Next Motosport Series to be in Gran Turismo

• Thread starter GT6mebe
  • 292 comments

What Motorsport Series do you want or to be improved

• Total voters
I voted Historic Racing. Specifically a 12 race 12 lap Aspec mode based on European Classic Race Cars.

Vintage open Wheel...The Bees Knees, the Apple in My Snapple, the Espresso in my Coffee.

I would love to see the European Drag Race championships included, with all the classes ranging from top fuel, methanol, pro mod and pro stock.

Next in, I'd love GP2 in GT6, been getting more and more into that, and I could imagine some great racing online.

Lastly would be the BTCC and V8 super cars, great door to door action throughout these series. Fun to watch and would no doubt be fun to play.

Of course, some proper A-spec support for any new race series to GT6 would be great.

FIA GT doesn't exist, although the series was ready to be included in GT5, WRC is already exclusively (as far as I can tell) licensed. I think a focus of some of the major endurance series such as WEC/ALMS would be really good! Touring cars wise, I'd like BTCC or WTCC too, perhaps even DTM.

i would like to see V8 Supercars.

We already have a V8 supercar in the game. The Ford Falcon XR8 (although its an old one) and with Bathurst in GT6 (If that was correct) I hope we can get more V8 supercars and I can do the Bathurst 1000 as an enduro. (Also the Bathurst 12 hour aswell but thats different)

Grand-Am racing particularly this year has been outstanding, so I’d like to see Daytona Prototype’s on GT6. PD seems to have good relations with NASCAR, and the Daytona road course is already there, so it would be a logical fit.

The Mazda RX-8 in the Grand-Am GT category makes a heavenly noise, that should also be on GT6.

BTCC and WTCC. If we get a custom livery editor we could create our own teams for the championships and build regulation-spec cars :)

- Improved WRC (2012 cars, teams, drivers)
- IRC, PWRC, JWRC and WRC Academy
- Clubman Rallying
- GRC, BRC, ERC (Rallycross)
- F1 & F2 stockcars
- Ministox
- MotoGP, WSB, BSB
- Karting
- BTCC & WTCC

Remove NASCAR! It's just not fun or interesting anymore. Maybe replace it with cars/ tracks from the late 60's early 70's before all the cars looked the same

edit: I meant fun above, not fair, it's all too fair

Last edited:
I voted for the following:
  • F1
  • D1 Drifting Series
  • Indy 500
  • V8 Supercars

I've always been a fan of drifting, so I would definitely want D1GP in GT6. The same goes for F1. For Indy 500, I voted for that because it reminded me of Dan Wheldon (Rest in peace, buddy :( ), and for V8 Supercars, I voted for that because hopefully it will encourage PD to produce better sounds for the cars in the next game.

I would also like more karting in GT6, as I'm looking to get into karting IRL.

Historical "Touring" Cars (both National and World series) from 60's - 90's. There are so many iconic (road) cars that were taken to the track.

We've raced a Historic road car series for over a year now on GT5, it's incredibily popular with the more mature (in years) players. Everyone is screamiing for more Historic race cars.

Everything from the Mini's, 'scorts, Capri's, Cossie's, M3's, CSL's, 635i's, R31gtrs, TWR Jag XJs, Commodores....yank tanks... AMG 300sl (I think it was the 300sl) etc etc etc - even the old skool Volvo 240's were cool. Then look at the boom of the national series in the 90's using the 2 liter N/A engines and the "world final" of such series.

Totally awesome....oh, but not for GT5.... pffffft - Polyphony, you are really missing a trick here - Historic cars are SO popular on GT5 amongst the older players, sort it out.

Even if it were classic Le Mans / DTM / GT500 - anything, just more Historic racecars - they're awesome :D

Dude you hate NASCAR, we get it. No need to keep repeating yourself.

Ooh, I struck a nerve there :D :P

Anyways European Rallycross has some good cars, combined with very close and competitive racing, I think along with WTCC or BTCC rallycross would be a good addition.

jtqmopar
Remove NASCAR! It's just not fun or interesting anymore. Maybe replace it with cars/ tracks from the late 60's early 70's before all the cars looked the same

edit: I meant fun above, not fair, it's all too fair

In your opinion, I find it fun. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone else hates it.

NASCAR should stay, but as I said in another thread, they need to get it right this time. No going over 240 MPH on tracks like Indy. Make them go around 220 MPH max, reduce their downforce, and reduce their acceleration.

Add a few more tracks as well. Oval racing is not only popular in the USA. For me, I'd say that PD should add;

Bristol - .5 mile oval.
Phoenix - 1.0 mile oval.
Charlotte or Texas - 1.5 mile oval.
Watkins Glen - 2.45 mile road course + 3.4 mile full course.
Sonoma - 1.99 road course + 2.52 mile sports car course.

That way, we add a lot of NASCAR tracks as without making it overkill. Other series run at these tracks as well.

Last edited:
Ooh, I struck a nerve there :D :P

Anyways European Rallycross has some good cars, combined with very close and competitive racing, I think along with WTCC or BTCC rallycross would be a good addition.

Not really, I don't like NASCAR either, nor drifting nor drag racing. I'm not going to say they shouldn't be in GT for all the people that do enjoy those modes though.

Voted FIA GT, DTM, Historical, and WRC.

I would've voted D1 Drifting, but I'm a dedicated DS3 player. Can't be arsed to get a wheel, and I find the drift events tough enough as is. =p

Back