Forza Motorsport Update 5 Out Now: Nordschleife, German Performance, and More

The game is significantly improved on Series S after this update, even Visuals graphics is more stable now and finally a viable option in my opinion.

Decided it was time to reopen the YouTube channel which will be my Nordschleife time trial record going forward.

First up, the lowest PI car in the game, Toyota Corolla 1974 at 11m38.761:

Last edited:
wow, greqt update!!!! GT7 update is very poor comparing to Forza update! :D

Yes gt7 last update was not good but it was at least not recycled content
Turn 10 is recycling old content, outside of the car pass cars there is not much new content here that was not part of previous games, its step in the right direction for fm with the changes they are making specially with upfate 6 but its not enough, not even close

You know you're right when you get a poo emoji from Andre.

I also remember GT7 having many issues with oversteer at launch, the select few who were saying "git gud" certainly quietened up pretty quickly when PD fixed the oversteer issues.
You could also include how PD made an update where they reduced the amount of credits you've earned in races, in order to push its players into buying its credit packs if they didn't want to grind. They quickly back-peddled by changing it back, though, because people (rightfully) were pissed off about it.

And GT7 isn't innocent here either, as it went through similar controversies back in 2022 , such as having a broken splitscreen mode at launch, which took PD TWO YEARS to try and fix. Had it released at the same time as FM23, you can bet it wouldn't be in a position of positivity like it's currently in right now.

Your can't compare GT7 with the mess that is FM. Please try harder.
Yes you can, as GT7 was TOO an unfinished mess at launch. Don't go there.

Last edited:
Gt7 didn't need loads of patches and updates because it wasn't broken on launch.
Justin Timberlake Reaction GIF

Hello. Perhaps you're new here and aren't aware of the fact that GTPlanet has full-featured news coverage of game updates, reviews, etc. One of the games that we continually report on is Gran Turismo 7. Seeing as we have every single update catalogued, let's go ahead and see what the first several months of GT7 were like, shall we?

March 10, 2022 - Update 1.06: Fixed an issue that prevented players from properly progressing through the Menu Books, which had the knock-on effect of being incapable of unlocking some of the game's features. Already off to a bad start, but let's continue.

March 17, 2022 - Update 1.07: Fixed an issue that saw cars equipped with improper tire compounds for certain single-player challenges. Also resolved car settings failing to save, and the game crashing whenever you'd win or purchase a car; not to mention this was the "blackout" where the game (outside of custom races and Music Rally) was basically inaccessible in any meaningful way due to a server issue.

March 18, 2022 - Update 1.08: Fixed the game being almost wholly inoperable.

March 25, 2022 - Update 1.09: Fixes player stats resetting and the game crashing when entering an online race in Sport Mode.

April 7, 2022 - Update 1.11: Sweeping economy changes. Everything is more rewarding because, if you'll recall, acquiring credits was much more of a hassle then than it is now.

I could continue but I've made my point, and the examples used were only a little over one month after GT7 launched. Whether GT7 at launch was more broken than FM 2023 or not is irrelevant, but to say GT7 wasn't broken at launch is revisionist nonsense.

I still find FM is the better Game then GT7...

Thats fine we all have our preferences,
But the majority find gt7 a better game and their is no doubt that gt7 is the more polished game and it still doing well in terms of sells even as 2 years old, the numbers dosen’t look to good for fm currently,

Thats fine we all have our preferences,
But the majority find gt7 a better game and their is no doubt that gt7 is the more polished game and it still doing well in terms of sells even as 2 years old, the numbers dosen’t look to good for fm currently,

Right, and what was GT7 like 3 months after release? While you're saying that it's a much better game now and better than FM23 (which, given your past replies - and reaction emojis - to other posts we'd expect you to say), there are still so many other things which have yet to be fixed.

The ludicrous financial system which favours three races over the rest of the events in the game; a car pricing system which means that someone like me, who perhaps can only play an hour or two a day - if I'm lucky - can only dream of getting hold of certain cars; a safety rating system that definitely didn't work out of the box; lack of dynamic weather and time of day on some tracks (great for that endurance racing!).

You're not being fair in your comparisons and you never will be until the blinkers come off. Yes GT7 is a great game, but if you spend any decent amount of time with FM23, you'll see it's far from the mess you paint it to be.

We know you don't like anti-GT7 posts, and this isn't one, but in anticipation of you giving me a poo emoji, I'll give myself one to beat you to it.

poop-dance.gif

Right, and what was GT7 like 3 months after release? While you're saying that it's a much better game now and better than FM23 (which, given your past replies - and reaction emojis - to other posts we'd expect you to say), there are still so many other things which have yet to be fixed.

