Next Forza 5 update?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 42 comments
They just released an update last week that included Drag & Tag, as well as changes to the in-game prices. No one knows what the next update will be or what will be in it. I can only assume it's news on the 'Ring since it's rumored to be released in January.

They just released an update last week that included Drag & Tag, as well as changes to the in-game prices. No one knows what the next update will be or what will be in it. I can only assume it's news on the 'Ring since it's rumored to be released in January.

We should hear something on Tuesday for release on the 7th I would have thought, but that's DLC not a title update

Hope they add some tracks, im bored as hell running the same tracks over and over and over.

More tracks would be nice. Of course, had the game had twice as many tracks on day one it would still always be nice to have more tracks. It isn't so bad if you have a game that lasts you like ten hours, but in a game like this where one can easily run 500+ races, we could really benefit from more variety.

they communicate, just only once a month.... but it's a pretty piss poor effort in community relations.

I know I've read some where on the official site that the Nurburgring would be added in January, but haven't seen an official exact date and if it's free or pay DLC.

i haven't heard or seen anything about nurburg other than it cost to much money to lazer scan

My game updated this week! But nothing seems different :(
Same here. Might be prep for upcoming DLC or bug fixes... I think incremental and regular updates and patches are a part of the new XBox.

You guys had it free in 4 I don't see why the track is not in 5. what are they doing?
Laser-scanning it? I wouldn't expect a track of this length to come free. It would be the most accurate version of this track than any other game on the market.

Laser-scanning it? I wouldn't expect a track of this length to come free. It would be the most accurate version of this track than any other game on the market.
Uh uh uh, don't get too cocky there bud. :sly: The comparisons of FM5 and GT6's Nurburgring will deside which has the most accurate of the track yet. ;)

Uh uh uh, don't get too cocky there bud. :sly: The comparisons of FM5 and GT6's Nurburgring will deside which has the most accurate of the track yet. ;)

If one is laser scanned and one is not, surely the laser scanned one is by definition more accurate. Unless you think that either they ignored the laser data points, or the non-laser one somehow lucked into being closer to reality on the majority of points than the laser's margin of error.

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole laser scanning thing is a bit of a crock, especially on consoles. On serious PC sims there's debatably the physics and feedback to make that level of detail actually mean something, but even then it's iffy. On anything you play with a controller it's going to be largely wasted.

I suspect the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a laser scan and a track that was well modelled from geographical data/race data/photos, both were presented to them in the same game. Or perhaps, they could tell the difference, but they couldn't tell which was which.

If one is laser scanned and one is not, surely the laser scanned one is by definition more accurate. Unless you think that either they ignored the laser data points, or the non-laser one somehow lucked into being closer to reality on the majority of points than the laser's margin of error.
Oh no, I don't think that way at all. To be honest, I always thought that taking photos of a tracks was much better than laser scanning, somewhat based on what you said. Don't get me wrong, I find laser scanning to be also good as taking photos of a track. I'm eager to see the comparisons of both games Nurburgring vs the real thing. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole laser scanning thing is a bit of a crock, especially on consoles. On serious PC sims there's debatably the physics and feedback to make that level of detail actually mean something, but even then it's iffy. On anything you play with a controller it's going to be largely wasted.
I see. That seems pretty tough to do, especially after laser scanning a track. And yeah, I play with a controller. So that means I can't say nothin. :P

I suspect the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a laser scan and a track that was well modelled from geographical data/race data/photos, both were presented to them in the same game. Or perhaps, they could tell the difference, but they couldn't tell which was which.
Agreed. Even myself has a hard time wondering which is which, so difficult. Haha.

Oh no, I don't think that way at all. To be honest, I always thought that taking photos of a tracks was much better than laser scanning, somewhat based on what you said. Don't get me wrong, I find laser scanning to be also good as taking photos of a track. I'm eager to see the comparisons of both games Nurburgring vs the real thing. :)

How so? In terms of accuracy of the surface, I'd think it'd be unquestionable which would be closer to the real thing.

My only quibble about the whole thing is whether it actually matters. To me it's not in doubt that laser scanning is more accurate than doing from photos and geo data. At least the +/- 2cm laser scanning that is kicking around at the moment.

How so? In terms of accuracy of the surface, I'd think it'd be unquestionable which would be closer to the real thing.
Really? Dang it, was really looking forward to it too. ^^'
My only quibble about the whole thing is whether it actually matters. To me it's not in doubt that laser scanning is more accurate than doing from photos and geo data. At least the +/- 2cm laser scanning that is kicking around at the moment.
Ahh okay. I don't disagree, just thought doing the other option was better in terms of modelling tracks. But from the sound of it, laser scanning seems to be the better deal. Intresting.

My game updated this week! But nothing seems different :(

From the main Forza 5 thread:
From T10

Cars available in DLC Car Packs can now be used as Rental Cars in Freeplay and Multiplayer modes
Adjustment of the windshield damage threshold
Players can now perform engine swaps for cars from the LaFerrari Car Pack and the IGN Car Pack
Graphical fixes for the 2013 Caterham Superlight R500
Cockpit brightness has been adjusted for the 1960 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
Engine audio for the 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 409 has been improved when using clutch

That's interesting about the engine swaps in the IGN DLC pack. Wonder if there are any for the Caterham? Something like a Smart engine would be nicely leftfield and they have the stats from FM4. Or the Transit's diesel!

VXR
That's interesting about the engine swaps in the IGN DLC pack. Wonder if there are any for the Caterham? Something like a Smart engine would be nicely leftfield and they have the stats from FM4. Or the Transit's diesel!

Caterham Engine swap

3.0L V8 - Racing. 475hp/268LB-FT

With twin turbo + full mods 775hp/447LB-Ft, 1210lbs.

giggity!

Heaven forbid not assuming GT is the best of everything.
I just knew you were going to say that. I meant to say both games Nurburgring compare with the real thing, but.

So what you ment to say is nothing of what you said, or implied, at all?
Yes, it was. It's just I meant to also say compare both against the real thing, and each other to see who captured it accurately. However, that'll be difficult to tell which captured it better. :\

I just knew you were going to say that. I meant to say both games Nurburgring compare with the real thing, but.
You seem to do that a lot. Perhaps you should think of what you want to say before posting.

My point was that laser-scanning is the most accurate technology for modeling tracks. I based my statement on fact. Based on that, the odds of this being the most accurate representation of the Ring is incredibly likely. It has nothing to do with any preference of any game.

Latest Posts

Back