• 758 comments
pmJEf.gif

Sorry if the gif is already posted
:lol:

Edit

Saw that the GIF posted in the news thread

Amazing! :)

yamauchi-stamping-200x200.jpg

"Sorry but while stamping the discs an error occured and we had to STOP the production. It's so funny but we have to delay the release once again.."

Yeah they're being stamped, but that doesn't exactly mean it's gonna be launched just around the corner. Seems like Kaz's answer, to me, was a vague response but well chosen due to the fact that it implies a close release date.

I mean, has anyone even seen a GT5 commercial yet on TV? (Excluding the ones at the demo PS3s in stores)

I don't watch TV much at all but I don't know of any. Hell, I saw Black Ops commercials over the summer for this month.

Yeah they're being stamped, but that doesn't exactly mean it's gonna be launched just around the corner. Seems like Kaz's answer, to me, was a vague response but well chosen due to the fact that it implies a close release date.

I mean, has anyone even seen a GT5 commercial yet on TV? (Excluding the ones at the demo PS3s in stores)

I don't watch TV much at all but I don't know of any. Hell, I saw Black Ops commercials over the summer for this month.

as much marketing and exposure they have had since the delay from this past March, they can do a commercial 7 days before release and still be okay. everyone and their momma who likes racing games have probably had their eye on this game. once its out the game will speak for itself. its the newcomers and forza converters they have to get extra sales from.

For all we know the disks were being stamped for a while now. Wonder how long...

Could have started yesterday, could have started 2 weeks ago. It's a point to be taken that we have no idea when they started stamping disc. They could be about done with stamping for all we know. Hopefully we'll get a date tomorrow, at least that'll tell us where we are.

BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR!!! Finally some rock solid information!

Once a game goes gold it usually hits store shelves in 3-4 weeks, but it might take a little longer for GT5 considering the number of copies they'd want to put on shelves.

Saying that, for all we know it could have been in manufacturing for the last week or two so its possible they could have it out by the end of the month, but I'd put money on the first week of December.

BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR!!! Finally some rock solid information!

Once a game goes gold it usually hits store shelves in 3-4 weeks, but it might take a little longer for GT5 considering the number of copies they'd want to put on shelves.

Saying that, for all we know it could have been in manufacturing for the last week or two so its possible they could have it out by the end of the month, but I'd put money on the first week of December.

On the other hand, we don't know for how long they have been pressing the discs. Maybe they started as early as last week? Who knows :)

"It is being stamped as we speak... in Japanese language version only"

or

"... for release next year"

No seriously I am as hopeful as the next guy being from the "baught PS3 3 years ago solely for the game" club, but until Sony come out officially and say "Coming to a store near you December Xth" I won't hold my breath for fear of disapointment.

So who wants to take a punt on how many ragers who cancelled their pre-orders go out today to place a pre-order?? :sly::sly:

How long will it probably take? MW2 was taking like 5 weeks from gold to stores? But that was on 3 platforms and GT5 will probably be around equal number of copies? But MW2 is like 7GB while GT5 is a bit larger. Is it resonable to say that it would take like 3 weeks?

Finally some positive news :D

However in the risk off sounding like a negative nancy, I'm refusing to get overly excited just yet.

Once the game is in my hands, All will be Forgiven :D

Back