Next Forza 5 update?

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by symo63, Dec 29, 2013.

1. symo63

symo63

When is the next Forza 5 update and when is it going to be? What is going to be in it?

2. MKVSupra

MKVSupra (Banned)

Hope they add some tracks, im bored as hell running the same tracks over and over and over.

symo63 likes this.
  3. McLaren

McLaren Premium

They just released an update last week that included Drag & Tag, as well as changes to the in-game prices. No one knows what the next update will be or what will be in it. I can only assume it's news on the 'Ring since it's rumored to be released in January.

4. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

We should hear something on Tuesday for release on the 7th I would have thought, but that's DLC not a title update

5. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

More tracks would be nice. Of course, had the game had twice as many tracks on day one it would still always be nice to have more tracks. It isn't so bad if you have a game that lasts you like ten hours, but in a game like this where one can easily run 500+ races, we could really benefit from more variety.

6. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

No one knows, Turn10 are a very secretive company who do not communicate with their loyal fanbase.

7. Khyber

Khyber

they communicate, just only once a month.... but it's a pretty piss poor effort in community relations.

8. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

I know I've read some where on the official site that the Nurburgring would be added in January, but haven't seen an official exact date and if it's free or pay DLC.

9. Khyber

Khyber

i haven't heard or seen anything about nurburg other than it cost to much money to lazer scan

10. S0PH0S

S0PH0S

My game updated this week! But nothing seems different :(

11. YakieS1

YakieS1

Same here. Might be prep for upcoming DLC or bug fixes... I think incremental and regular updates and patches are a part of the new XBox.

12. Djwess

Djwess

You guys had it free in 4 I don't see why the track is not in 5. what are they doing?

13. YakieS1

YakieS1

#deadhorse

14. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Laser-scanning it? I wouldn't expect a track of this length to come free. It would be the most accurate version of this track than any other game on the market.

15. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Uh uh uh, don't get too cocky there bud. :sly: The comparisons of FM5 and GT6's Nurburgring will deside which has the most accurate of the track yet. ;)

16. Imari

Imari

If one is laser scanned and one is not, surely the laser scanned one is by definition more accurate. Unless you think that either they ignored the laser data points, or the non-laser one somehow lucked into being closer to reality on the majority of points than the laser's margin of error.

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole laser scanning thing is a bit of a crock, especially on consoles. On serious PC sims there's debatably the physics and feedback to make that level of detail actually mean something, but even then it's iffy. On anything you play with a controller it's going to be largely wasted.

I suspect the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a laser scan and a track that was well modelled from geographical data/race data/photos, both were presented to them in the same game. Or perhaps, they could tell the difference, but they couldn't tell which was which.

BoneSawTX, Igano, J32 and 2 others like this.
  17. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Oh no, I don't think that way at all. To be honest, I always thought that taking photos of a tracks was much better than laser scanning, somewhat based on what you said. Don't get me wrong, I find laser scanning to be also good as taking photos of a track. I'm eager to see the comparisons of both games Nurburgring vs the real thing. :)

I see. That seems pretty tough to do, especially after laser scanning a track. And yeah, I play with a controller. So that means I can't say nothin. :p

Agreed. Even myself has a hard time wondering which is which, so difficult. Haha.

18. Imari

Imari

How so? In terms of accuracy of the surface, I'd think it'd be unquestionable which would be closer to the real thing.

My only quibble about the whole thing is whether it actually matters. To me it's not in doubt that laser scanning is more accurate than doing from photos and geo data. At least the +/- 2cm laser scanning that is kicking around at the moment.

19. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Really? Dang it, was really looking forward to it too. ^^'
    Ahh okay. I don't disagree, just thought doing the other option was better in terms of modelling tracks. But from the sound of it, laser scanning seems to be the better deal. Intresting.

20. UKMikey

UKMikey

From the main Forza 5 thread:

21. VXR

VXR

That's interesting about the engine swaps in the IGN DLC pack. Wonder if there are any for the Caterham? Something like a Smart engine would be nicely leftfield and they have the stats from FM4. Or the Transit's diesel!

22. J32

J32 Premium

Caterham Engine swap

3.0L V8 - Racing. 475hp/268LB-FT

Djwess, Fezz_ST and Igano like this.
  23. Igano

Igano

Oh my god.... That thing will be killer with that engine untuned... when fully tuned how much hp it reaches?

24. J32

J32 Premium

With twin turbo + full mods 775hp/447LB-Ft, 1210lbs.

giggity!

25. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Heaven forbid not assuming GT is the best of everything.

SlipZtrEm and BoneSawTX like this.
  26. Igano

Igano

On a caterham? You will need traction control at maximum setting to drive that thing :p

HAL20XX likes this.
  27. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I just knew you were going to say that. I meant to say both games Nurburgring compare with the real thing, but.

28. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

So what you ment to say is nothing of what you said, or implied, at all?

HAL20XX likes this.
  29. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Yes, it was. It's just I meant to also say compare both against the real thing, and each other to see who captured it accurately. However, that'll be difficult to tell which captured it better. :\

30. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

You seem to do that a lot. Perhaps you should think of what you want to say before posting.

My point was that laser-scanning is the most accurate technology for modeling tracks. I based my statement on fact. Based on that, the odds of this being the most accurate representation of the Ring is incredibly likely. It has nothing to do with any preference of any game.