New York: The Track 2011

would you want this??

• Total voters

SLAMandRIDE

(Banned)
i-ROC_STAR
NYSTREETTRACK.jpg

I saw this on a racing website.. Thought it would be really cool to Re-invent..
it's of course NYC. But if you tweak the layout.. could be really fun.. even maybe fly threw Central Park

How long is that thing? Where ever you saw this I don't think it was very serious. The width of central park is 0.5 miles. That pitroad is over 1 mile long. I don't think they took the time to look at this at street level or even aerial view, definitely wouldn't worry about this.

How long is that thing? Where ever you saw this I don't think it was very serious. The width of central park is 0.5 miles. That pitroad is over 1 mile long. I don't think they took the time to look at this at street level or even aerial view, definitely wouldn't worry about this.

there have been Pit stops longer than that. and look at Eiger Nordwand Short Track's pit stop.. the thing gose way outta the way. and comes back.. your losing a good 2min of driving time.. Sides could always fix where everything is to make it more realistic

there have been Pit stops longer than that. and look at Eiger Nordwand Short Track's pit stop.. the thing gose way outta the way. and comes back.. your losing a good 2min of driving time.. Sides could always fix where everything is to make it more realistic
Well not exactly, the entire Eiger short track is 1.5 miles, that pit road is not a mile long. And I don't consider Eiger a realistic circuit, I treat it more like a country road. And I know for a fact you don't lose 2 minutes on your lap time at Eiger cus I was racing Group B cars there a few weeks ago and you lost about half a lap in the pits and the lap times there are less than a minute and a half. But even then the cars on track are going slowly through hairpins so the time differential isn't as great. This pit road is length of the Mulsanne straight from Tetre Rouge to the first chicane, and doing it at 45 MPH while the rest of the cars run at speeds, depending on the cars, of over 200 MPH, and it would need to be cars that fast because there appear to be 10 straights that are half a mile or longer and lower pp cars would be a snore. It would be a bit of a snore in LMP's too because of all the straights and we don't know about the width of those roads or the intersections or the medians, so for a we know it could be too narrow to fan out in many places or even have feasible corners.

Plus do you really expect PD to be able to scan all that? It would be super graphic intensive to get all the buildings on a track the size of the Nurgburgring. Remember the surroundings of the Ring are all open fields and trees, it takes a lot more to scan all those buildings in surroundings, cus it would be more densely packed than Tokyo R246 not even considering the length.

Last edited:
Well not exactly, the entire Eiger short track is 1.5 miles, that pit road is not a mile long. And I don't consider Eiger a realistic circuit, I treat it more like a country road. And I know for a fact you don't lose 2 minutes on your lap time at Eiger cus I was racing Group B cars there a few weeks ago and you lost about half a lap in the pits and the lap times there are less than a minute and a half. But even then the cars on track are going slowly through hairpins so the time differential isn't as great. This pit road is length of the Mulsanne straight from Tetre Rouge to the first chicane, and doing it at 45 MPH while the rest of the cars run at speeds, depending on the cars, of over 200 MPH, and it would need to be cars that fast because there appear to be 10 straights that are half a mile or longer and lower pp cars would be a snore. It would be a bit of a snore in LMP's too because of all the straights and we don't know about the width of those roads or the intersections or the medians, so for a we know it could be too narrow to fan out in many places or even have feasible corners.

Plus do you really expect PD to be able to scan all that? It would be super graphic intensive to get all the buildings on a track the size of the Nurgburgring. Remember the surroundings of the Ring are all open fields and trees, it takes a lot more to scan all those buildings in surroundings, cus it would be more densely packed than Tokyo R246 not even considering the length.

ok i just have one Answer for all that.. ~GOOGLE EARTH~

ok i just have one Answer for all that.. ~GOOGLE EARTH~
Even if we follow the entire layout around google earth it won't solve the length problems and the Mulsanne straight of a pit road, so it doesn't answer everything, but I will look at it because GT6 does need a New York track and I'm kind of curious what I can come up with for a layout.

So then cut some of it out.. Wow really.. you guys are acting like its a real track.. You can cut out the bottom. & shoot up 2nd ave.. then also long strait away down 10th ave.. Customize it & make it smaller if it needs to be.

Even if we follow the entire layout around google earth it won't solve the length problems and the Mulsanne straight of a pit road, so it doesn't answer everything, but I will look at it because GT6 does need a New York track and I'm kind of curious what I can come up with for a layout.

i just saw this comment.. & yeah it dose need a NYC track.. the good part is. you could do allot with it cause of the Grid Layout of the street's..

So then cut some of it out.. Wow really.. you guys are acting like its a real track.. You can cut out the bottom. & shoot up 2nd ave.. then also long strait away down 10th ave.. Customize it & make it smaller if it needs to be.
Well, if we're going with a customisable area, you may as well just give players a big square section of the city and tell them to make a track out of the city blocks.
Personally I'd prefer a few unique, scenic city tracks to having a fully customisable area of the world's straightest city blocks.
i like the idea of a new york track, but it absolutely should feature at least a bridge. My pick would be brooklyn bridge-battery tunnel loop with manhattan bit going through the financial district.
👍👍

Well, if we're going with a customisable area, you may as well just give players a big square section of the city and tell them to make a track out of the city blocks.
Personally I'd prefer a few unique, scenic city tracks to having a fully customisable area of the world's straightest city blocks.

👍👍

Do the RED BULL track.. it went around NY & NJ and had a tunnel

Back