The ludicrous financial system which favours three races over the rest of the events in the game; a car pricing system which means that someone like me, who perhaps can only play an hour or two a day - if I'm lucky - can only dream of getting hold of certain cars; a safety rating system that definitely didn't work out of the box; lack of dynamic weather and time of day on some tracks (great for that endurance racing!).

You're not being fair in your comparisons and you never will be until the blinkers come off. Yes GT7 is a great game, but if you spend any decent amount of time with FM23, you'll see it's far from the mess you paint it to be.

We know you don't like anti-GT7 posts, and this isn't one, but in anticipation of you giving me a poo emoji, I'll give myself one to beat you to it.

View attachment 1328525

For me, GT7 is a very frustrating game, it's obviously very polished, and it's a very coherent package, but some of my frustrations with it make it less than great for my purposes.

While Forza isn't as polished, it gives me more options to tailor the game to my tastes. Things such as FOV adjustments, more and better camera view's as an example. I still can't believe after all this time GT still hasn't implemented a proper hood camera, the roof cam is ok on low strung sports cars but on regular street cars it's way too high, not to mention no virtual mirror in this view. So while GT7 may give me a nice polished experience, Forza gives me an experience that is more tailored to my tastes.

View attachment 1328525

Gt7 was not good at launch, i know that, but the issues was not even close as bad as fm23
It feels like it ok criticize gt7 but not against fm because then hell brake loose,

I am not against people talking about the issues of gt7 the problem is here when their is claims fm is better game witch is clearly is not, Numbers speaks for them self fm keep deopping in active players by the day,

If you want to drop a poo emoji or not i could not care less about that,

I have played all forza games since fm2 only missing out on the first one, the new one is just not doing anything for me, and that is the case for a lot of other people as well,
To say its been a mess would be an understatement

Last edited:
Gt7 was not good at launch, i know that, but the issues was not even close as bad as fm23
It feels like it ok criticize gt7 but not against fm because then hell brake loose,

I am not against people talking about the issues of gt7 the problem is here when their is claims fm is better game witch is clearly is not, Numbers speaks for them self fm keep deopping in active players by the day,

I have played all forza games since fm2 only missing out on the first one, the new one is just not doing anything for me, and that is the case for a lot of other people as well,

A game being better to anyone is subjective, and of course folks in this part of the forum are more likely to enjoy Forza over GT7, what do you expect? There is a reason I don't spend any time in the GT7 part of the forum, and that's because I enjoy Forza more, I'm not going to go and brigade over in the GT7 part of the forum and respond anytime someone suggests GT7 is better than Forza, which is what you seem to do around here, either responding or poo emojing every time your precious GT7 is slighted.

You give off a serious vibe of "Stop enjoying this" every time you post, as if just because Forza doesn't fit your expectations then everyone else should stop playing it.

Don't be so condescending.
Justin Timberlake Reaction GIF

Hello. Perhaps you're new here and aren't aware of the fact that GTPlanet has full-featured news coverage of game updates, reviews, etc. One of the games that we continually report on is Gran Turismo 7. Seeing as we have every single update catalogued, let's go ahead and see what the first several months of GT7 were like, shall we?

March 10, 2022 - Update 1.06: Fixed an issue that prevented players from properly progressing through the Menu Books, which had the knock-on effect of being incapable of unlocking some of the game's features. Already off to a bad start, but let's continue.

March 17, 2022 - Update 1.07: Fixed an issue that saw cars equipped with improper tire compounds for certain single-player challenges. Also resolved car settings failing to save, and the game crashing whenever you'd win or purchase a car; not to mention this was the "blackout" where the game (outside of custom races and Music Rally) was basically inaccessible in any meaningful way due to a server issue.

March 18, 2022 - Update 1.08: Fixed the game being almost wholly inoperable.

March 25, 2022 - Update 1.09: Fixes player stats resetting and the game crashing when entering an online race in Sport Mode.

April 7, 2022 - Update 1.11: Sweeping economy changes. Everything is more rewarding because, if you'll recall, acquiring credits was much more of a hassle then than it is now.

I could continue but I've made my point, and the examples used were only a little over one month after GT7 launched. Whether GT7 at launch was more broken than FM 2023 or not is irrelevant, but to say GT7 wasn't broken at launch is revisionist nonsense.

