New Year Holiday Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F 10 Lap Survival Race

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 310 comments
WFT?

What is up with people? Are some males so insecure they send you stuff like that?

I'd bait them to hell if I were you... you could probably make their heads explode, or cause them have a mental breakdown if you played it right :lol:

Happens more than you think, the bottom one was from England so I am sending you over to take care of it, lol.

I just respond with something like, "If I am not female then I need to find out what my gynecologist has been doing down there all these years".

I went back and studied the replay of my win with the HSV, and it's interesting to watch the AI in Normal view. There was a car running in second place near the end of the race that was making good ground on me only to drastically fade. Strange that the AI would select full wet tires for the late stage of the race in rapidly drying conditions. He basically went through those tires like ice cream on hot summer asphalt.

Used a Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth (597pp) with Intermediates and never pitted and won by 16 seconds. :sly:

Down from a 35 second lead. Barely made it. That's fun stuff. Too bad about SRF on, though.

WFT?

What is up with people? Are some males so insecure they send you stuff like that?

I'd bait them to hell if I were you... you could probably make their heads explode, or cause them have a mental breakdown if you played it right :lol:

Oh, I think she's already caused some people to have a mental breakdown. :lol:

Fantastic driving as always @WhoosierGirl!! I have a question about that Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car. Can you adjust all of the suspension settings or is camber & toe locked like with the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Race Car? I'm close to being maxed out on credits and looking to spend, but I don't want another car that's got locked camber & toe settings.

Used a Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth (597pp) with Intermediates and never pitted and won by 16 seconds. :sly:

Down from a 35 second lead. Barely made it. That's fun stuff. Too bad about SRF on, though.

Tried it on a Tom's Woodone Supra , get 'cheated'. The tires wear is almost double fast , no matter how you tune or drive it. 2 stop strategy more easy than one stop to win . 'No pit stop' = Buy Lottery. Just imagine using a fast car that you didn't realise with fast tires wear competing 10 laps race online room with tires wear ON 'fast'. :banghead:

Oh, I think she's already caused some people to have a mental breakdown. :lol:

Fantastic driving as always @WhoosierGirl!! I have a question about that Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car. Can you adjust all of the suspension settings or is camber & toe locked like with the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Race Car? I'm close to being maxed out on credits and looking to spend, but I don't want another car that's got locked camber & toe settings.

Lol, the 330's suspension is fully adjustable and you will love the car.

@luv2drive I must have missed your message, I just had camber and toe at 0 and dropped the springs to 7.00 front and 8.00 rear. ARB's at 6 and LSD to 13/11/7 and 300/500 downforce the rest is as it came.

Last edited:
Thank you, m'lady... I shall be at the Ferrari Dealership if anyone is looking for me! :D

EDIT: Wow...I had a feeling the Mazda LM55 would be overkill in this race, but I wasn't 100% positive since I had to drop my Power % down to 50%. I had a very easy victory, but strangely, it took me a few laps to really start making any ground. This isn't the first time I've had this happen in this race. It seems like I'll be 30 seconds behind the leader on Lap 1 and still 30 seconds behind the leader on finishing Lap 3 - but then the rain is really coming down and I just demolish the field. :rolleyes: Oh well. At least the payout is good, even if the racing isn't! :D

Last edited:
Just used the 2J for this event and drove without ABS to make things fun. Total race time was 20:37.129 and did quite a few errors, first complete run. I imagine it is possible to get under 20 minute mark if you have a really good run.

Tried it on a Tom's Woodone Supra
Tried it, at 571 pp it simply doesn't have the speed to build the gap I need on lap 7 and 8. Then I was asked to try the XANAVI Z at 591 pp and after a few little tweaks I was able to slide it home still in first place with 0 tires, and no stops.

IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG

Fun stuff. Great challenge. Makes me shake.

Last edited:

@luv2drive I must have missed your message, I just had camber and toe at 0 and dropped the springs to 7.00 front and 8.00 rear. ARB's at 6 and LSD to 13/11/7 and 300/500 downforce the rest is as it came.

Thanks @WhoosierGirl I went ahead and ran with the 330 last week and finally was able to beat the race. I think I grabbed a tune online. Maybe I should go back and try your settings and see if the feel and/or performance is better

Thank you, m'lady... I shall be at the Ferrari Dealership if anyone is looking for me! :D

EDIT: Wow...I had a feeling the Mazda LM55 would be overkill in this race, but I wasn't 100% positive since I had to drop my Power % down to 50%. I had a very easy victory, but strangely, it took me a few laps to really start making any ground. This isn't the first time I've had this happen in this race. It seems like I'll be 30 seconds behind the leader on Lap 1 and still 30 seconds behind the leader on finishing Lap 3 - but then the rain is really coming down and I just demolish the field. :rolleyes: Oh well. At least the payout is good, even if the racing isn't! :D

Yes, I've had the same experience as you. Seems like the AI go much slower than you once the rain starts.

Back