News from Sema

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 758 comments
Coming from "jalopnik", i cannot help but stay reserve and not get too excited about it...

Although if true, that would be awesome...

Ways to crank out 5 millions copy in a week... easy job...
counting another week for delivery worldwide... and End of November release looks possible...

Let's just wait for the Man to give official words... Hopefully during SEMA.

AMEN to you 👍

Jalopnik is a seriously legit automotive blog. And this piece was posted by Ray Wert, their Editor in Chief. He doesn't mess around.

The other thing we don't know is he said "are being pressed as we speak", that doesn't really give us an idea of how far along they are. I don't know how it works, but I would think they have a min launch number in mind regardless of whether the full production is completed. So it could be coming a lot sooner than December. Just a thought.

Quoting Vexorg, from the linked article's comments: 'The discs are being stamped now. It's the 500MB patch that'll need to be downloaded right away that's still being worked on'

:scared:

someone tell me what does stamping the disc means? Is it close to release alraedy?

It means they're taking the GT5 game from Polyphony Digital and making Blu Ray discs of it that you can shove into your PS3 and play. Until we live in a world of digital distribution, we'll have to wait for things like this. Think of it as an author who has sent his manuscript to the publisher: the book is done, but they just have to make *books* out of it.

Also... OMFG IS THIS REALS?!

Kotaku has picked up the story too! So, we have more than 1 reputable site saying this actually happened and a photo of Kaz making a 'stamping motion' with his hands. This has gotten ridiculous and surreal, and pretty entertaining.

Jalopnik is a seriously legit automotive blog. And this piece was posted by Ray Wert, their Editor in Chief. He doesn't mess around.

I would trust AutoBlog more than Jalopnik,

Jalopnik have produced some half true, half funny articles... :nervous:

It's probably more of a legit source than Translator San :dopey:

Translator-San, exactly from where Jalopnik got their info as well ... ;)
dont tell me that Jalopnik is capable of reading Kaz's lips in Japanese...

I thought this too, but why would some auto-blog be up enough on the 'we missed the production date' story that we - the biggest GT site - only got 1 source for? They'd have to follow that to fake this.

Either they're joking, having realllly done their GT5 homework, just to annoy people... or this is real. I choose real!

They would not report news of this magnitude as some form of joke. Their humor stuff is usually obvious.

I'd also add that they've used GTPlanet as a source on a number of occasions with the most up-to-date GT5 related news, including the revealing of the Red Bull X1.

If it's true, this is a better news than release date!

They can put false release dates, if the game is not ready....but with gold status it will be release SOON

Does anyone have sources at DADC in Terre Haute, Indiana or New Jersey that could confirm this news? That would be a definite sign that the US version will be out very soon. They might have some idea how far along in the production run they are. Of course, there's still packaging the discs and shipping them to retail, but at least the game is done.

Does anyone else feels like a surprise release might be coming in the next weeks? ;)

Seriously, expected news and honestly I'm glad I'll have the game by December considering the worst scenario. The man looks relieved in the pic though, the last weeks since the last delay must have been quite tiresome to him.

Does anyone else feels like a surprise release might be coming in the next weeks? ;)

Possibly! We have no idea how far along in production they are. This thing could have gone gold weeks ago for all we know. They could be 99% of the way there for all we know.:dopey:

Back