Next Motosport Series to be in Gran Turismo

• Thread starter GT6mebe
  • 292 comments

What Motorsport Series do you want or to be improved

• Total voters
As you guys all know GT5 has a lot of different types of motorsport from Rally, to Karting, to NASCAR and even some F1. It has also supports racing series like Super GT which in my collection is the only racing series apart from NASCAR in GT5 where most the cars are premium.

So what series would you like next to be fully supported by the GT series (at least have an entire field of premium vehicles) or do you think GT should improve on the series it has?

Note PD can improve and include new series but just for the sake of the poll I want to see what people value the most.

ALSO FOR THE POLL PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR 4 OPTIONS MAXIMUM ( OR LESS IF YOU THINK IT IS UNREALISTIC FOR PD TO IMPLEMENT SO MUCH) NO MORE PLEASE.

(NASCAR, Super GT and WRC are the only series supported when answering the poll because they are the only ones that have a full field of premium cars and WRC has lots of tracks especially made for it.)

Personally I would like GT to improve on WRC and NASCAR in terms of physics and also in terms of tracks. Though if there was ever was a series I want to be in Gt5 it would have to FIA GT.

Last edited:
I would love to see a "real life" mode where you start with min. budget and a crap car. Then you adv. fro competitions and you should be able to choose your country or region - Asia [more street tunes], USA [more classic and derbyraces], Europe [more standardcar racing and manfacture cups].

I personally think a Rally race, in which you navigate hundreds of miles through random terrains, and different countries, would be one heck of an experience. Then again, I'm not sure how it can be implemented into the game.

Other than that, having a new series for PD at the moment is just having the cars and license for it. Not so much the complete experience that you'd get on the game dedicated for it. Since that's the case, PD pretty much already cover the majority and anything else is just little variation to the car type and restriction. All there is to do is to implement it with that engaging experience.

Talkietoaster
I would love to see a "real life" mode where you start with min. budget and a crap car. Then you adv. fro competitions and you should be able to choose your country or region - Asia [more street tunes], USA [more classic and derbyraces], Europe [more standardcar racing and manfacture cups].

Then NFS sounds more up your ally.

To the subject matter, being Australian, I'd like to see some V8 Supercars. Not the new ones, the older one back when they were "touring cars".

I voted for Improve NASCAR.

If PD want to win over the americans , they need to really do a good job of the NASCAR in the game.
Such as safety cars, PROPER DAMAGE , caution periods and with PS4 power , a full grid of cars.

I voted for....

V-8 Supercars (best racing in the world, IMO)
Historical racing
Improve NASCAR
Improve WRC

V-8 Supercars shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.

There's already quite a few historic racing cars in the game. If they just organized it into a proper series it'd be a lot of fun.

NASCAR desperately needs improvement. It's not that there's anything wrong with the cars, it's more that slipstreaming is ridiculously overpowered. Do these cars actually ever hit 240 MPH on a super-speedway? It seems like this option could provide the most bang for the buck in online racing fun if they could nail it.

I have no faith that they'll actually improve upon the WRC aspect of the game. To do so would mean, at a minimum, emulating the old Colin McRae Rally games and providing dedicated rally stages that aren't wheel-to-wheel tracks. I wouldn't expect Richard Burns Rally levels of realism, but if they could give us a staged system using real world locations that would be awesome.

I personally think a Rally race, in which you navigate hundreds of miles through random terrains, and different countries, would be one heck of an experience. Then again, I'm not sure how it can be implemented into the game.

Other than that, having a new series for PD at the moment is just having the cars and license for it. Not so much the complete experience that you'd get on the game dedicated for it. Since that's the case, PD pretty much already cover the majority and anything else is just little variation to the car type and restriction. All there is to do is to implement it with that engaging experience.

Agree, I wish PD would expand their Studio to make much better use of their WRC license and create a separate game for rallying. They already have all the know-how of the physics, all they really need is a team of 20-30 track modelers to work night and day on graphically stunning rally stages.

I have no faith that they'll actually improve upon the WRC aspect of the game. To do so would mean, at a minimum, emulating the old Colin McRae Rally games and providing dedicated rally stages that aren't wheel-to-wheel tracks. I wouldn't expect Richard Burns Rally levels of realism, but if they could give us a staged system using real world locations that would be awesome.

Richard Burns Rally is overrated... I still play every now and then, and the physics are not that great. PD's physics are in my opinion much closer. Not saying it wasn't the best sim around at the time though...

I voted for other as I'd like to see the American LeMans series. I would love to also see the 24 hours of Lemons, but I don't know how they would pull that off.

Richard Burns Rally is overrated... I still play every now and then, and the physics are not that great. PD's physics are in my opinion much closer. Not saying it wasn't the best sim around at the time though...

Fair enough. I only mentioned RBR because it seems like it's generally considered the most accurate rally simulation out there. I haven't spent much time playing it, so I don't have a lot of first hand experience. My personal favorite rally game was the Colin McRae series. Perhaps not the most realistic, but I think it did a good job of duplicating the thrill of rally driving with plausible physics to back it up.... or at least way, way better than the most recent DIRT series.

I really hope GT6 comes with more options for setting up a whole racing series using these cars. It's really sad to be limited to the two or three races you get in the normal progression of the game and not have the ability to set up your own races using only these cars.

Actually now that I think about it FIA GT can be easily mimicked if PD provided a livery editor and some decent customization. I would rather have something more unique like historical racing.