Yes gt7 last update was not good but it was at least not recycled content
Turn 10 is recycling old content, outside of the car pass cars there is not much new content here that was not part of previous games, its step in the right direction for fm with the changes they are making specially with upfate 6 but its not enough, not even close
But if we didnt get the recycled content people would complain,where is track a or b,or car x.y and z? Oh nobody wanted old content so we didnt put it in the game,games try to strike a balance with old and new.I dont take any notice if tracks from previous games show up in new titles,real life tracks are always going to be classed as recycled content but in a motorsport game they are a must.Just my opinion. 👍

A game being better to anyone is subjective, and of course folks in this part of the forum are more likely to enjoy Forza over GT7, what do you expect? There is a reason I don't spend any time in the GT7 part of the forum, and that's because I enjoy Forza more, I'm not going to go and brigade over in the GT7 part of the forum and respond anytime someone suggests GT7 is better than Forza, which is what you seem to do around here, either responding or poo emojing every time your precious GT7 is slighted.

You give off a serious vibe of "Stop enjoying this" every time you post, as if just because Forza doesn't fit your expectations then everyone else should stop playing it.

I never said people cant enjoy fm, and i know preference play a part of what games we wants to play, but objectivly gt7 is the better game, it just does more things right, but people could still prefer forza

Both has kind of drop the ball for single player, fm being slighly worse because of the fomo design single player

Last edited:

Rubbish. Only the PC version of Forza had big problems. It has been mostly good on Xbox and nothing it has done compares to GT7 having no server access At All. For several days.

You are constantly having a go at a game you have never played.

Rubbish. Only the PC version of Forza had big problems. It has been mostly good on Xbox and nothing it has done compares to GT7 having no server access At All. For several days.

You are constantly having a go at a game you have never played.

Thats far from true their was plenty of issues even on the Xbox version not as bad as the pc port, but their was more than a little bugs and glitches for months

You dont need to play the game to know most of flaws it has, and the flaws are very many, the only thing i cant judge is the physics because you need to play it to experince that,
I hope it gets better over time, with update 6 things will start to head in better place where people can finally upgrade cars as they wish, but its not enough for it to redeem it self,
There is other big design flaws like
Fomo career mode, and single player lacks varity,
Outdated car models
No drag
This just to name a few things,
If they make all tours permant, add back drag racing i might think about buying it berore then no, and i will be better of waiting anyway
To get a more complete experince,
Right now there is no way i am buying an Xbox for one game, thats not really blowing my mind

Last edited:
FM is getting better… but GT7 for me and my group is better… FM have so many features missing in my opinion… It is impossible to actually start a league in FM… There’s no stats… private multiplayer is missing many option… and the replay function is terrible… when running 30 min races they give you only 11 min of recording time??? So Yea I’m glad the game is getting better but the game still needs some work in my opinion. Hopefully by next October things that should be in the game are present.

hats far from true their was plenty of issues even on the Xbox version not as bad as the pc port, but their was more than a little bugs and glitches for months

You dont need to play the game to know most of flaws it has, and the flaws are very many, the only thing i cant judge is the physics because you need to play it to experince that,
I hope it gets better over time, with update 6 things will start to head in better place where people can finally upgrade cars as they wish, but its not enough for it to redeem it self,
There is other big design flaws like
Fomo career mode, and single player lacks varity,
Outdated car models
No drag
This just to name a few things,
If they make all tours permant, add back drag racing i might think about buying it berore then no, and i will be better of waiting anyway
To get a more complete experince,
Right now there is no way i am buying an Xbox for one game, thats not really blowing my mind

It kinda is true, I play on both PC and Xbox, and since maybe Update 2, I've run into very few issues on either platform, and nothing that has been game breaking for me. The only 2 bugs that have really slowed my enjoyment of the game have been replays and input bindings on a wheel.

The upgrade system hasn't prevented me from doing the things I like, sure if you want to take a D class car straight into an A class lobby you're not going to have a good time, but I've had a lot of fun entering open series races with a car that stock fits the class, and after a single race I can usually upgrade my car to the top of that class or become close, you don't need to put 2hrs into a car to level it to 50 to enjoy it, at least that's certainly not my experience.

Fomo career mode is blown out of proportion, they give you loads of time to complete all the series, it's far better than both FH5 which I've certainly missed cars on, and GT7 with it's dealer rotation and heinously expensive cars.

Outdated car models, who cares, even the meme'd Evo looks absolutely fine in game, it will be nice if they retroactively go back and fix some of the models, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over them, and I'd rather have some of these cars than not, as I can't imagine they will be in a real rush to redo models from scratch on some obscure Australian family cars or similar, and these are some of the cars I've had the most fun with, they aren't even in GT, the market has been completely ignored by PD since GT4.

Despite the game's flaws, IMO nothing else in the industry has the features and content I want, so IMO it is a better game, so much so that GT7 and all other sims I own have been pretty much collecting dust since October.

Back