Next NFS

Did any of his past rumors/speculation is accurate? Will be nice if it is true but I kinda doubt it will happen.

While its worth taking this with a grain of salt, Grubb has made the rounds over the past few weeks, most recently revealing the correct date of PlayStation 5’s reveal event. Grubb had indicated that of a Skate revival and Apex Legends Switch port before EA Play, and has also stated a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster will be coming this year.

That is his recent track record (source)

A remaster of Hot Pursuit 2010 would be the best Need for Speed released since Most Wanted 2012 and I hope to god this is true, I’d preorder it in a heartbeat.

That game is already pretty much perfect as it is, so they really need to just improve the graphics a bit and up the resolution and that’s it, best NFS of the new decade.

I felt like it needed more stuff, the handling fits the map, the cop chases and its gadgets was fun but the single player side was ridiculously restricted. No quick race events for you to pick a car and track to play with, everything was locked to the career setting.

I remember the PvP was fun but the population of the game died off pretty quick back then on PC.

Apparently Stellar Entertainment is remastering a Need For Speed title and it could be Hot Pursuit 2010:

OMG! Please please PLEEEASE let there be a NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 remaster! I will buy that right away if it turns out true! Can you imagine a NFS Hot Pursuit 2 remaster? That'd be bad ass as well! :D

Now where's the homepage news post?

Not sure this can be front-page news yet since it is still a rumour at this stage.

Personally I don't think Hot Pursuit was the best choice for a remaster since it already looks good, but I get why it is being done since Stellar Entertainment worked on Burnout Paradise and this is built on similar foundations. Plus, it'll probably keep the "we don't want customisation" crowd happy.

If it ends up being more than a graphic overhaul then I will look into it more.

nfshp 2010 remastered? day one for me. Best nfs imo. Wishful thinking they'll add some Ferrari's, as that was the only thing the game needed.
But i'll take it anyway I can. Can't wait to gold everything again.

Not sure this can be front-page news yet since it is still a rumour at this stage.

Personally I don't think Hot Pursuit was the best choice for a remaster since it already looks good, but I get why it is being done since Stellar Entertainment worked on Burnout Paradise and this is built on similar foundations. Plus, it'll probably keep the "we don't want customisation" crowd happy.

If it ends up being more than a graphic overhaul then I will look into it more.
However with Ferrari may quit like it did during 2003-2012 and Toyota/Lexus still in license prohibition area(For EA and most racing games).HP2010 is the only possible choice for Remaster/Re-Release.Also like Paradise it lacked DLC for PC,so it will be a nice choice to bring them back 10 years later.

However with Ferrari may quit like it did during 2003-2012 and Toyota/Lexus still in license prohibition area(For EA and most racing games).HP2010 is the only possible choice for Remaster/Re-Release.Also like Paradise it lacked DLC for PC,so it will be a nice choice to bring them back 10 years later.

I get that from a licensing perspective, Hot Pursuit will be the easiest game to remaster since EA owns the rights to the majority of cars in the game. Music is another hurdle, but I wouldn't be concerned about that since Burnout Paradise only lost a couple of songs. I also get that it would be the first time for PC users to (legitimately) try out the DLC. ;)

My concern is that since the graphics in the standard game haven't aged much, it will simply end up being a port with improved textures and 4K/60fps support on console. If Stellar was to take an older game (ProStreet, for instance), chances are the visuals, and possibly other gameplay features would receive a more significant makeover to bring it up to modern standards, thus feeling like a more "new" experience.

I get that from a licensing perspective, Hot Pursuit will be the easiest game to remaster since EA owns the rights to the majority of cars in the game. Music is another hurdle, but I wouldn't be concerned about that since Burnout Paradise only lost a couple of songs. I also get that it would be the first time for PC users to (legitimately) try out the DLC. ;)

My concern is that since the graphics in the standard game haven't aged much, it will simply end up being a port with improved textures and 4K/60fps support on console. If Stellar was to take an older game (ProStreet, for instance), chances are the visuals, and possibly other gameplay features would receive a more significant makeover to bring it up to modern standards, thus feeling like a more "new" experience.
EA Canada games had rare cars like Lister Storm/Blackbox had Toyota/Ferrari(HP2 PS2)Both need to renew rare license which is hard.Also the Fake Criterion(real one fell apart in 2013) took over NFS in early this year means old Criterion games are more possible for return.Burnout on the other hand,they never add real cars so they wont suffer from car license problem.Another major problem is with EA cementing custom/chav style as THE NFS style of the future(since NFS2015) HP2010 HD may be the final Cannonball NFS.So it's also worth to own by NFS history standard.

No one's really touched upon this yet but for any trophy hunters out there, make sure to get all the multiplayer, speed wall, and dreamshot trophies before EA shuts down the PS3 & Xbox 360 servers.

No one's really touched upon this yet but for any trophy hunters out there, make sure to get all the multiplayer, speed wall, and dreamshot trophies before EA shuts down the PS3 & Xbox 360 servers.
Judging by Paradise HD situation-Original HP2010 server may be shut down 6 months or so after Remaster releases.

Back