09historics_01.jpg

masters-series-spa-f1-beta.jpg

Yes please :drool::drool:

Agree, I wish PD would expand their Studio to make much better use of their WRC license and create a separate game for rallying. They already have all the know-how of the physics, all they really need is a team of 20-30 track modelers to work night and day on graphically stunning rally stages.

I do not think they need to work on a separate iteration. What they need is to focus different parts of their team and different things.

The rally physics are decent. What they need is some proper rally tracks and really narrow ones. Not necessarily real though. Maybe a hill climb likes Pikes Peak and an online rally mode properly integrated and it would be a lot more popular in my opinion.

I picked all of them because almost all that we already have could use improvement (some of them could use a bit while others need massive improvement). And the ones we don't have I'd like also. And I apologize for doing all of this since i didn't realize till after i voted that you said to only select 4, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change my vote. sorry about that, not an excuse but it's just been a long day already and I didn't pay as much attention as i should've.

I do not think they need to work on a separate iteration. What they need is to focus different parts of their team and different things.

The rally physics are decent. What they need is some proper rally tracks and really narrow ones. Not necessarily real though. Maybe a hill climb likes Pikes Peak and an online rally mode properly integrated and it would be a lot more popular in my opinion.

Personally, I wouldn't care if they did it in this game or made another, completely separate rally game. I'd buy it and play it. Again, my bar for "good rally game" is Colin McRae Rally, which is apparently a pretty low set bar. If they can raise it from there I'm sold.

But if they're able to implement that in Gran Turismo, all the better. But with the WRC they've certainly got more than enough content to create a separate game.

D1 drifting!drifting is growing all the time in gt5,so therefore kaz should notice the growing amount of drifters and pay more attention to it..good start would be drift tracks added(dlc?), which are meant to be drifted..like ebisu,meihan:)

Hopefully if they have other types of Motorsport in the next game, they should have different rules and penalties included in the game for each type of Motorsport (like yellow flags). GT5 done a good job with Nascar pit crew animations. I would like to see different pit animations with other Motorsports which would bring more flavor into the game.

I think if they implement other types of Motorsport they should have:

• Pit crew animations
  • Penalties for each Motorsport
  • Endurance races with different tracks with each Motorsport series
  • Strict Licenses: Required to take the license test to join a event like previous GT's
  • Many championship old and new events (include qulifications)
  • Different type of road starts that depends on the Motorsport series
  • Team Drivers: have a PSN friend or an A.I to race with you in your offline championship event (In A-Spec races)
  • Cut scenes in championship events (similar to GT5's Grand Touring)

I really like to see some of this in GT5. But I doubt it.

1. A complete set of 2012 Le Mans Prototypes
2. A Supercar car pack including the Ferraris (F355, F360, F50, 599GTO, and FXX), Lamborghini Diablo, Aventador, and Reventon (just sticking with manufacturers that are already in the game.)

American Le Mans Series: as Wiki explains -
'Teams compete in one of five classes: LMP1, LMP2 and LMPC Le Mans Prototypes, and GT(2/E) and GTC Grand Touring cars. Race lengths vary from 1 hour 40 minutes to 12 hours.'

Now that's what I think GT5 needs providing it gets the championship structure right. To have a mixed field and be able to win your class is key for this. Imagine leading your class in a Viper while having to allow the LMP classes to sail past. Ferrari GT cars....One can dream!!!!

ENDUROTASTIC!

Check it out for yourself and watch it free online live when it happens:
http://www.americanlemans.com/index.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_American_Le_Mans_Series_season

Last edited:
wasn't FIA GT an DTM planned for GT5, but got canceled?
(or postponed)

Yes it was and I think the lone premium DTM car is a testimony to that and judging form the poll it looks like Kaz knows which series would be most popular for fans. Though I am still looking for that really good WRC game this gen :indiff:

American Le Mans Series: as Wiki explains -
'Teams compete in one of five classes: LMP1, LMP2 and LMPC Le Mans Prototypes, and GT(2/E) and GTC Grand Touring cars. Race lengths vary from 1 hour 40 minutes to 12 hours.'

Now that's what I think GT5 needs providing it gets the championship structure right. To have a mixed field and be able to win your class is key for this. Imagine leading your class in a Viper while having to allow the LMP classes to sail past. One can dream!!!!

Oh my God that is my dream too.....I wish to drive a corvette c6.r in le mans over taking little GT1 cars while trying to catch the competitors in my class and avoiding crazy LMP's like the Audi R18. Or maybe racing in the Porsche cup while others are battling in their classes. Multi-class racing rocks and I think that is a big reason why FIA GT is so popular.

However the only way this can be realistically be done if the car count in game was somewhere from 32-40 in my opinion.

I also liked what other people said how the series can be branched in A-spec mode. Maybe you can start as a go-karter and progress form track days to touring cars eventually to F1. Or maybe it can take more of an rpg route were you do the basic licenses and karts and beginner races but then choose if what branch of motorsport you want to be in. The longer you stick to that motor sports the harder it gets (expert professional etc) and more advanced techniques or modes you unlock. Looks like I am getting carried away lol.

Last edited:
Yes it was and I think the lone premium DTM car is a testimony to that and judging form the poll it looks like Kaz knows which series would be most popular for fans. Though I am still looking for that really good WRC game this gen :indiff:

Sadly there is no premium DTM car in GT5, or is there?

DTM and BTCC whould be awesome, especially if they whould add some classics into the mix, like early DTM and BTCC cars, or the BTCC cars from 1996, feturing my Audi A4 :D

Back