Needless to say, I was mad as hell.

I've been meaning to pick that car up. I picked up the McLaren Stealth model awhile back, I liked it a lot, but it just doesn't have that styleish drive that the BMW McLaren does.
Who's tune did you go with, or if its yours, can I ask what you did with your height-springs-damps-arb-cam-toe settings? Much appreciated^^

Teflonicus,
I noticed that as well. 0% for a whole lap and water still being thrown up by everyone's tires. Needless to say, there are NO laps without some degree of water-hazard.

Pretty sure that this race uses the real track grip option instead of the low one. Try going off the track, there's a lot less grip than usual, and there's a lot less grip in the rain on slick tyres too. Shame they forced SRF on though, really don't like using that.

As for the track saying 0% wet, that's just the reading for the racing line from what I can tell. When it's at 0% if you run the racing line you don't get any spray and it's got the normal dry grip, run off that and you'll have a lot less grip and a ton of spray will get kicked up.

Back